NBA Finals Discussion thread

Divol, it's fairly obvious the Warriors were in their own way with the mental issues and the stage being too big for them. Blatt did a great job preparing his team the best he good with the personnel he had. Now it me all over. I don't see what he can do if the Warriors play like this again.

Are you people actually arguing which is worse, Oakland or Cleveland?

I'll settle this: both places are shit holes

The Warriors gotta do the same thing next game. Run and push the tempo and tire out this thin Cavs team. By the end of the 3Q and into the 4Q, Lebron should be on fumes. Got the home court back, can't give that up again.

-9 ?

That's a lot in what should be a tight game imo.

Taking the under, all 4 games have been under the total at the end of regulation.

Kerr's greatest moment wasn't just inserting Iggy for Bogut, it was sticking with it after going down 7-0 to start the game while giving up 2 buckets in the paint and 2 offensive rebounds.

That took guts to stick with it.

Curry played decoy for most of the game. He didn't even have to handle the ball as much with Iggy and Livingston playing so well. Barnes and Green should have their best games on Sunday I believe. Green still hasn't contributed like he should and he has a lot on the line

Livingston deserves more minutes. Move curry off the ball some. Go Livingston, curry, klay, Iggy and Lee and run em out of the gym

If I'm Kerr, I'm trying to play Livingston, Curry, Thompson, Green and Lee. Bogut has nothing to offer in this series. Livingston should take care of ball handling duties and not Curry.
It can be problematic to have both Iggy and Barnes on the bench, since both really can't play outside SF position, but it can solve a lot of problems for the Warriors imo.

Nailed.

Wow

[TABLE="class: tableOdds, width: 1180"]
<tbody id="oddsBody">[TR="class: row-odd"]
[TD="class: team"]6/14

8:10 PM

709 Cleveland Cavaliers
710 Golden State Warriors
[/TD]
[TD="class: bets"] 1334
[/TD]
[TD="class: pct"] 60%
40%
[/TD]
[TD="class: pct"] 70%
30%
[/TD]
[TD="class: pct"]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Curry played decoy for most of the game. He didn't even have to handle the ball as much with Iggy and Livingston playing so well. Barnes and Green should have their best games on Sunday I believe. Green still hasn't contributed like he should and he has a lot on the line

this to me was key

@SportsInsights: Following Game 1, Andre Iguodala was 80:1 to win #NBAFinals MVP but he's now the third favorite at 6:1.

Last night's game was fugly. Cavs look gassed. Hoping the extra day here restores a little vigor.

Lebron's post game interview was a bit selfish and completely silly. He thinks it's the same thing whether if the Warriors won both games at home and the cavs won both games at home.

Its not the same.

He compared this situation to when he took the cavs into Boston down 3-2. Yeah. Not the same thing. Sorry Lebron.

The guy goes by the monikers of Chosen One and King James. His narcissism is not breaking news. But he doesn't beat up women or carry guns around, so I'll give him a pass.

This First Take studio show is NOT a good representation of Cleveland. Plays like an infomercial. I've never watched this show before, is it always so shitty?

Q. I have a question for each of you. Andre, what was the my arm is broken thing about? And, Steph, what does Andre mean to this team?
ANDRE IGUODALA: It's more that goes into the game than people realize. Like not being able to sleep and get in your normal routine. You can't take naps. It's like everything, every emotion, every thought, like everything, physical, mental, psychological, everything is thrown into the game.
It's just so ‑‑ like my brain is like fried. But it's like we understand the commitment and sacrifice we have to make. So it was just a perfect opportunity to relax and enjoy the moment. As soon as you get back to the line and shoot the free throws, you're right back into just grinding, grinding, grinding, trying to get a win.

:rofl:

So what moves can Blatt make? He can't do that same thing again. Billups said Blatt should put Miller/jones on the floor and take JR off. Gotta make the 3s with Lebron getting doubled. That's the only realistic option Blatt has. And to put it bluntly it's a long shot. The tempo has shifted to the Warriors and it's very unlikely the cavs will be able to get it back in game 5..... Maybe in game 7 if the Warriors play nervous but not game 5.

Relax. GS had more pep in the step last night. Beast Bron and hit some shots, there's the recipe. And favorable refs so your head doesn't explode.

They had their way offensively inside , like tip said make some shots they will be fine. Playing small has its disadvantages

So what moves can Blatt make? He can't do that same thing again. Billups said Blatt should put Miller/jones on the floor and take JR off. Gotta make the 3s with Lebron getting doubled. That's the only realistic option Blatt has. And to put it bluntly it's a long shot. The tempo has shifted to the Warriors and it's very unlikely the cavs will be able to get it back in game 5..... Maybe in game 7 if the Warriors play nervous but not game 5.

LeBron said what he wants.
1) Start JR
2) Play bigger rotation.

I agree with the second thing, but can't agree with the first. That will leave Cleveland with zero fire power off the bench.
I would play Perk when Curry is out for 4 - 5 minutes and would play Miller for bigger minutes. Cleveland needs all the firepower they can get. Miller is crafty, he is a good shooter and he been around the league.
I wouldn't play Marion. He can't shoot and there is no point in playing him. Cleveland's problem is mainly on offense, not defense.

Relax. GS had more pep in the step last night. Beast Bron and hit some shots, there's the recipe. And favorable refs so your head doesn't explode.

You really think it's all about missed shots? It's about energy and players on the cavs being expected to play minutes that they have not played all season. How can you expect for the players to have their legs on their 3s in the 2h of games?

LeBron said what he wants.
1) Start JR
2) Play bigger rotation.

I agree with the second thing, but can't agree with the first. That will leave Cleveland with zero fire power off the bench.
I would play Perk when Curry is out for 4 - 5 minutes and would play Miller for bigger minutes. Cleveland needs all the firepower they can get. Miller is crafty, he is a good shooter and he been around the league.
I wouldn't play Marion. He can't shoot and there is no point in playing him. Cleveland's problem is mainly on offense, not defense.

Shooting 2-12 or 3-13 isn't firepower. JR is an absolute dumpster fire right now. He needs to play about, um, ZERO minutes a game.

I misunderstood what Lebron meant in his press conference. He said that going into Boston in game 6 of the 2012 conference finals was the biggest challenge of his career. No reason to bring that up other than a boost to his team

You really think it's all about missed shots? It's about energy and players on the cavs being expected to play minutes that they have not played all season. How can you expect for the players to have their legs on their 3s in the 2h of games?

True, but at same point this is easiest time of year for NBA Players...no b2b's...no 3 in 4's...no 5 in 7's...

Absolute cakewalk tbh

I cringe when Miller's on the floor, so I haven't had to cringe much. When was his last meaningful basket, 2012? I like when Perk's in there. Sharp elbows.

It's best of seven, not best of 47. Cavs will go as far as Lebron and a few other guys can take them. Then rest in July.

True, but at same point this is easiest time of year for NBA Players...no b2b's...no 3 in 4's...for 5 in 7's...

Absolute cakewalk tbh

Lol not sure if you're being serious

The 2 days off will definitely help but expecting Lebron to play 45 minutes again and actually be capable of keeping up with the onslaught that will come in the 4th quarter is a bit of a stretch after what we have seen this series.

Lol not sure if you're being serious

The 2 days off will definitely help but expecting Lebron to play 45 minutes again and actually be capable of keeping up with the onslaught that will come in the 4th quarter is a bit of a stretch after what we have seen this series.

I am being very serious.

I get that Lebron will get tired. He is carrying an entire team/city.

In general though, this is such an easy schedule for 2 months.

I'm also not sure how much Blatt needs to change things.
Curry still struggles a lot and Klay had few nice quarters, but not a big game yet.
Barnes, Green and Iggy gave probably their best game of the series, so GSW looked good. Are we sure they can repeat that?
One more day of rest for Cleveland and Bron is absolutely huge and can make a difference. Obviously, it's best of 7 games, so it's hard to risk and leave everything as is, with series tied 2 - 2, but it's something that Cleveland needs to consider.

Playoffs have much shorter lineups. Much more strain on a fewer number of players

The regular season games don't come close to being the same intensity and coaches are preparing more and more for those situations. It's like in baseball with pitchers. You can have a guy throw 110 pitches but they're "easy" innings. And you can have another guy pitch 90 tough pitches.

The playoffs are a completely different animal and it's on top of the regular season. And the players have more obligations when it comes to the media etc.

Back