NBA Off-season Thread

Pelicans 55-1 good value if they can swing a BI for Durant deal. BI is probably the best player they’d get back in return plus picks. He’s a top 20 guy in the league and improving each year.

With KD they’d likely be 8-1? CJ, Durant, Zion, Jonas and the rest of that depth would be near the favorites.

55/1 even with no Durant isn’t bad and you can likely get out of it with a first round win with a lot of profit.
One of our Twitter dudes keeps pumping KD up I just don’t see it happening

Locals reporting that Brooklyn wants more than Ayton, Bridges, Cam Johnson and 5 picks from the Suns lol

No star there and Ayton is a free agent but damn that would be silly to not consider. Especially how high i am with Bridges. If I could get those picks years out when the wheels fall off with KD and Paul those are lottery too!

No star there and Ayton is a free agent but damn that would be silly to not consider. Especially how high i am with Bridges. If I could get those picks years out when the wheels fall off with KD and Paul those are lottery too!
Ayton is restricted, no chance they're letting him go free but the point of that is how much the Nets actually want for him. Hard to see much of a deal getting done if they want more than that.

I believe it was a hypothetical benchmark to test the water but if that doesn't get it done there's no point

The issue is that the Nets just don't want Ayton at all.

Ayton is restricted, no chance they're letting him go free but the point of that is how much the Nets actually want for him. Hard to see much of a deal getting done if they want more than that.
They need a third team to take Ayton.

The asking price was always going to be high and the cost went up after the Gobert trade.
Well "high" is subjective. Everyone knows it's high, gotta draw a line. Not like he's some great leader. The second the Nets said they wanted Booker in return I kind of laughed the whole thing off.

Well "high" is subjective. Everyone knows it's high, gotta draw a line. Not like he's some great leader. The second the Nets said they wanted Booker in return I kind of laughed the whole thing off.
Durant is a total clown but he's easily a top 5 player in the league and a guy that can put a team like Phoenix over the top. I wouldn't expect to get Booker back but Bridges is a must plus multiple first round picks from Phoenix and a third team that takes Ayton.

Ayton really because of how the season ended and the fact he can sign a max deal with any team and fuck up the trade scenario makes his value in the trade essentially worthless. Maybe even a net negative. Why would Nets want to tie up a max slot for 5 years for a big man that some teams wouldn’t even want playing in their scheme? So it’s basically Bridges and a bunch of firsts. That won’t cut it.

Suns think way too high of Booker to not swap him out directly for him.

Ayton really because of how the season ended and the fact he can sign a max deal with any team and fuck up the trade scenario makes his value in the trade essentially worthless. Maybe even a net negative. Why would Nets want to tie up a max slot for 5 years for a big man that some teams wouldn’t even want playing in their scheme? So it’s basically Bridges and a bunch of firsts. That won’t cut it.

Suns think way too high of Booker to not swap him out directly for him.
Durant doesn't want to be here without Booker lol. I hope you've known that, would defeat the purpose. He'd ask for another immediate trade.

By far. BI could become KD lite, too, the way he’s improved each year.
Brandon Ingram is not a superstar. He's a star. Referencing your take on Ayton, they are about par in the star category.

Not superstars and not even close.

Not sure I want him but I'd have to pull for it if he's here.

I'll always go back to taking Ayton over Doncic and the failure in that the owner is a UA grad and it was glossy goggles over being smart. We get Luca, no need for CP3 and free money to do a lot more.

I remember you saying you wanted Luka. Great call/prediction.

Reactions: KJ
I remember you saying you wanted Luka. Great call/prediction.
Watched so much youtube, etc on him and I don't do it with the Euros often, but we had the top pick. First star I've seen from those vids. Of course it's easy to say Dirk but I didn't watch him, maybe didn't care enough when he was drafted. Probably only one I've watched outside of Luka was Dragovic and he had impressive video. Would say that was not a miss by the org, great career. And Dayton has been something we've never seen here (at least since I've been here, only real big guys to compare to would be Stoudamire and Cliff Robinson). He's fine but seems aloof. Guess just not an intense personality. Hate to put it that way because those guys succeed but as #1 overall you need some moxy, not that guy. Kinda glad Monty has realized it already.

Pelicans 55-1 good value if they can swing a BI for Durant deal. BI is probably the best player they’d get back in return plus picks. He’s a top 20 guy in the league and improving each year.

With KD they’d likely be 8-1? CJ, Durant, Zion, Jonas and the rest of that depth would be near the favorites.

55/1 even with no Durant isn’t bad and you can likely get out of it with a first round win with a lot of profit.
I posted this earlier in the thread but I was hoping they’d look to trade Zion for KD, before he signed the super max extension

Crazy it sets up as the worst contract in history but has the ability to be pretty good. I don't see it in him but I know a lot do.
Similarly that’s why I thought it would be a fascinating trade that would be a huge gamble for Brooklyn. Could be an amazing return or disastrous

Reactions: KJ
Damn just saw the Nets wanted KAT, Edwards and 4 picks from Minnesota for Durant. They seem to have a negotiation problem, naturally the Wolves said no thanks.

Shaq to open 50+ Big Chicken restaurants in Texas. Menu items include Uncle Jerome, a hot chicken sandwich named after his bodyguard and the Charles Barkley, a fried chicken sandwich loaded with mac and cheese, crispy fried onions and roasted garlic barbecue aioli

Won't lie I could see myself trying to eat that Charles Barkley sandwich. Sounds like a strange concept but delicious all in one

Back