NBA Finals San Antonio Spurs - Miami Heat Game 1 Discussion

1261_10151486909861309_1129225854_n.jpg

na na na na, na na na na.....hey hey hey....goooodddd byeeeeeee

who's gonna win the finals mvp? Tony or Timmy?

game 1 was the key, I said it...I meant it....we're gonna have TWO shots to win this thing...game 6 AND 7....I'll take those odds

if Spurs win its cuz of Tony...he will be MVP if they take title

he's the engine that drives that team

says Timmy lol....

most unselfish player in history..."i'm just riding his coat tails"

Duncan's +/- was +9 too....when he came in when they got down in the second quarter he brought them back single handed. He hit that buzzer beater to end the half that gave them a huge lift going into the locker room...that tip in was huge too...

tony's no turnovers and only 2 PF is one of those stats you just gotta see to believe....what a performance out of the Spurs two superstars....

I love this team

Btw, amazingly good job by the refs in Game 1.
One of the best jobs I have seen them this postseason, especially after that absolutely horrible series between Heat and Pacers, when refs made tons of bad calls against both teams...

Game could have gone either way, very evenly matched teams , maybe heat were a little tired in fourth.

i agree, the refs did a great job last night...

miami's lack of free throws in the 2h had nothing to do with the refs...

I forget, but how may shots did the Heat take in the paint? It was really low!

Spurs know they will attack the goal more, they will make better adjustments game 2. They know how dangerous this heat team can be and cannot take off any games.

Looking over stats, Spurs played like crap, 4 TO's is what won the game for them IMO. To think this team played bad and still won...Oh my, I think heat will/could be done in 5. Praying here of course!

Just waiting for heat to drop the next one, then the media attack and players will start calling out each other, especially Bosh saying he's a soft and needs to play like a 4 not a 2! LOL!

spurs can play better - lebron will need to be more aggressive on offensive side of the ball and it will not be an easy task guarding parker on the other side of the ball.......tp is magician with that ball.

the spurs played pretty awful and the heat cant play much better as a team.... but lebron HAS to start being more like mike and less like magic...

the spurs played pretty awful and the heat cant play much better as a team.... but lebron HAS to start being more like mike and less like magic...

Duncan needs to go at lebron in the paint when he's down there....duncan kept passing it off....i mean it's non-selfish and perhaps the percentage play...but get the guy in foul trouble damn....Duncan's just the least selfish player in history

The Spurs played awful???? What in the hell? They had 4 TURNOVERS. That outweighs any missed 3's and then some. They also committed no fouls all night and kept Miami out of transition almost entirely.

To say that they played an awful game is just 100% wrong

They played an incredible game considering they had been idle for close to 10 days, the only having 4 turnovers off such long rest is amazing. The no foul thing though is on the refs for sure.

Spurs did what they do, won a game without the wow factor. Heat can't afford to be inconsistent versus the most consistent team in the league.

Duncan needs to go at lebron in the paint when he's down there....duncan kept passing it off....i mean it's non-selfish and perhaps the percentage play...but get the guy in foul trouble damn....Duncan's just the least selfish player in history

Nah he just won't get the call

The Spurs played awful???? What in the hell? They had 4 TURNOVERS. That outweighs any missed 3's and then some. They also committed no fouls all night and kept Miami out of transition almost entirely.

To say that they played an awful game is just 100% wrong

yep, what I was thinking as well

spurs didn't play awful. They get a B for the game. Obviously turnovers they get an A+....offensively they get about a C....they missed a lot of open shots but there's a lot more to a game then that....

I think the sentiment behind the guy saying they played poorly is that their preparation was dummy proof. And that their turnovers were a product of their game plan and not their level of play. That may be true, but that's how they've continued to maintain that level of excellence over the past decade.

I think that Spurs played pretty bad first half and even the missed three pointers - 5 - 6 attempts of really open looks - all huge shots that could have tied the game or given them the lead, were all shots that Spurs won't usually miss.

As far as 4 turnovers only - it's amazing stat, but Heat hardly tried any pressure on the ball - amazing fact, especially since TP is the only good ball handler in the starting unit and Spurs already had great stretches without turnover.

On top of that, Spurs are one of the best teams in the league as far as turnovers go...

Back