NBAX 2015

hugh613

Pretty much a regular
YTD: 0-0, +/-0.00

Sunday:

10/4/2015 6:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 551 Charlotte Hornets/Miami Heat* Under 190 -110
*For a variety of reasons, probably not going to be making too many plays during the preseason, but liking this one, so why not: a) Charlotte on a B2B, and if the first two seasons under Steve Clifford are any indication, the pace should slow down in this one, b) unlike the Magic (or, more to the point, the Magic's bench), the Heat actually do play some defense, so not expecting the trio of Lin, Lamb and Zeller to light it up for a second game in a row, and c) the Heat with the 4th lowest pace at home last season, so given the veteran nature of the roster, wouldn't really expect end to end action in this one.

Of course, its still preseason, so you never know (more or less the gambling equivalent of betting on WWE), but seems like one of those games where it either finishes way under or way over. Let's go for way under...

smileys-beer-129300.gif

YTD: 1-0, +1.00

Monday:

10/5/2015 10:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 751 Sacramento Kings* -4½ -110 vs Portland Trail Blazers
*Looks easy on paper (don't they always?), but the Kings made some pretty decent acquisitions during the offseason (Kosta Koufos, Rajon Rondo, Marco Belinelli, Seth Curry) and a big time splash in the draft with Willie Cauley Stein. The Blazers, on the other hand, look primed to be the worst they've been in years (gone are LaMarcus Aldridge, Nicolas Batum, Wesley Matthews, Arron Afflalo, Robin Lopez and Steve Blake, and replaced by a bunch of spare parts). Doesn't mean they can't be competitive, but if the Kings run and execute the way George Karl wants, going to be hard for a group of guys unfamiliar with one another to keep pace (plus, the Blazers have no one inside, so should be a field day for the likes of Cousins, Koufos and Cauley Stein for as long as they're in there).

smileys-beer-129300.gif

Thanks Paulie. Seems to be a popular play (which is both good and bad), but really hard to make a case for the Blazers tonight (or any night going forward, for that matter). Obviously these things are subjective, and one can never know for sure until you actually see them play together, but man... this is one bad looking roster. Admittedly, Damain Lillard's the type of player that can carry a team on his back, but other than Gerald Henderson, there's literally not another proven scorer on that team. Plus, once the bench comes on, you're looking at a potential 5 man unit of Noah Vonleh, Mason Plumlee, Mo Harkless, Allen Crabbe and Phil Pressey. Talk about ugh...

Hard to see them being able to keep up with the Kings, but stranger things have happened. Hopefully wake up in the morning to a winner.

smileys-beer-129300.gif

Well almost got the miracle victory. I just checked the box score right now after shutting the game off at half. Just wow. This kings team is going to be fun to watch.

And if the nuggets can get it going in the right direction the Sacramento/Denver b2b is going to be even tougher with the tempo the Kings will be playing

Well almost got the miracle victory. I just checked the box score right now after shutting the game off at half. Just wow. This kings team is going to be fun to watch.

And if the nuggets can get it going in the right direction the Sacramento/Denver b2b is going to be even tougher with the tempo the Kings will be playing
Yeah, doesn't look like a game we deserved to win, but still (why didn't the Blazers foul at the end?) Also, was going to blast Marco Belinelli for missing a FT at the end of OT, but considering he was the only one who scored in OT, guess you can't be too mad at him. As for the Kings, sort of looks like same old, same old. Opposition team totals look like they might be the better bet this season.

As for tonight, not sure what time I'll make it back home, but definite interest in the Wiz over as Wittman wants to play small ball and run this season (Noel and Okafor could have a field day inside), and the Houston/Memphis over as well (although maybe only the 1H as it wouldn't surprise me if McHale pulls the starters early).

YTD: 1-1, -0.10

Tuesday:

10/6/2015 7:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 552 Washington Wizards* Over 97 -110 vs Philadelphia 76ers
10/6/2015 7:35 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 553 Indiana Pacers* -4 -110 vs Detroit Pistons
10/6/2015 8:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 557 Houston Rockets/Memphis Grizzlies* Over 193 -110
10/6/2015 8:35 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 559 Denver Nuggets* -4 -110 vs Dallas Mavericks

*Tagging along with nbafan on the Wiz total, following the steam on the Pacers and Nuggets (as explained in the discussion thread), and all four regular season matchups between the Rockets and Grizzlies went over last year, so expecting the same type of pace tonight, preseason or not.

smileys-beer-129300.gif

Adding:

10/6/2015 8:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 556 Chicago Bulls* Under 96 -110 vs Milwaukee Bucks
*Bulls missing D-Rose, Pau Gasol, Taj Gibson and Kirk Hinrich, so not sure who's going to score other than Jimmy Butler (and seeing as how he only averaged 14.8 PPG in 4 games against the Bucks last season, maybe not even).

smileys-beer-129300.gif

Lol that was too easy. Can't overthink plays in preseasom

anything on the Jazz/lakers game? I'm thinking the lakers won't run out of gas today and maybe the Jazz will be a little less up for this one

YTD: 3-4, -1.40

Wednesday:

10/7/2015 7:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 751 Atlanta Hawks* +2½ -110 vs Cleveland Cavaliers
10/7/2015 7:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 751 Atlanta Hawks* Over 94 -110 vs Cleveland Cavaliers

*Was looking at possibly 4-1 last night, then in short order Joel Anthony with the putback at the buzzer to give the Pistons the cover, then the Bulls manage to put up 40 points in the third quarter after scoring only 37 the entire 1st Half (helps that they went to the line almost 25 times in the 3rd - good thing emkee wasn't on the Bucks... : ) Anyways, as for tonight, pretty sure LeBron won't be playing 40+ minutes tonight like during the Finals, so without help from Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson, don't see why the Hawks don't roll tonight (plus, the game's in Cincinnati, so pro-Cavs crowd or not, HCA goes out the window).

smileys-beer-129300.gif

If all the mavs are out again, Houston should run away with tonight's game
Haven't had too much of a chance to look, but I'll post as soon as news breaks. Wouldn't be surprised to see McHale pull Harden, Howard and Lawson at the half though (none of them played in the 4th last night in what was still a relatively close game).

Looking very good

Any thoughts on the Suns? Thinking to take the Kings tonight
Not sure. Was thinking of the Suns team total as it's obvious the Kings don't plan on playing any defense any time soon, but haven't looked into it yet (plus a little concerned the total dropped from 206 to 199?). I'll have to wait til Arrow's done... : )

YTD: 5-4, +0.60

Adding:

10/7/2015 10:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 759 Sacramento Kings/Phoenix Suns* Over 100 -110 for 1st Half
*Expecting a better start from the Kings tonight (sounds like Karl plans on tinkering with the starting 5). Plus, if I bet the full game, I'll end up staying up, which I don't want to, so...

smileys-beer-129300.gif

Just glancing at tomorrow's games, probably end up on the Raptors and Warriors. Lakers are a mess to begin with, and have to get their body clocks readjusted to California time (probably not a big deal, but same phenomenon as EC teams returning from West Coast trips and vice versa), and looks like I'm going to be stubborn on the issue of the Blazers sucking bad this season (plus the Warriors just a slightly better defensive team than the Kings).

See you tomorrow night.

Great job tonight! Was thinking to play Atlanta all day but forgot to put it in.

Some very solid spots coming up in the next few days

Thanks nba. Hope you ended up playing the Rockets. As for "spots", haven't looked deep into the schedule, although fading the Bobcats and Clippers the first game back from China should be autoplays. Plus, it's a real bitch trying to find out info sometimes, but I guess that's part of the fun.

:cheers3:

That's what makes preseason betting so profitable if you do your homework. The lines are super soft because books aren't getting much action and there is no attention on the games. Plus people think you're nuts if you bet on preseason

do you use Twitter?

YTD: 6-4, +1.60

Thursday:

10/8/2015 7:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 552 Philadelphia 76ers* Over 93 -110 vs Cleveland Cavaliers
*No LBJ but, more importantly, no Mozgov, meaning Okafor and Noel really only have Anderson Varejao to contend with. Hopefully the Sixers plan on putting on a show for the home crowd. Back in a few with some more...

smileys-beer-129300.gif
@nbafan (use SB Nation, twitter and Rotoworld, although also look at the line moves to figure out if something's up), @Al Burna (thanks. Glad it worked out).

Adding:

10/8/2015 8:00 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 568 Memphis Grizzlies* -28 -110 vs Maccabi Haifa

2 Team Parlay @ +111.8
10/8/2015 10:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 557 Toronto Raptors* -210 vs Los Angeles Lakers
10/8/2015 10:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 561 Golden State Warriors* -230 vs Portland Trail Blazers

*Where the hell's divol with info on Maccabi Haifa? Anyways, maybe not the smartest of bets considering the bench ends up seeing the bulk of the action but, for the most part, Maccabi Haifa's had it handed to them during their US Tour the past two seasons (including a 116-70 loss to the Grizzlies in 2013). Did manage to play close games with the Wizards and the Raptors last year but, based on what I managed to find, that team was coming off a trip to the Finals. This year's team looks to be much less competitive (plus the Grizzlies have some major height advantages), so 28 (provided the Grizzlies feel like winning convincingly), doesn't seem like much of a stretch. As for the parlay, meh... Seemed like better value than betting both individually ATS.

smileys-beer-129300.gif
@Paulie (you flatter me unnecessarily my friend. You're every bit as knowledgeable as me), @nbafan (No twitter. : )

Thanks, hugh that's nice of you to say and yes I do know the NBA but I leave my mind open and this is the best NBA forum on the net bar none and that's because of you, emkee,smh,nba and many more that would take to long to type. O I have to mention BC he's just the Nuts. To everyone else if I left you off it wasn't intentional I can't wait for the NBA to begin. Best to luck to all and I'll try to contribute as much as I can because I'm 'Old:rofl: and have a lot on my plate and sometimes I fall asleeping and forget what I was going to say...:rofl:

YTD: 7-6, +0.50

Friday:

10/9/2015 7:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 756 Washington Wizards* -6 -110 vs New York Knicks
*Looks like the Knicks have a host of injuries and game time decisions and Melo only played 20 minutes the other night, so wouldn't expect that to change much tonight. As for the Wiz, too early to tell if this new up tempo offense ends up sticking (beating the Sixers not really much of a barometer), but might be enough to overpower a (potentially) undermanned and undertalented (not sure that's an actual word) Knicks squad.

smileys-beer-129300.gif

gonna take the wiz tt over again.... gotta believe the wiz give the friday night crowd a nice preview of what to expect this season

good luck

YTD: 7-7, -0.60

Saturday:

10/10/2015 3:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 551 Brooklyn Nets/Philadelphia 76ers* Under 195 -110
*Already in midseason form with the number of clunkers I've thrown out there the past few nights... Anyways, game being played in Albany (ie. unfamiliar rims and shooting backgrounds) coupled with the early start time should point to under. A little concerned with the lack of defense shown by the Sixers through two games (does Brett Brown even have an actual coaching philosophy?) but, at the same time, the Nets aren't quite the Wizards or Cavs on offense, nor are they as porous on defense either. Probably end up cutting it close in this one, but think the under should prevail in the end.

smileys-beer-129300.gif
Nice hit on the Wiz total nba.

smileys-beer-129300.gif
Nice hit on the Wiz total nba.

I had 103.5 and shut the tv off with 30 seconds left....

then someone on twitter messaged me with a "whew!".... and thats when i looked at the box score to see how the game ended.... just remarkable lol

the wiz tt over is going to be an auto play for me every game until there is a massive correction... the bench played most of the 2nd half and got the job done... the pace looks pretty good

these preseason games are not smart plays :rofl:

good luck tonight

YTD: 8-7, +0.40

Adding:

10/10/2015 7:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 553 Chicago Bulls/Minnesota Timberwolves* Over 199 -110
10/10/2015 8:35 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 556 Milwaukee Bucks* Over 98 -110 vs Detroit Pistons
10/10/2015 10:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 558 Sacramento Kings* -5 -110 vs Portland Trail Blazers

smileys-beer-129300.gif

Adding:

10/11/2015 1:35 AM NBA Preseason Basketball 559 Los Angeles Clippers/Charlotte Hornets* Over 197 -110
*Highly doubt the NBA wants to see a snoozefest in this one...

smileys-beer-129300.gif

YTD: 10-9, +0.20

Sunday:

10/11/2015 7:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 751 Orlando Magic/Houston Rockets* Over 200 -110
*Kind of meandering right now and not doing a good enough job of picking my spots like the previous two exhibition seasons (should probably also stop bothering with the Blazers, but that's a different story altogether...) We'll see how this one goes...

smileys-beer-129300.gif

Adding:

10/11/2015 9:30 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 758 Los Angeles Lakers* -15½ -110 vs Maccabi Haifa
*So far, so good down in Texas, although gonna need the Magic to start turning it on. As for the Lakers, pretty obvious the Grizzlies took Maccabi Haifa way too lightly the other night (held them to 36% shooting, but were careless with the ball, and only got bailed out thanks to 35 trips to the line). Not that the Lakers are a better team than Memphis, but definitely a younger group with more to prove, so should see some better effort here. Plus, first game at Staples, so players should feel more relaxed as well. Looking for both Hibbert (a good three inches on both Haifa centres, plus a lot more professional than the likes of Zach Randolph) and Kobe (Kobe with an international audience, so you know what that means) to go off in this one.

smileys-beer-129300.gif
Thanks STEED.

Monday:

10/12/2015 12:00 PM International Basketball 1521 BC Mega Leks/KK Zadar* Over 147½ -110
*You know it's a slow day when I'm betting a league I know nothing about (no, not the NBA, smart asses...), but the total's on the rise from what I can tell, and each of the four previous matchups the past two seasons were high scoring affairs, so might as well to kill some time until I get a chance to look over the card for tonight.

smileys-beer-129300.gif

Adding:

10/12/2015 2:30 PM France Basketball 1511 Asvel Lyon Villeurbanne/Paris Levallois* Under 143 -110
*Managed to get the win in the first match (Mega Leks 81, Zadar 74), so might as well try one more and give it right back...

smileys-beer-129300.gif

YTD: 12-9, +2.20

Monday:

10/12/2015 7:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 552 Cleveland Cavaliers* Under 95½ -110 vs Memphis Grizzlies
10/12/2015 7:35 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 558 Toronto Raptors* Over 104½ -110 vs Minnesota Timberwolves
10/12/2015 8:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 559 New Orleans Pelicans/Chicago Bulls* Under 205½ -110

*a) Cavs missing too many pieces on offense and the Grizzlies have held both opponents in the high-30's shooting, so unless LeBron plans on doing this all by himself, not sure Cleveland even manages to break 90 in this one, b) truth be told, I have my misgivings about this Raptors play, but the woeful defense (or lack thereof) the T-Wolves have displayed to this point (allowing opponents to shoot over 50%), coupled with the first game at the ACC, should lead to a couple of 30+ quarters to help get over any rough spots along the way and c) 180 on my part with regards to the Bulls total, but the Bulls offense has lived and thrived by the 3 to this point. Well, as it turns out, the Pelicans were second best in the league last season at defending from beyond the arc, so maybe the 3's don't drop quite as much tonight. Either way, the spike in the total at least gives under backers a bit of a cushion (oddsmakers couldn't have been off that much, could they?)

And on a side note, planning on going to the game here on Wednesday night between the T-Wolves and the Raptors but, seriously, these ticket prices... Talking not much less for an exhibition match as opposed to a regular season game.

http://www.capitaltickets.ca/event/nba-15/

smileys-beer-129300.gif

Brilliant decision to reverse course on the Bulls total, LOL. Well, on the bright side, the other two are looking good, and managed to hit both my European totals, so... Anyways, just looking ahead to tomorrow night, Cavs under should be in play again with LeBron not expected to play B2B, Thunder a no brainer, and probably the Suns provided Harden's a no go.

See you tomorrow night.

YTD: 14-10, +3.10

Tuesday:

10/13/2015 7:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 754 Cleveland Cavaliers* Under 92½ -110 vs Milwaukee Bucks
10/13/2015 8:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 758 Oklahoma City Thunder* -12 -110 vs Dallas Mavericks
10/13/2015 10:05 PM NBA Preseason Basketball 762 Phoenix Suns* -4½ -110 vs Houston Rockets

smileys-beer-129300.gif

Mans running out some terrible NBA players. Thunder 2nd squad is quality NBA guys. Thinking of a blowout here as well.

Mans running out some terrible NBA players. Thunder 2nd squad is quality NBA guys. Thinking of a blowout here as well.
Nowitzki, Parsons, Matthews and D-Will all out for the Mavericks. Here's the best part though:

Per Donovan, Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook are expected to see slightly increased playing time against the Mavericks on Tuesday. Both stars played 22 minutes in each of the first two preseason games. Donovan said he will go with the same starting lineup: Westbrook, Andre Roberson, Durant, Serge Ibaka and Adams.

http://newsok.com/steven-adams-a-full-go-kyle-singler-questionable-for-mavericks-game-on-tuesday/article/5453118

In other words, Thunder or bust. And thanks nba. Hopefully the refs favour the Suns like they are the Cavs right now (10 FT's halfway through the quarter, SMH...)

Back