NBA Playoffs...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Exact Number of Games (GS vs Port) 4 games +125 1.60-2.00 units

This bet can definitely lose. Any bet can. If the Blazers want to just get red-hot for 3.5 quarters then so be it. I'll pay to see it honestly. Other than the 4th match up, this wasn't a pretty season series. The one close game was not the greatest spot in schedule for the Warriors but they were up something like 50-28 that game and blew lead going into halftime and it was a good 2nd half.

I look at it this way, the Warriors are not losing at home to start. We'll see the Blazers a bit fired up in GAME 3 but that will subside. If they get that 3rd win then I have them +125 for a game they will be favored by about 8 in after that. I'll take it. If I lose Game 3 for some reason, there are opportunities to make this bet back afterwards.

BOL gruv, game 4 up 3-0 would be my only real concern, and not even that real :beer4:

Completely agree with the strategy

I like the Clippers to win series as I have stated and Blake to have a big playoffs too...

Tonight I think they come out strong...

LA Clippers 1q tt 025 -115 1.44-1.25 units
Blake o21 pts -130 1.11-0.85 units

Btw, I am playing a lot of totals etc live. It is pointless to post those but that has what has been working this year other than situational plays.

Shocker a posted play loses.

Clippers offense was garbage that 1q and it lost by one...knew it would be tough with Jazz slow down but figured they would try a little more early offense...oh well...Blake off to a great start...

I had 14 total plays today...good times :rofl:

Learned a lot though...thoughts in a bit...

Day 1 Thoughts...

One day of the 2017 NBA Playoffs in the books and here are some quick thoughts...

Indiana and the Cavs:

It is not easy to just turn it on in the playoffs. It is not easy to become such a bad defensive team one year after being a very good one. That is where the Cavs are at. Even with everyone sucking for the Pacers besides PG/Lance they gave up points until a rough 4th quarter both ways. The Cavs looked fluid at times and rough at others on offense. They certainly were not as 'loose' shooting the three as we have seen at times. LeBron was all about getting inside, much respect.

Khloe is a problem inside, keep that in mind.

Cavs will win this series but it could be 4 games or 7 but there will be interesting points. No reason to lay points with them right now more than a bucket or two.

Somehow I lost my middle opportunity of over 218 with my unders 9 and 8.5 points higher. That didn't sit well. Thanks Pacers.

Bucks and Raptors:

Hello playoff Kyle Lowry. He was out a long-time but thee precedent is there. Pretty blah crowd at the ACC too, I get the Leafs were playing but jeez. Not a pretty game. The refs kept the Raptors close enough for awhile. Once Greek got his 4th, Milwaukee went on the pretty much run that won the game.

This is just a butt ugly series here. I appreciate the gross 4th quarter though.

Grizzlies and Spurs:

My hunch bet of day was Memphis 1q tt over. I had nothing to back it up and never played it. Otherwise, what a disaster. The refs kept this game going awhile, I almost lost my 4th qtr under here but got it in.

I've decided Manu looks like they put present-day Rick Carlisle in a jersey and thrown him out there.

Who gave Tony Parker magic youth potion?

I don't really care about this series to be honest.

Jazz and Clippers:

Our favorite team to hate, the Jazz. Their season of injuries summed up with the Rudy injury and Favors limping to line late. They played their gross style early then broke out of it and were fluid and good. It got them the lead. The Clippers need early offense and an aggressive CP all game to have a chance. He took half a game off from scoring and they are stuck in their ways. Blake was great for 25 mins, that is it. Thankfully the prop hit.

Joe Ingles is a problem for JJ. Big-time. Totally frustrated him.

See ya early manana...

Small future on Bullets btw...see what happens...just looking for options...Night all...:peacesigns:

Oh yeah, this was right before Lance ran out to 3 point line :chin:

C9e_5ypUAAAnARA.jpg

Thanks a lot for the write-up, Bar. Actually, while I'm at it I should thank emkee (again) and raems, and anybody else who takes the time to put some rational thoughts on the screen as far as how to approach betting these games. I don't usually tail people, but it is immensely helpful to be able to read through your thoughts because it gives me a sort of baseline where I can weigh each statement one by one and decide to what extent I agree with that statement or not. Then I have a better feeling for whether or not I agree with an overall betting decision...

One day of the 2017 NBA Playoffs in the books and here are some quick thoughts...

Indiana and the Cavs:

It is not easy to just turn it on in the playoffs. It is not easy to become such a bad defensive team one year after being a very good one. That is where the Cavs are at. Even with everyone sucking for the Pacers besides PG/Lance they gave up points until a rough 4th quarter both ways. The Cavs looked fluid at times and rough at others on offense. They certainly were not as 'loose' shooting the three as we have seen at times. LeBron was all about getting inside, much respect.

Khloe is a problem inside, keep that in mind.

Cavs will win this series but it could be 4 games or 7 but there will be interesting points. No reason to lay points with them right now more than a bucket or two.

Somehow I lost my middle opportunity of over 218 with my unders 9 and 8.5 points higher. That didn't sit well. Thanks Pacers.

Bucks and Raptors:

Hello playoff Kyle Lowry. He was out a long-time but thee precedent is there. Pretty blah crowd at the ACC too, I get the Leafs were playing but jeez. Not a pretty game. The refs kept the Raptors close enough for awhile. Once Greek got his 4th, Milwaukee went on the pretty much run that won the game.

This is just a butt ugly series here. I appreciate the gross 4th quarter though.

Grizzlies and Spurs:

My hunch bet of day was Memphis 1q tt over. I had nothing to back it up and never played it. Otherwise, what a disaster. The refs kept this game going awhile, I almost lost my 4th qtr under here but got it in.

I've decided Manu looks like they put present-day Rick Carlisle in a jersey and thrown him out there.

Who gave Tony Parker magic youth potion?

I don't really care about this series to be honest.

Jazz and Clippers:

Our favorite team to hate, the Jazz. Their season of injuries summed up with the Rudy injury and Favors limping to line late. They played their gross style early then broke out of it and were fluid and good. It got them the lead. The Clippers need early offense and an aggressive CP all game to have a chance. He took half a game off from scoring and they are stuck in their ways. Blake was great for 25 mins, that is it. Thankfully the prop hit.

Joe Ingles is a problem for JJ. Big-time. Totally frustrated him.
Some good thoughts here. Agree with the Kardashian post. Harden games magically came back to a MVP level after getting rid of that bitch.

Kyle Lowry, LOL. Might have to get on his UNDER props. Sometimes it's just mental.

And yeah, that Ingles dude is frustrating. Ball hawking, in your face way out on the perimeter. You just don't see that much in the NBA anymore.

Washington -5.5 -110 2.20-2.00 units

*we'll start with this, subject to change
=
If I can get some sort of Wizards run here then this will be bought off...closest I got was +4...

Morbid crowd

Scotty Brooks

Atlanta looks spry.

Hawks living at line, on pace for 50 fts this game.

Obviously hoping for game to land on 6. I had to take now before that Washington bench gets in there or I may not get the option again.

Now, to mess around with the total...looking for a 6 point + middle...closest I have got is 5

Well, Wizards cover after all but I would have been shitting myself in last few minutes a few times. I wasn't quick enough on trigger to get the 7.5 or 8 and missed the bigger numbers for a middle which would have been sweet.

Oubre settled down between halves and the Wizards played at a totally different speed the 2nd half. Jennings didn't score but he controlled game and made a few defensive plays in 2nd half when he was out there.

Today going out bad though with shitty start in Oakland.

That is is for me posted today, off to the grind for 10-12 hours...only looking for live on totals in 2nd halves...hopefully blowout here and hit under at some point...

GL to all, Happy Easter:cheers3:

Live play,

Dubs other than KD have been blah. CJ has kept Blazers in it. Lillard will start jacking them out of it soon enough.

Dubs 3rd quarter coming up too...

Live play,

Dubs other than KD have been blah. CJ has kept Blazers in it. Lillard will start jacking them out of it soon enough.

Dubs 3rd quarter coming up too...
exactly my thoughts. gotta see the line, and score of the game.

Khloe Thompson Rebs o10.5 -125

I like Myles Turner but he cannot handle Tristan at all. It is playoff time, it is Tristan time. He had those 13 boards real quick the other day and did it on both ends (6 and 7) in 32 minutes of action. All I am asking for here is 30 minutes of play. The Pacers shot 40-81 the other day, and that was basically PG and Lance. They are not equipped to do that every night consistently. The Cavs are not great defensively as we know but they will 'look' better tonight and I expect that TT controls the boards. Lets say he gets 12-14 in 30-32 minutes of action. I feel like this number is inflated/juiced for a reason...

Rock and roll.

love-khloe-kardashian-tristan-thompson-marriage-6f86ed54-0f0d-492e-bf8c-f8b2d2be86ae.jpg

Huggy Bear better ditch the dead weight b4 she brings the whole Cavs team down

the KK curse is legit and will be a factor

So-so night so far, lost Milw 1h under...middled total though(202.5/214.5) and been playing around on this Celtics game for very small profit on ML's...and live total..actually just calculated..lost exactly 1 dollar lol on this game.

Ingles frustrates J.J.

Clips have to have CP be aggressive scoring-wise to win this series.

Good luck, I'll be looking live as always.

Well, win or lose on the props...

CP was aggressive early then passive and foul trouble...

JJ had one open shot...and maybe another he coulda...otherwise he is kinda locked up by Jingles. Obviously he can explode for 8-10 points real quick but I am happy how I capped that off Game 1.

Well,

Nothing you can do with CP3. He just doesn't have the drive to score all the time. He scored 7 points three times in this game and each was a pretty quick burst. He shot 60% or so for game. No FT's hurts, but the Clippers barely got to the line.

MM was off on the prop bets. I had eye on JJ bet even more and played smaller. It was a mental thing of taking what I thought was a great mental note from Saturday and I did the same with Tristan last night and lost. Nothing more, and nothing less. The mind is a curious thing at times.

My horse before playoffs was Blake. I layed off tonight with prop up 2 points and his 4th qtr woes. The corner 3 got it. I am still hoping for a Warriors match-up to get some more plays there.

The killer late, and I am lucky to hit a middle already tonight was I took the u199.5 as a 'position' to start the game. I wanted a 9-10 point middle and figured I would get it. It was at 189.5 in 3rd and I went to submit and that is when the last few minutes of 3rd quarter went nuts. By the time I got back under my original number I took the over to offset about 80% of it as the game was close and due for some Clippers FT's. The FT's never came and it was another sloppy 4th at Staples. A lo and behold, the fucking game middled on that last two Ft's. Grrr. I was a CP point and quicker trigger away on the keyboard from a helluva night in the late-game.

Clips survived. Glad we are changing venues. Clippers playoff games at Staples have zero fan interest it seems. Delta Center(whatever it is called now) should be absolutely rocking.

Back