NBA Playoff Plays (First Round)...

i do expect a better game out of kd but this is anybody's game tonight...should be a good one

what a shot by vince to win game 3..these nba playoffs have been great viewing

Yes. If they can avoid a Game 7.

Carlisle is all over Pops so far.
I do not totally agree with you, yet I am shocked as to how well they are hanging with SA

not sure what is goin on, but the Spurs may very well look back at this game and have that "sheeet" look

GL the rest of the way my brother:cheers:

Thanks fellas.

OKC have a 2-4 series record when trailing 2-1 in a best-of-seven.

Grizz have a 2-1 series record when leading 2-1 in a best-of-seven.

Couple weird games. Grizz did everything right but score, unfortunately you need to score to win.

Ret...

:shake:

Reggie pulled that one out of the fire for OKC with a little help from the refs.

The ball is in the Thunders' court regarding this series after tonight's result but after further thought I'm not entirely convinced they finalize the deal. When you have a Russell or a KD yet have to rely on your back-up PG to win a game, it doesn't exude the best confidence going forward.

Hate to say it but Durant is incredibly soft, rather than take TA on full throttle and prove his status - he wilted and went MIA.

We shall see.

In what way did the refs help?

I think there were at least two fouls by Allen that refs didn't call (one on offense and one on defense), but all in all, I think that refs do a good job so far in the playoffs (aside from Game 1 in Houston).

Memphis have only themselves and their free throws to blame that they didn't use amazingly bad game by KD and Westbrook to take 3 - 1 lead in this series...

Just an in-joke regarding Nbafan, Divol.

Grizz couldn't close the deal, plain and simple. Udrih's turnover towards the end of the 4th was huge.

5-4 (+5.69)

Laid off a couple of gimmes in the early games. Pissed.

Nets in a must-win, imo not sure if I'll play it though given the refs.

Looking at the late West Coaster.

Dallas in somewhat of a good spot tomorrow. Not sure what the league thinks though.

Spurs with a series record of 1-13 when trailing a best-of-seven series 2-1.

The turnover issue they're experiencing is down to their mindset, it ain't right - Mavs in their skull. Dally guard play too fast, too furious for Frenchie.

Possibly but more than likely the points.

Line getting hit, 3 and the hook now.

Will check in with the local.

Played...

Portland -3 (1.5 units)

Local didn't adjust.

Blazers haven't dropped back to back home games all season.

5-4-1 (+5.69)

These apply tonight for Dallas...

'Lower seed' is 17-7 SU (.708) at home in Game 4 when leading the series 2-1 in Round 1.

'Lower seed' is 7-3 SU (.700) at home in Game 4 when leading the series 2-1 in Round 1 if they lost Game 1, won Game 2 and won Game 3.

Grizz failed to get the SU win in this spot last time out but did get the spread albeit via a 4th quarter 'bed-shit' by OKC.

Not sure if winning in such dramatic fashion helps or hinders the Mavs, they're due a flat spell after playing out of their skins the last 3 games of this series.

Still dissecting things. Will have some plays in a bit.

Thanks Hugh.

adding...

San Antonio Spurs at Dallas Mavericks Game 4

The play...

Mavericks +4.5 (2 units)

Riding the mojo and the 'numbers'. Have this lined at 2/2.5 personally, Spurs perceived to be in a must-win so there's some inflation via Vegas.

Spurs 2-12-1 ATS last 15 Game 4's.

Fly in the ointment is the appointment of Scott Foster as head ref, could work against or for so keeping it as 2 units to be safe remembering the 2nd round is where the money is made.

Leans for the other 2 games are Cats and Pacers with the latter being the stronger of the two.

Thanks, man.

Thought this one was a dead duck, was very surprised the Spurs let them back into the game but will gladly take it.

Just a crazy, crazy opening to the playoffs. Spreads are relatively tight also.

Could say Silver is manipulating the playoffs into a super-exciting experience in his first year as the commish to get some love from the people. Just when you think a team is getting hosed, the refs take their side in the 4th.

Bad team in a great spot tomorrow, gonna be hard to pull the trigger. Waiting on refs.

6-4-1 (+7.69)

adding...

Memphis Grizzlies at Oklahoma City Thunder Game 5

The play...

Grizzlies +6.5 (2 units)

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Series is now a best-of-three with two games to be played in OKC, this being the first and best opportunity for the Grizz to win. Have watched this series intently and Memphis is the 'better' side, not too mention they have done so predominantly without Z-Bo, who has been terrible - dude is more than overdue though. Brooks coaching method is get the ball to KD or Russell and hope for the best, Reggie saved his ass (at least for now) in Game 4. TA is suffocating KD whose numbers have decreased each game. Have this lined at 3/3.5 so will mos def grab the 6 and hook. Win or lose given the nature of this series, the Grizz are the correct side.

Series somewhat reminds me of the C's v Bulls series in '08.

Lean strongly to the Bulls also. Home team in Game 5 trailing the series 3-1 is always a solid play but they appear lost right now and have a weak 2-6 SU record in Game 5's, still deciding.

OKC are 3-12 ATS last 14 road games, 2-11 ATS last 12 playoff games and 1-8 ATS last 8 playoff games vs Memphis.

OKC are 0-3 ATS last 3 Game 5's.

Grizz 7-1-1 ATS in their last 9 first round playoff games.

Grizz 11-5 ATS on 2 day's rest this season.

adding...

Washington Wizards at Chicago Bulls Game 5

The play...

Bulls -4 (1 unit)

Couldn't resist, small play. Home teams down 3-1 in Game 5 are money.

Good write-up on Grizz.

Yeah the down 3-1 spot is a GREAT situation but I just don't know how Chicago can score. I feel like it would have to be the Bullets taking a game off figuring they can close it out at home.

Thanks BAR.

'Higher seed/Home team' trailing a best-of-seven series 3-1 are 16-1 SU (13-3-1 ATS) in Game 5 (1st round).

Have to roll with it and hope the Bulls find some offense.

Will most likely be on them also, very favorable individual numbers as well for Houston in this spot.

GL...

Caught holding a bad number for the Grizz now. Steam on the faves has been wrong all week though.

Will trust 'my line' of 3.5 and hold.

7-5-1 (+8.69)

1-1 (+1) tonight.

Played the Bulls blindly based on history knowing very well they couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat, thought Thibs would get 'em going and have them not wanting to drop 3 straight home games to an up n' comer with no credentials. My bad, this team fell apart at the wrong time.

Grizz did what they do, grinded away - built a lead - lost said lead - got to OT and won. OKC going out early would be a blessing in disguise for the franchise if it means Scott Brooks gets bounced.

adding...

Portland Trail Blazers at Houston Rockets Game 5

The play...

Rockets -5.5 (2 units)

Same trends/stats apply for the game as the Bulls play but the good news is the Rockets can actually score.

Like them to get this one in decent fashion in their own house after shitting the bed last time out.

Throwing a spanner in the works for this play...

Don't like seeing Danny Crawford reffing tonight. Dude is not a Houston guy nor is he a home team guy this postseason.

He has officiated 4 games this postseason and the home team is 0-4 with a -10.8 points differential.

Portland also undefeated (5-0 SU and ATS) this season under his whistle.

Other two refs not that good either...

Michael Smith - 2 games reffed, home team 0-2 with a -16 points differential.

David Jones - 4 games reffed, home team 2-2 with a -2.8 points differential.

Was convinced by the previous rotations Mike Callahan would be the head ref (67% home team W%), situation calls for a play though so will stick with it.

played memphis su last night....ya, that is the story of the series...memphis goes up big, lets okc come all the way back, and then they recover....4 straight ot games wow...i am getting absolutely no sleep...my work is suffering:)

I know Taz, pretty unreal stuff right now in the 1st round. Scandals, more playoff OT than I've ever witnessed, last year lottery teams doing well. Should settle in the 2nd round surely.

Thanks, Number 2.

Thunders' young stars getting ripped right now by their local media. OKC open as 2.5 road chalk for Game 6.

Home teams are 12-21-3 ATS so far through the playoffs.

The zig-zag theory is 16-9-2 ATS.

Dallas is 9-1 SU off a home loss and 12-1-1 ATS in the playoffs since 2011.

Lean Dallas but SA is 0-4 ATS in this series and tonight is a good a spot as any for the Spurs to finally win a spread plus Mike Callahan is in the building.

Line just dropped to 4.5 in Houston, my number given the situation is a flat 7.

Will hold, Rockets cover with points to spare or lose straight up.

As long as Lin isn't handling the ball late in the game I think we're good. Went back and looked at the previous games and Lin is the front-runner for Blazers' MVP honors in this series.

how about my raptors lol...62-44 at the half...liked them today but wow...went to a box at the acc a couple weeks ago, it is good times...if they beat brooklyn it will be nice..get to see bron in toronto will be good times

much better atmosphere for a raptors nba game than a leafs nhl game (leafs is all corporate)

Timh...

Your Raps got it in the end, Taz but they're in a bad spot next game.

8-5-1 (+10.69)

Oklahoma City Thunder at Memphis Grizzlies Game 6

The play...

Grizzlies +2.5 (2 units)

Virtually an auto-play here given what's transpired. OKC are a fickle, poorly coached team, Grizz content to sit back and let Westbrook shoot the Thunder out of the game while Tony Allen destroys KD's mojo. Z-Bo awoke somewhat and Mike Miller found his stroke - series should conclude tonight.

Again, win or lose Memphis is the right side. Have this lined at Grizzlies -1.5 via my 'numbers'. No doubt OKC will be a dangerous facing elimination.

'Lower seed' leading a best-of-seven series 3-2 is 15-6 SU (.721) in Game 6 at home (Round 1).

Grizz 8-1-1 ATS in their last 9 first round playoff games.

OKC are 3-13 ATS last 16 road games, 2-12 ATS last 13 playoff games and 1-9 ATS last 10 playoff games vs Memphis.

OKC are 0-4 SU the last 4 games they've faced elimination.

Last edited:
Grizz 8-1-1 ATS in their last 9 first round playoff games.

And also 9-1 ATS against OKC in the playoffs, this year and last. Facing elimination vs. Memphis last year (in OKC), Thunder lost by 4 as 4.5-point favorites. Westbrook and Brooks remain clueless. I like the play a lot.

Last edited:
Back