Ncaa Cfb Saturday Week One

Do I really need to do breakdowns of these two games? Probably not because the question is just how much are these teams gonna get their ass beat by.

Ula-la at LSU

I love playing big point spreads with teams that just are loaded with depth along the second team since that’s usually when the spread is decided in the second half. LSU has more talent then any team in the country since you are starting to see some of those past top 5 recruiting classes by Nick Saban get a little more experience and older. Looking at past pansy games LSU has just crushed the opponents. ULL is the favorite to win the SBC but they were co-champs last year and I went to the game last year vs Texas were they lost 60-3. They looked like a JV team compared to Texas and LSU will be fielding the same type of athletes Texas did.

My Play:

LSU –29.5 ($500)
LSU 1H –16.5 ($300)

UNT at Texas

Same story as above and Texas no matter who the QB is (Simms, Mock, VY) has to much talent in its two deep to not kill the likes of UNT. Being in the same state and knowing some of these players Texas two deep could beat UNT easily. Look at the past scores of the last 3 UT home openers:

UT 60 ULL 3
UT 65 UNT 0
UT 66 NMSU 7

Its because the depth is there now in Mack’s 9th season and the recruiting classes has been one of the best in the country. Another element to this game is OSU is next on the schedule and look for UT to try and give the young QBs as much confidence as possible by letting them air it out. In last years home opener both Charles and Melton the RBs were making their debut and they both rushed for 100 plus yards. Expect more of the same as Texas returns the three headed rushing attack with the 15 pound less Selvin Young the starter.

I know I’m the biggest homer on this board but you guys are going to be very, very surprised by the play of Colt Mccoy the new QB. The reports coming out of Austin have been outstanding about him including the national media not just the local writers.

My Play:

Texas –40 ($400)
Texas 1H –22 ($300)

Last play on the card for me Saturday.

Notre Dame at Georgia Tech

Notre Dame is a lot of peoples choice to win the MNC and even though the Irish fan can almost be as unbearable as us Longhorn homers they do have lots to be excited about. In Weiss’ first year he turned the offense into the 8th best scoring offense in the country even though they faced the 12th toughest schedule and transformed Brady Quinn into the best QB now in the country. In one year. Its not out of the question for him to win it this year as Stoops did the same for OU. The defense last year returned only 3 starters and had difficulty stopping the pass especially teams with fast WRs that could expose the slow footed secondary.

9 starters return on defense for ND this year and they will be facing a GT offense that’s just been dismall in the Chan Gailey era. Last years was the worst as they avg 18 ppg and finsished 103rd in the nation. Yes I know they have Calvin Johnson but I’m sorry I think Reggie Ball is horrible. 36 starts and the guys thrown 41 INTs and only completed 50% of his passes.

The defense has been very good but has usually returned an average of 8 starters this decade. They only return 5 this season and got hit hard in the secondary as they lost 5 Dbs that have logged minutes including 3 starters. ND and Quinn should be able to move the ball through the air against this inexperienced secondary and GT and especially Ball hasn’t shown anything in the Chan Gailey era to make me think they can keep this game within a TD.

My Play:

ND –7 (-118) ($300)

Looks good bro.

Been waiting to see your thoughts on UT first half. That was awesome last year no doubt. I like both that and LSU half.

Good to see you on the NU train. Love that game.

Wow, I was actually looking at the LSU-ULL game a whole different way. But I think you're right.

Did you know that:
LSU is 12-6-1 in September
LSU is 20-0 in their series against ULL
Last game was in 2002 and LSU won 48-0
ULL has never scored more than TD on LSU

I like the recruiting and depth angle. Mix in the 4 headed QB monster LSU has and everyone wants to prove something in this game. Also like the emotional angle--LSU did not get to play their home opener against UNT last year because of Katrina. Put the program in a funk.

Like the pick.

Also wanted to hear your thoughts on Texas and played 1H.

Horn, I don't see the clock stopping a lot in the Texas/NT game, so I took the UNDER 54. It's hard to take a big 40+ favorite until I see how the new rule changes are going to effect the scores. I'll be watching this game Saturday on TV.

Texas over 54, Sooner.

Horn, I'm just waiting on the Texas team total line to come out. For some reason they are holding back the Texas and LSU team totals. Probably because the calculators exploded.

I'm thinking they set the Texas team line at 47-49 and I'd take the over. Any thoughts?

I agree. Texas will score in the 50s at least. Just a question if UNT scores.

I might like the Texas team total better than game total. Just wish Pinny would kick us down the prop.

Adrian Peterson UNDER 142.5 Rushing & Receiving Yards ($300)

Lynch & Forest UNDER 172.5 Rushing Yards ($300)

Calvin Johnson UNDER 6 Receptions ($300)

Johnathon Stewert -24 Rushing Yards vs Anthony Kimble ($300)

Well, dude, you threw your money away on that Adrian Peterson prop. They're going to find every way in the world to get him the ball tomorrow. I think I know your reasoning, but I think they'll find ways to get around the "box."

That being said, I'd like to see you win it because I'm on the UNDER 43 in this game and if he gets held under that total, I figure I win my bet easily.

Good luck, dude!
beer.gif

Derek Williams OVER 3 Receptions ($400)

Mark Bradford OVER 4 Receptions ($300)

Robert Jordan OVER 3.5 Receptions ($300)

Marcus Monk OVER 3 Receptions ($300)

John Beck UNDER 2.5 TD Passes ($300)

UPDATE RECORD AFTER FRIDAY

Sides 4-3 +$670
Props 4-0 +$1500
Total 8-3 +$2170

Once again solid on my big plays and throwing away money on the games I just want action on. Damn it. Props of course off to a good start.

Once again solid on my big plays and throwing away money on the games I just want action on.

incase "someone" wants to tail you, how does "he" know which ones are your small plays compared to the big plays? which particular dollar amounts?

hope i dont get eaten by the lost points!! "my friend" is on a few of your picks....the fucking totals you played were right on the button as skewed as they have moved more than i have ever witnessed...

i'm also paying a lot of juice as a i bought .5 here and there to get close to what you got...

from what ive seen so far this season, the odds makers are off to a fucking GREAT start (hence my aggrivation toward the movement and missed opportunities)

i have a very good feeling about your card tomorrow bro, good luck!

You da man Horn! :bow: Keep the winners coming!!!

:cheers:

Last edited:
Tennessee money;

Nebraska money;

LSU 1H money;

Texas money;

Texas 1H money;

Lynch & Forest UNDER money;

Stewert money;

Williams PUSH

Bradford money;

Jordan :hairout:

Pitt money;

UAB/OU UNDER money;

Pitt/UVA UNDER :hairout:

UH :hairout:

USC money;

LSU money;

ND :hairout:

Peterson :hairout:

Calvin Johnson :hairout:

Marcus Monk money;

John Beck pending

Also go look at frankthebank shocking upset of the week thread. U fuckin AB

Sides was great today going 9-3 +$2200 and props 4-3 -$150 but the Beck prop is looking good so probably 5-3 +$150. Total today 14-6 +$2350.

On the season
Sides 13-6 +$2870
Props 9-3 +$1650
Total 22-9 +$4420

Last edited:
Back