NCAA bowl picks

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
Season: 38-32-2....+8.3 Units

(31-21-2 ATS) 60 %...rest are ML plays on small favs, ML parlays or ML dogs

Bowl Season: 0-0

Ok, I have been on the computer the last hour watching line moves with BAR...here are the plays I locked in so far...all to win 1 unit, except ML's.

Iowa +14 at -105

UCLA -4 at -125

Ohio State -7 at -123

WVU -5 at -105

Wisconsin +4 at -105

Houston +7 at -110

Western Michigan +8.5 at -110

Michigan PK at +100
Michigan ML -105 for 5 units

BYU/Oregon O61 at -105...2 units

Alabama +115 ML for 2 units

Texas Tech -8 at -108 for 4 units

Wake Forest ML +269 for 1/2 unit

ML parlay..Vols/Sooners to win 4 units

Last edited:
thanks Troy...hoping to get some middles here...all courtesy of Pinnacle btw.

i think you should keep what you have personally they look great actually except for that wf long shot

will have write-ups as weeks go on..will be happy to talk about the picks, or any comments feel free to leave..I'm open to anything.

I hope so troy..BAR and I sat at the computer and just got lucky with some of these...we noticed wake ML was 289 or so then got hit hard down to 269 so we said why not? and got it at 269, and then it went to 260..I think public money comes in on Louisville so that is why I waited on the spread.

def but i feel lou beats them by 10+ atleast, i just hate that emotional high they will get #5 it seems to b inspiring this squad heavily

i also find teasers are great for bowls 2 teamers nothing significant. if you can find a dd dog and a 6 point fav thats a good combo

Iowa SU??

Ferentz has been good in bowls but this team is garbage boys...down year across the board agreed in Big Ten and Iowa goes 2-6 when supposed to be NC contender??

Iowa has been hurt but also has been absolute garbage...esp as of late..

The loss to NW at home by 14 did it for me...couldn't beat wisky w/a backup QB in for them...handled at Minny to close..

Can't see that at all..

this mirrors UM and Nebraska last year for me in so many ways If Iowa gets healthy.

Im just sayin it if.. texas's dc isnt there and also if mccoy is out or limited.
I mean texas did lose to kst and texas a&m so its not like they are on a roll..

texas has nothing to play for IMO while Iowa may want to salvage their season or whats left of a dissappointing year. texas is crushed and will be looking to get out of the season and make that chmapionship game agianst USC next year again....woops did i already make my prediction for next year i was goimg to wait on that hahaha

Stacks...Iowa was annointed the NC sleeper of the Big 10 this year just like Purdue last year and seemed to be buying it..

then started losing and quit...

What the hell do they have to salvage more then UT??

at least UT is playing in front of family and fans at home.....they have a little something to show up for..

JUmp, believe me, I know where your coming from...but you have to wonder how healthy Tate was and they had a lot of injuries to the line and wideouts...those are huge losses. I don't have them on the ML I have them +14 to unmotivated UT team.

TroyStacks said:
texas has nothing to play for IMO while Iowa may want to salvage their season or whats left of a dissappointing year. texas is crushed and will be looking to get out of the season and make that chmapionship game agianst USC next year again....woops did i already make my prediction for next year i was goimg to wait on that hahaha
Wouldn't Texas want to do the same in front of their home fans, friends, and family? Several key seniors on this team too that will want to go out on a good note. UT will not want to go out losing 3 in a row. Iowa has just been plain bad all year.

I agree with Stacks, but I see where texas backers are coming from...I just know this defense can be scored on and 14 is a lot of points.

HUNTDOG said:
JUmp, believe me, I know where your coming from...but you have to wonder how healthy Tate was and they had a lot of injuries to the line and wideouts...those are huge losses. I don't have them on the ML I have them +14 to unmotivated UT team.

Oh yeah...Tate wasn't really healthy for sure...the nose tackle and the RB were really big losses...

I'm actually more interested in UT's injuries...they've been hammered w/ em all year and that will be the key to the game IMO..how many of those guys are back, not just McCoy but the DLine guys...

Tate wants out of college IMO...

I get the two TD thing...I was just letting people know who haven't watched Iowa this year after the tOSU game...they weren't much then but have been much, much worse as of late...esp after the scUM game...

GL Hunt.

jump, yeah both teams have been beat up pretty good...thanks bro, looking forward to your picks too.

I am waiting on a few dogs..really starting to love houston.

Another thing is...

why is UM favored? are they favored for a reason to USC?

or is my sarcasm meter broken...

I have one play so far Hunt and it's BC -7 vs Navy....

I'm still watching these damn moves all over the place...and I love WVU at your number but was not on those five mins it opened amazing enough...7.5 when i came on.

no, no sarcasm lol.

DO you guys think Spurrier money comes in and wait on Houston or take it now at 7, I belive Houston can win SU.

added HOUSTON +7 for 1 unit

juice just went up, grabbing this now...not taking any chances.

sec fans think they are the only conference that can play ball. let the rich planatation owners poor their money on the ole ball coach

TroyStacks said:
sec fans think they are the only conference that can play ball. let the rich planatation owners poor their money on the ole ball coach

:smiley_acbe:

I will hit it again if it goes up stacks..all plays only for 1 unit now.

JUmp...you know as well as I do how much UM struggles out west..and in basically a home game for USC I just thought UM opening as a fav. was interesting.

tOSU used to struggle out there too then got on the run in tempe...

u can't hold UM's past shit there to any acct...if u're going to do that than u gotta say that SC struggles at the Rose Bowl then after the Texas game and that shit on Saturday..

It's all about line play in that one to me but UM should be plenty motivated IMO..

I hope your right jump...It's just tradition we suck ass out there lol.

Like the UCLA play, bro.

Can't believe you're not on UM yet. I'll talk you into it though over the next two or three weeks.
BTW...dontcha think UM's front 7 are better than the Bruin's front 7?

Anyways, the Trojan receivers are not barn burners. They're great, yes...but it's not pure speed that sets them apart.
As long as UM's front can pressure Booty...where Cal and ND couldn't...you won't have to worry about your secondary all that much. Besides, the Trojans have very little of a running game to keep the front 7 honest.

thanks yanks...

I will be waiting till around the week of game, depending on line...heavy lean to UM after looking it over though.

abcs said:
iowa wins su if the qb situation shakes up properly...

Wow. Just wow. You do realize Iowa has lost 3 straight including a loss to Northwestern at home in which they were out-yardaged 450 to 250. I could see taking the points here, but surely you don't believe this. Would it take a written apology from Vince Young for you to get over it already? Sheesh.

kansas st lost by 2 tds to baylor and to kansas.. anything can happen thats all im saying, especially if colt is out

abcs said:
kansas st lost by 2 tds to baylor and to kansas.. anything can happen thats all im saying, especially if colt is out

That isn't what you were saying though...you said Iowa wins SU if Colt is out...

You did NOT say "Iowa has a chance to win if Colt is out, anything can happen"...

adding: Western Michigan +8.5 at -110 for 1 unit

Cincy has to be affected with all the coaching change going on. D'antonio leaves now Brian Kelly is there from CMU...WMu has a great defensive front and Cincy's strength is their run game, I think WMU can stifle the run and at least cover the number, I noticed the juice moving against 8.5 so I got it locked in...can see this going all they way to 6 by game time. Much props to stacks and jumponboard for getting me to look into this one.

HUNTDOG said:
I hope so troy..BAR and I sat at the computer and just got lucky with some of these...we noticed wake ML was 289 or so then got hit hard down to 269 so we said why not? and got it at 269, and then it went to 260..I think public money comes in on Louisville so that is why I waited on the spread.

Yeah....I went to hiy it at 280....fucker was at 269 yet line went up a half point. We bet it there and it went down to 160 right after. Next day i checked and line was a full point higher yet the ML was only back to 270.

yep..crazy shit son.

I am not going to hedge my WVU bet....I expect the line to drop a little and players will be upset, but I do not see GT stopping Slaton/White anyways, they will run the same plays for the most part. I expect them to get theirs and cover the number I have them at.

Back