NBA Trade deadline Feb. 20th discussion

CASH

Pretty much a regular
thought I would get a thread going - only 16 days away...

Boston looking to move humphries and his expiring contract..its 12 million, about 6 would be remaining for anyone that trades for him. Has played really well. high basketball IQ - what teams can use a 6"9' off the bench...

@WojYahooNBA: New Orleans, who lost forward Jason Smith to season-ending knee surgery, has been extremely active in trade talks past several days.

Pelicans really really thin, the status of Jrue Holiday is still up in the air.
If Davis goes down, they could be the worst team in the NBA.

yeah i was just looking at trade machine to see what the pistons could get if they traded monroe to them, really no assets at all.

@WojYahooNBA: New Orleans, who lost forward Jason Smith to season-ending knee surgery, has been extremely active in trade talks past several days.

I can only assume this is for next year. they are so banged up and looking up at Oke and a few other teams they can't beat in 7 games.. have a nice core if they can get healthy...

NO are 7 games behind Dallas for that final 8th spot and there are three teams between them and Dallas, so even if Dallas suddenly forgets how to play basketball, there are other good teams.
They got zero shot of making the playoff and what appears to be a good draft (if they own their draft pick) where they can have high pick. Why would you try and improve?

If anything, they should trade Gordon, after so many months of trying to do so and begin tanking.

dang philly could be exciting in the coming years. didn't know they got Noel and probably a top 10 pick next year, in addition to their own lottery pick. Add that to MCW. holy young talent on the cheap.

Yeah, but it's a question of what you do with your picks.

Look at what Cleveland did with their picks and what Thunder did with theirs.

At the moment, Sefolosha and Perkins the only two players in Oklahoma that weren't drafted by Thunder (and Fisher).

i mean right, but this draft is widely considered the best and deepest in years -- no one thought much about last year's class, even at the top.

The Sixers are eager to net a draft pick for Turner—they've also shopped free-agent-to-be center Spencer Hawes and forwardThaddeus Young—and that has been a hang-up in their efforts to find a trade.

Still, the Magic will be looking for ways to shop a few veterans in an attempt to pick up more young assets. Arron Afflalo will garner the most interest, but Jameer Nelson and Glen Davis are also available. Nelson's partially guaranteed deal (only $2 million) next season makes him a particularly interesting chip.

its real simple with the sixers. you want ET...you give a 1st rounder. You want Thad? You take Hawes and give a 1st rounder. Otherwise, dont bother calling

why is philly starting all over, all over again,, i thought they had some decent young players ?
Bad gm, bad ownership? what is their direction/plan?

their direction plan is to have 2 lottery picks in the most loaded draft of the past 10 years and build around MCW and a healthy Noel. If I'm a Sixers fan I'm pretty happy about the outlook of the team in the next 5 years.

ok, so they are going to keep mcw, i think i was confusing him with turner who they want to trade

The Cavaliers are open for business. The two names mentioned most around the league are second year guard Dion Waiters and veteran forward Alonzo Gee. Waiters and lead guard Kyrie Irving has not meshed well together and the Cavs seem to be accepting that moving Waiters has to happen.

Four years after the deal was made to bring Sefolosha to Oklahoma City, there are now reportedly discussions taking place that could land the shooting guard with another team before the trade deadline.
While there are several names out on the trading block from around the league, Jared Zwerling of Bleacher Report and NBA TV reports that Sefolosha is one of the more notable players on the market:

their direction plan is to have 2 lottery picks in the most loaded draft of the past 10 years and build around MCW and a healthy Noel. If I'm a Sixers fan I'm pretty happy about the outlook of the team in the next 5 years.

I'm not sure what else the sixers can do but be excited by the draft, but this idea that having a lottery pick means you will get an impact player just isn't correct.. It's like a 50/50 shot..

I think the current cba gives owner an excuse to suck and they are falsely selling their fans on the notion that they will find 'stars' in the draft.. 76ers will most likely suck for many years

Washington will try to acquire a backup point guard before the trade deadline, a source said, but isn't optimistic the Wizards can make such a move.

Charlotte is actively pursuing a deal for needed perimeter shooting, a source said.

^
Didnt realize turner was a 3, thought he was a 2. Would make a fun team to watch when bledsoe came back healthy...

via SN sources: Celtics' Brandon Bass has trade interest from Suns, Warriors, Bobcats - NBA - Sporting News.

The report lists the Warriors and Bobcats as potential suitors. Word leaked Monday that the Warriors are open to trading all but two of their players and the Bobcats have been aggressive in the buyer's market already in advance of next Thursday's deadline.

The Warriors want bench upgrades, but getting a deal done without moving reserve Marreese Speights is going to be tricky. Is Bass an upgrade over Speights? That's debatable, but he's at least more seasoned and consistent.

Wizards are interested in andre miller as backup to Wall, But according to Marc Stein, the two sides have been unable to find a match for Miller's $5 million salary so far.

I've heard rumors that Barnes and Thompson are available, but doubtful they get moved before deadline

You could probably get them for a lottery pick. Would you guys trade a lottery pick straight up for klay or Harrison ( I think I would if I had a pick between 5-13)

I've heard rumors that Barnes and Thompson are available, but doubtful they get moved before deadline

You could probably get them for a lottery pick. Would you guys trade a lottery pick straight up for klay or Harrison ( I think I would if I had a pick between 5-13)

I don't see GS too much - what is your opinion on Klay - is he good enough to be close to a Parson type of player (I think parson has a high iq for the game - underrated passer)?

Not sure , I'd say he is right on par and probably has a higher ceiling..somebody like inspeckdah would probably be the better person to ask

I'm not sure if there is anything big that happens before the deadline, but the offseason should be nuts.. Your starting to hear rumors that kyrie is unhappy and doesn't like playing for mike brown ( shocker)

The Knicks reportedly want to get their hands on point guard Kyle Lowry again, but the Raps are good standing pat with him.

The Bobcats are absolutely serious about pursuing [Evan] Turner, per several league sources, and the Sixers could take on Ben Gordon’s expiring contract along with one of Charlotte’s extra first-rounders (likely the 2014 pick Portland owes it) if that closes the deal.

The Wizards reportedly have interest in [New York guard Beno] Udrih. The Knicks would love to stockpile a second-round pick or Wizards rookie Glen Rice Jr., whom the Knicks had as one of the candidates to draft last year at No. 24 if Tim Hardaway Jr. was off the board, according to multiple sources.

ahoo Sports reports that the Memphis Grizzlies and Minnesota Timberwolves are involved in trade talks centered around Minnesota sending forward Chase Budinger and guard J.J. Barea to Memphis in exchange for forward Tayshaun Prince. The big question involves a Memphis favorite:

Memphis wants to include forward Tayshaun Prince into the package and the deal could be expanded to include guard Tony Allen, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Components of a proposed deal are still fluid.

According to ESPN New York, the Nets are interested in Jack and might be able to deal Jason Terry for him.

With a report out already that the Nets are interested in Jarrett Jack, Yahoo Sports now reports Brooklyn could be after the Lakers' Jordan Hill.

The Nets have a $5.25 million disabled player exception that they can use in a trade or free-agent transaction until March 10, and could use a portion to absorb the remaining $3.5 million on Hill's expiring contract.

Nevertheless, the luxury tax penalty on absorbing Hill's contract would be extraordinary for Brooklyn: Nearly $17 million. Hill could give the Nets a capable power forward and center replacement for a run at the postseason, but ultimately ownership would have to be willing to sign off on expanding its record $190 million-plus combined payroll and luxury tax.

Per the Boston Globe:

There are rumors the Miami Heat will be looking to deal Chris Bosh, and the Bobcats, who are under the salary cap and could accept Bosh’s near-maximum deal could be a prime candidate. As much as Charlotte would love to build through the draft, team officials understand they have to start winning and need a player to be the face of their franchise. Bosh could serve that purpose.

Sacramento offered Isaiah Thomas, Ben McLemore and two picks for Celtics guard Rajon Rondo, but Rondo wasn't interested in re-signing with Sacramento, reports Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports.

The Timberwolves are reportedly interested in Andre Miller, according to ESPN.com.
The interest is contingent on J.J. Barea getting shipped at the deadline. The Wolves have been reportedly been trying to deal Barea since all the way back to the summer, so it's still a bit unlikely they can get anything done.
Source: Marc Stein on Twitter Feb 18 - 12:39 AM

Sacramento and Brooklyn discussing a deal centered on Marcus Thornton for Jason Terry and Reggie Evans, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

^
haven't seen anything. Latest i had read was waiting on his health..

Bobcats had inquired on his availability -

[h=1]HoopsHype Trade Deadline[/h] by HoopsHype - Updated: February 19, 2014 - Trade Rumors

TEAM
ATLANTA
BOSTON
BROOKLYN
CHARLOTTE
CHICAGO
CLEVELAND
DALLAS
DENVER
DETROIT
GOLDEN STATE
HOUSTON