NBA Playoff Plays (Second Round)...

Team trends mean little especially regular season ones, line-ups change etc.

Majority of those Cavs underdog losses were without LBJ in the line-up.

How's BetCrime's elimination under trend going ?

You are right...Trends are made to be broken. Shouldn't bet soley based on trends

I just saw that you were using trends through this entire thread and thought maybe you were interested

:shake:

Friday...

Golden State Warriors at Memphis Grizzlies

The play...

Warriors -5.5 +100 (2 units)

Thanks fellas.

Playing the line. Grizz getting 5 points in a must-win/elimination game with TA playing seems a little generous. Regardless, I said it from the start that the Dubs are a matchup problem for the Grizz. Once they adjusted it was all over for Memphis. Goal for the Dubs is to closeout and get 3-day's rest in until the WCF's and watch your potential next round opponent battle it out in a Game 7, then come into your building on 1-day's rest. You don't piss about with a veteran team - kill 'em first chance. Kerr seems smarter than McHale and Doc, pretty sure he'll have them come to play. Grizz may fight, then fade late or just fade from the start.

Refs not the best but Crawford usually knows what's up in closeout games.

Home dogs of 4 or more facing elimination are 6-27 SU (11-20-2 ATS). 1-6 SU and ATS last 7 occasions.

Game 7 (Sunday)...

Los Angeles Clippers at Houston Rockets

The play...

Clippers ML -130 (3.9 to win 3)

Last edited:
In the NBA playoffs the better team wins the series 98.9% of the time, simple formula.

Clips are the superior team in this series.

Game 6 was a massive anomaly.

The two crackheads Smith and Brewer combined for 29 points in the 4th while the MVP runner-up was riding the pine.

As I said in the in-game, Josh Smith will give you one, possibly two of those games a season. Not three. Just a highly improbable outcome.

It's a make or miss league and the Clippers missed everything, even dunks in that 4th quarter.

H-Town D was improved from previous games but not as good as it appeared late in this game.

Clippers this season have proved themselves to have a stronger mental fortitude from season's past. Spurs series is the evidence.

All in all, to reiterate and using my power ratings...

In a series the lower ranked team is likely to beat the better team once, less likely twice in-a-row and extremely unlikely 3 times in-a-row.

Clips win Game 7.

Good shit. If the refs pose no problems I can't disagree. Josh Smith nailed 3 3's in a row in that game to bring them back in about 45 seconds.

I was drunk but it felt like I was dreaming watching that game unfold.

2 days off is just what the Clippers needed. Crawford/Reddick won't struggle as badly as they did.

Not sure the Clippers have the mental makeup to get over that collapse the other night but, at the same time, pretty obvious which WCF the league would like to see and don't think it's a coincidence Tony Brothers got this assignment either *wink, wink*

Good luck emkee.

@emkee: agree with your post but will stay away from this one for couple of reasons:1) momentum is now in houston favors even if clipps are inherently the best team, HOU has home court advantage and Home team is more than 80 % SU for games 7 in NBA playoffs, maybe if clipps didn't get the job done when they lead 3-1 in this serie is because they are now feeling the mental/physical fatigue of their previous serie vs spurs. Only good news is that they won game 7 vs spurs which should help them mentally in this game

Good luck bro! Only scary thing is I see a lot of Clips ML plays floating around the sports forums this morning and afternoon. Seems like no one is giving Houston a chance to win this game at home today. Agree with you about Smith and Brewer. But so hard to bet against Harden at home knowing he would like nothing better than to face Curry and the Warriors in the Conference finals. I'm on the other side and will wait to see if I can grab an extra point or half just before tip off. Feel the Clip money will continue to come in late. No bad luck bro, never a good thing to be opposite of you.

health Em...

i do believe Clippers post-season are 4-0 S/U with Callahan and Mauer officiating

Made me add another unit pregame. Need one more surprise from these playoffs.

If not may overpay for a piece of Rockets ML in the 4th to save a little dignity for my bankroll.

Worst read of the playoffs. Should have stuck to basic psychology, teams don't recover from epic meltdowns - better team or not.

Good luck bro! Only scary thing is I see a lot of Clips ML plays floating around the sports forums this morning and afternoon. Seems like no one is giving Houston a chance to win this game at home today. Agree with you about Smith and Brewer. But so hard to bet against Harden at home knowing he would like nothing better than to face Curry and the Warriors in the Conference finals. I'm on the other side and will wait to see if I can grab an extra point or half just before tip off. Feel the Clip money will continue to come in late. No bad luck bro, never a good thing to be opposite of you.

Well played. Sometimes it's that simple.

Feel a lot dumber having bet this game and relatively big too.

Will get it back next round. Sets up a decent WCF Game 1 play.

@emkee: agree with your post but will stay away from this one for couple of reasons:1) momentum is now in houston favors even if clipps are inherently the best team, HOU has home court advantage and Home team is more than 80 % SU for games 7 in NBA playoffs, maybe if clipps didn't get the job done when they lead 3-1 in this serie is because they are now feeling the mental/physical fatigue of their previous serie vs spurs. Only good news is that they won game 7 vs spurs which should help them mentally in this game

Good call, Edou1x.

I just didn't believe in the Rockets. Relied a little too heavily on my 'power rankings'.

Who would have thought Josh Smith could catch lightning in a bottle the past 3 games.

Craziest series in sometime.

Back