• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

NBA Wednesday...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
4-5 (0.79 units)

So, I start right now. I am mad after that first night. I had rallied to make some 'smart' plays later in the night and all of that blew up in my face with a 58 point last 8 minutes of the game in San Francisco. It was like an avalanche when it got started. Good lordy...

Recap...

I love my Warriors live play in the 2nd. I had a pretty good grasp on this matchup and saw them taking control. They did, but things got interesting late in the 4th.

My first under ignited a scoring spree right after I submitted. Murphy's Law at work right there. With that being said, we finally got a nice lull to end the 3rd and start of the 4th. In that time, I added at 224.5 and finally had all I ask for -- options. With just over 8 minutes left, I took over 206.5 to piece together with my initial 215.5., I'll be honest, at that point, there was not a reason to middle the 224.5, We were going to need over 50 points in 8 mins to lose that one.

We know the rest went. That scoring spree was worth a 3.18 swing on the night, which was the difference from profit to loss...

Boston and Philly just kept scoring. My bad capping there wasn't paying attention to the fouls and free throws. By the time we finally got a lull in the middle of the 4th it was too late. We had a chance to split, but that game went nuts in the last 2-3 minutes as well.

Prop went well overall at 2-1... thanks to @2daBank for getting us going. I wish I had tailed more Harden plays to be honest. I did my own with the rebounds. That number was pretty low (albeit juicy). Really looking forward to that thread each day. Lots of great talk and interactions.

Okay, enough whining.

One last note. Between the last 2 mins of first half and first 3 mins of the second half there was 37 points in SF tonight. Then, 58 in the last 8 minutes of the game. So, 95 of the 232 points were scored in just over a quarter of play (13 mins). Just, wow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't go over futures to start the season. Fwiw, I have a few that I was chasing trades with this summer. I don't care for any of them now (Toronto, Miami and Phoenix). Thanks Durant etc. The good thing though, these teams can be active at the deadline.

I'd advise maybe a few bucks on MEMPHIS +2500. I am not saying this is their 'year' but they are damn close and likely the 2nd best team in the West.

If you like Philly and a rejuvenated Harden, that +1200 feels like it will start dropping a bit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Detroit Pistons:

This team will have lost of growing pains but will be A LOT of fun to watch. Their draft was ridiculous. Ivey and Cade look very natural together in the preseason. Duren will be the steal of the draft. Cade put on 20, and should have a heckuva year after a great finish. They were boring at times last year, not so much this year. The Bogie addition is low key solid and another bargaining chip.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday NBA...

I'll be working a lot of this slate. I am going to be charting quite a bit with regards to totals to help moving forward. I'll get into prop discussions tomorrow for sure. Now, some quick thoughts....

Pels and Nets is very interesting. They have this lined as basically equal teams. Excited to see who is 'ready' to play, both ways.

Knicks get to showcase their new PG, and Memphis looks to build off that nice playoff run.

Pacers and Wizards is just a learning game for me.

Cavs and Raptors features two playoff teams that you know will always play hard. Cavs should continue to step forward on this solid rebuild.

Houston, much like Detroit, lots of talent that will go through the pains. They already made this total pretty high at 233 vs Atlanta..... They scored 258 and 244 in last year's meetings...Hawks are still a middling team to me...

The Spurs won't be good this year, and the Hornets come in as a small favorite. I believe Ball is out, right? Or, at least doubtful.

Minnnesota is another team on the rise. They are not at the Memphis level, but just a step behind. Oklahomaa City has a lot of talent that I like and give them 3-4 years --watch out. So sad that Chet got hurt though. Giddey time!

So, Utah is starting aa rebuild. Good for them. The trades have been great and should get them back into contention in several years. That group had gone as far as they could. I used to love me some Denver, but they are stubborn to make the coaching change. Granted, they are team injury -- but he is still living off a bubble run.

Phoenix opens vs Dallas, and you have to love the schedule makers for setting this up right out of the gate. I believe Dallas has not gotten better at all. Now, Luka is so good that doesn't matter. Weird off-season for Phoenix. To be honest, they have also gone as far as they can with this group. I don't know how they have a great regular season like the past few years -- complacency has to set in. As far as this game goes -- classic NBA situation for playoff revenge. Look at the score of Game 7, and this one hits harder. Old days, this is a BIG play for me. Tomorrow night, I will track it and if I see what I like then I will get on Phoenix LIVE.

Portland and Sacramento wraps it up. Oh dear lord. Poor MR Fox out in Sacto.

I skipped the local game. Detroit will have issues on defense all year. They gave up a points in the pre-season. I want to track this one and see the pace and determine if these teams can score on each other at a consistent pace tomorrow night. If this was a more established opponent, I would look at the opposition team total. For now, track...

So, bottom line for tomorrow:

Track totals

Lean Phoenix pregame and hopefully live

Tracking over in Detroit

Memphis on a discount live?

Props tomorrow.

Wont take long for you to change your stance on the Hawks middlin

Dejounte and Trae will be the best backcourt in the East

Gonna wait this out a bit

A TT is foolish, because if they don't get back into this, then we'll see benches.

Need some life, then reassess.

Kings Blazers, predicably bad shooting.

FTs helping.

Will be tracking 2h.

1-1 on totals tonight. Explain later.

What crew is this in PHX? Refs have been letting them play…I noticed it right when I tuned in early 3rd

Back