NBA Playoff Plays (First Round)...

Thanks TCM.

Play is based on what we've seen transpire so far and the strong 'numbers', not as sure as I was in previous games backing the Grizz given it's a defining game for the Thunder in their current state. This game basically makes or breaks OKC as heads are sure to roll if they go out in the 1st round. KD could very easily come out and dominate this game if he wanted to (like LBJ did in the 2011/12 ECF's down 3-2 in the series vs Boston, Heat were also a 2-point road fave in that game) but I find that unlikely with Westbrook playing, Russ thinks he's the 'alpha' on this team. Durant is getting hammered by the local media, may drive him or make him wilt further. His in-game mannerisms lead me to believe he'll continue to stay passive but maybe he becomes a man tonight. We'll know after the 1st quarter.

Grizz a relatively 'popular' play across the interwebs too.

A loss by OKC tonight though, would be a blessing in disguise for this franchise and make them a better team going forward.

Refs tonight pretty good. Mauer a company guy.

8-6-1 (+8.59)

KD stepped up, sure but the Grizz failed miserably last night.

San Antonio Spurs at Dallas Mavericks Game 6

The play...

Spurs -3.5 +102 (3 to win 3.06)

:shake:

Closeout game for the Spurs and I doubt Pops takes it lightly. Mavs played their best game of the series in Game 5 and lost by 6 points, doubt they get another opportunity.

Mavs 1-6 SU and ATS in Game 6 when trailing 3-2 in a best-of-7 series.

Hit a wall last couple of days.

Home teams are 16-26-3 ATS (21-24 SU)

Zig-zag is 25-9-3 ATS (best results in years)

8-7-1 (+5.59)

Crazy playoffs so far, normally reliable angles have been getting abused. If you escape this 1st round with any sort of profit you've done very well imo. Thought the zig-zag was dead given previous season's results but it's made quite the 'rebirth' this postseason

Golden State Warriors at Los Angeles Clippers Game 7

The play...

Clippers -7.5 (2.5 units)

Lobbers in the best 'spot' of all the Game 7 teams playing tonight, have to make a play here.

adding...

Atlanta Hawks at Indiana Pacers Game 7

The play...

Pacers-6.5 (1 unit)

Small play on the refs, commish got the boys in for this one.

Indy v Hawks...

Brothers (head ref): 4 games officiated, home team is 4-0 with a points differential of 17.

Corbin and Mott are huge homer guys.

Yeah. Ref play came to fruition, was one of the more telling ensembles put together by the commish in order to add something to a dire East Conference postseason. At least now a Heat v Pacers ECF's is possible. Should have added more.

Building a book on the commish's men to help things going forward.

Refs in the next two games with no glaring home/away leans, slightly 'roadie' though. Head ref Mauer is a company man so should keep the 'Hollywood' market involved tonight.

Underdogs so far through the 1st round are...

33-14-1 ATS (27-21 SU)

Last season they were...

21-24 ATS (14-31 SU)

And the season before that they were...

21-20-3 ATS (10-34 SU)

Just crazy, didn't notice this much parity throughout the regular season at all so the massively successful transition into the playoffs is weird to say the least - almost scripted.

9-8-1 (+5.04)

Having a rough time of it right now.

Dallas Mavericks at San Antonio Spurs Game 7

The play...

Spurs -6.5 (3 units)

Sticking to my guns again even though previous successful spots are getting shit on in this crazy start to the playoffs. Is a situation I'd play 9 times outta 10 - SA off a close Game 6 road loss and now back home for Game 7 is historically a decent spot, also no 8-seed has won and/or covered a Game-7 ever vs a 1-seed. Manu cost them Game 6 with his awful shooting, so expect him to have a big game today. Just can't see SA dropping another big Game 7, especially against an 8-seeded team they previously dominated and going out like chumps. Square pattern of though but that's how I see it.

Home team in Game 7 of Round 1 is 13-4 SU (12-5 ATS).

Game 7 home teams, seeded 4 or better as faves of more than 4 points are 21-6 ATS.

I tend to agree. It's either Dallas ML or Spurs coming in focused and dominating the game from the tip off.
Good luck!

For sure, Ret.

Knew Pops meant business when he rocked up in the light fawn-colored suit, would love to see the results for SA when he wears it.

Finished the 1st round on a decent note given how messed up it was, goal was 10 units - got close enough so can't complain.

2nd round is often the 'money round' in the playoffs. Looking forward to it, some really nice match-ups on deck.

All the Game 7's this round somewhat clouds the water for the upcoming Game 1's but a few nice looking plays at first glance.

10-8-1 (+8.04)

Nice hit.....one day, I need you to take some time and explain/share your ref angles/info, and impact on your plays. The ref's in the Spurs game today drove my my Spurs TT play, but it's a part of my capping that is really lacking. Let me know when you have some time to help me out....much appreciated.

Back