• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

NCAA bowl picks

added:

Michigan PK at +100 for 1 unit

Will be doing write-ups next weekend and adding more units to the stronger plays depending on lines near time of games.

Carr is ready to move on

Coach done with BCS controversy
December 9, 2006
  • img_icon_email.gif
    Email this
  • img_icon_print.gif
    Print this
BY MARK SNYDER
FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

<!-- SIDEBAR PHOTOS AND FACT BOXES --><!-- ARTICLE SIDEBAR --><!--MAIN PHOTO-->
bilde

<!--THEME LINKS--><!--RELATED ARTICLE LINKS--><!--RELATED EXTERNAL LINKS--><!--PHOTO GALLERY LINKS--><!--MAIN FACTS BOX-->Rose Bowl
  • Matchup: Michigan 11-1; Southern Cal 10-2.

Kickoff:

5 p.m., Jan. 1.

TV: ABC (Channel 7 in Detroit).

Line: Even.
<!--ADDITIONAL FACTS-->
<!-- BODY TEXT --><!--ARTICLE BODY TEXT-->Lloyd Carr, who met with the media Friday, promised it would be the last time he would talk about the Bowl Championship Series controversy.
"The thing we must do here is we have to move on with this," he said about the formula that sent Florida to the BCS title game against Ohio State over Michigan last Sunday.
If Carr really has made his final statement after almost a week of discussion, it's clear where he stands entering U-M's Jan. 1 Rose Bowl game against Southern California. Missing out on the title game disappointed him.
"Going back in my experience here at Michigan, 27 years, certainly from a strictly football standpoint, it was certainly one of the two most disappointing days I've had," he said, with the other likely the last-second "timekeeper" loss at MSU in 2001. "And certainly for this team -- which is more important -- it was a tremendous disappointment."
Carr's biggest problem is not with the system, but with the components. He wishes the Associated Press poll was still part of the BCS formula; the coaches poll and the Harris poll can be filled with biases.
But, Carr said, polls can't be eliminated and will have to be involved when the BCS system is, according to him, inevitably expanded to some playoff format.
The Big Ten's decision to end its schedule before Thanksgiving didn't concern Carr.
"We have, in the Big Ten Conference, a team that will be playing in the championship game," he said. "So I don't think the schedule hurt the Big Ten Conference with getting a team. The problem was getting two."
NOTEBOOK: Carr said he has met with each senior and NFL draft-eligible junior but declined to cite the players' personal decisions.
At the U-M bust last week, Carr said quarterback Chad Henne is coming back. Tailback Mike Hart said in an ESPN.com chat this week that he's returning. The other juniors in question are likely offensive tackle Jake Long and defensive tackle Alan Branch. ...
The Wolverines will practice four times before leaving for California after final exams Dec. 22. They'll resume practicing in California from Dec. 23-25, take a break on the 26th and treat Dec. 27-31 like a typical game week. ...
Recruits enrolling in January will no longer be allowed to practice with the Rose Bowl team, as Kevin Grady did two years ago. But Michigan is inquiring about the possibility that Marques Slocum, a defensive tackle enrolled in school but not yet part of the team, could be allowed. ...
Carr expects his entire team to be healthy enough to play in the Rose Bowl. U-M has sold out its entire allotment of 26,000 tickets for the game.

BYU/Oregon O61 at -105...2 units

These teams offenses are ridiculous, this will be a shootout, I really don't see why it goes under, both teams have shoddy defenses and holes everywhere, especially with a makeshift secondary for BYU..I really only see 2 or 3 punts the whole game.

Sucks overpaying for UCLA now..lmao....ah well...weather drove it down IMO...looking at maybe a bit harder now..whatcha think?

S-E-M-C-O-N

sorry bar..didn't get back to earlier obviously...I just let it ride, I had a bad feeling.

Adding: Alabama ML +115 for 2 units

THanks John..let's get this.

Reason I am taking alabama is the fact that Darby will run all over ok state. Ok state has no run defense whatsoever. Alabama has played several close games this year and have a young qb who is only going to get better. I like bammer's defense against OK state, and believe bammer will run on offense to at least get the victory. I also believe the bottom SEC teams are better than the bottom big 12 teams. I also think bama will open up the playbook a little bit with shula and his conservative nature out. DJ hall being questionable scares me, anyone know for sure if he is playing?

Another reason is Reid has been injured and will play but I don't think he is 100 percent.

QB play is huge in bowls IMO.

GL all.

Texas Tech -8 at -108 for 4 units.

feel very strong about this play..watched both teams all year and do not see how minny hangs with the tt air assault.

BUT..I haven't been doing that great so far this bowl season, so kind of nervous about posting this...I also have a bundle on them at -6 but never posted it.

GL all.

I played it for 6 units...and with way it looks like HOU prolly don't cover...its damn near a must win or my bowl season will go up in flames in 72 quick hours..lol

struggling..hopefully it ends tomorrow.

UM ML -105 got yesterday for 4 units..total of 5 units on UM...have capped this for two weeks and pretty much all year, feel confident.

UM dline will dominant USC oline....Um struggles against mobile Qb's and BOoty is not mobile...think brady quinn at ND this year. I think USC's run game will be shut down...jarret will get his but that is it IMO. USC doesn't like to spread out, their default offense is an ace 3 wide...if they do spread wide, UM will be ready...they adjusted to OSU's 5 wide in second half and IMO OSU is much better on O that SC. Special teams advantage is for UM IMO as well.

USC does have the genius Carrol, but Lloyd Carr is no slouch when it comes to big games.

That equals my biggest play of year which was UM +7.5 against OSU.

another one is Oklahoma and Tenny ML parlay to win 4 units.

Tenny has too much speed and good qb play for PSU...Morelli is not mobile and is a sitting duck.

Oklahoma has possibly the best defense in the country at this point and Paul THompson is quietly having a great year..too much depth for boise to overcome.

GL all.

Hey HUNT, what is your feeling on the OVER 46 in Pasadena tomorrow? In warm weather and with this offensive talent, a defensive kinda game just does not seem to fit this atmosphere. Rose Bowls have blown up in recent years, and this might spiral outta control ala UM/OSU this year. I think USC throws ALOT tomorrow, and Michigan will have to score to win. Thoughts?

Killa

Where in the hell you been bro? I've been keeping my eyes open for Timmy and yourself and you haven't been around? I was on a tear early (13-2) but am 4-6 since (including the Miami debacle this evening). What's on tap for tomorrow?

USC does have the genius Carrol, but Lloyd Carr is no slouch when it comes to big games.

Luckily for you, Carr doesn't have to play the Big 12

cough...Nebraska....cough Texas...

Hunt, my buddy...let's fucking nail that UM ML today.

Nice to see you pounded that fucker, before they became the fav again. SEMCON

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">The only big advantage I see for USC is that they are playing in familiar surroundings. I have gone to two Rose Bowls and there is nothing like this experience in Pasadena. Michigan is on the road, it will be interesting to see how they will adjust. I feel that Michigan is battle ready for this contest having played outstanding in the regular season. USC has been an up and down team. They were beaten by UCLA, that performance did not impress me. I wouldn't be surprised if Michigan wipes them off the field today. I am playing Michigan and the moneyline today. Good luck, Happy New Year, to all!</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Killa, If I was to play the total it would be the over, I agree USC will try and pass a lot. Henne is a much better qb than given credit for and should have a big day as well. Too much talent on both offenses it for it not to go over. I see a lot of turnovers as well which should result in short fields...add in the fact that Breaston should have a solid day on the return teams as well. Look for Um to do some reverses and trick plays that we have not seen all year.

Yup. the big 12 owns us austin.

Terpman, a lot of people bring up the homefield advantage for USC...this is true but people forget UM has been to the Rose 3 of the last 4 years, this is familiar surroundings for them. It is much similar to 2004 when USC was left out of the title game and USC waxed UM...It is eerily similar IMO. GL on your plays bro...I also agree USC has been inconsistent all year.

Yanks, let's do this....I really like the play..I hope we are winners.

btw, I am not capping this as UM has a chip on their shoulder, while this may be true, I just feel that they are the better team overall on both sides of the ball.

JumpOnBoard said:
Iowa SU??

Ferentz has been good in bowls but this team is garbage boys...down year across the board agreed in Big Ten and Iowa goes 2-6 when supposed to be NC contender??

Iowa has been hurt but also has been absolute garbage...esp as of late..

The loss to NW at home by 14 did it for me...couldn't beat wisky w/a backup QB in for them...handled at Minny to close..

Can't see that at all..
Almost came ture.. :shake: Would have been a sweet pick

Back