NBA Discussion: Week of 2/6/17 thru All-Star Break

Clear lean to Cleveland to win. Boston is too close. Washington closing and no Love for 6 weeks

Let's be honest Tuck, Cavs will be the 1 or 2 seed regardless.

Cavs only need to win 1 of the next 2 games before the break to remain atop the conference during the league hiatus.

Do they go all out in Minnesota or beat up on PG13 tomorrow night at home.

Would figure this to be a bigger game for the Wolves. Cavs could be forgiven for a soft approach tonight.

The one thing keeping me off minnesota is the blowout win. The line seems fine to me. Nothing shady. Cavs were -6.5 to -7 last game. That was without love and they blew them out. Adjusted for the blowout and HFA the line seems fine.

Last edited:
For Thursday

Bulls in the second game back home from a 5+ RT

View attachment 42143

Really good Thursday home team as well. Boston is solid on b2b though and is playing a lot better than the bulls so it makes it tough. Boston will be playing in a tough schedule spot though

Let's be honest Tuck, Cavs will be the 1 or 2 seed regardless.

Cavs only need to win 1 of the next 2 games before the break to remain atop the conference during the league hiatus.

Do they go all out in Minnesota or beat up on PG13 tomorrow night at home.

Would figure this to be a bigger game for the Wolves. Cavs could be forgiven for a soft approach tonight.

I agree with both of you, I think Cleveland needs wins because Boston is one trade away from taking that #1 spot with Love out. I also believe they will make a move. On the other hand even if they didn't have home court they only need to win one on the road. Nobody is beating this club in seven games except the Warriors. It's a foregone conclusion that Cleveland gets to the finals. The only thing in question is how interesting can the other teams make it.

For Thursday

Bulls in the second game back home from a 5+ RT

View attachment 42143

Really good Thursday home team as well. Boston is solid on b2b though and is playing a lot better than the bulls so it makes it tough. Boston will be playing in a tough schedule spot though

Interesting that in 5 out of those 7 the opponent was on a B2B like the Celts tomorrow.

season =2016 and total>216 and line<5 and A and D

SU:17-13 (0.63, 56.7%)
ATS:19-10-1 (3.62, 65.5%) avg line: 3.0
O/U:17-12-1 (2.53, 58.6%) avg total: 220.1

Not betting this game but I think the LAL are the right side.
This say's I'm wrong.

Does anyone here know how I could run a query to see over/under results for a team's final game before the All-Star Break? Curious if there any trends inside something like that

[TABLE="class: tableOdds"]
<tbody id="oddsBody" style="outline: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">[TR="class: row-4"]
[TD="class: team"]703 Cleveland Cavaliers
704 Minnesota Timberwolves

[/TD]
[TD="class: pct, align: center"]83%
17%
[/TD]
[TD="class: pct, align: center"]70%
30%
[/TD]
[TD="class: pct, align: center"]75%
25%
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Does anyone here know how I could run a query to see over/under results for a team's final game before the All-Star Break? Curious if there any trends inside something like that

You have to put the dates in. If you want you could put the last two days before the ASB for as many years as you want. You will need to use OR in between each date and do the entire query again for each date. I would do it but I'm just using my phone this week. Kinda hard to do. First you need to look up the dates. If you can get me the dates of the final two days before the ASB for the past 6 seasons I can do it.

Love Phoenix and Atlanta tomorrow. Will be on the warriors too 1h and full. Rockets 1q either TT or ATS.

Warriors 38-10 ats under Kerr at home facing teams that won their last game.

Beat up on the Bulls in this spot last week, now they're in the same spot off a loss of their own against a Kings team that beat them 10 days ago.

Opening the line at 17 says a lot especially with the Kings off a hard fought road win last night. Think it's a giant blowout.

Klay questionable and the Kings have won and covered 4 in a row.

Line is honest.

good point. Love them today. The warriors are 0-5 ATS before the ASB last few years but that's because they were looking toward the break. Too many things in favor of a play on them to not play it

My friend figured out a much shorter way to do this.

team and (nn:rest>=6 or n:rest>=6) and BASB and season>=2014

I get that public perception of Orlando may be out of whack with the Ibaka trade yesterday, but doesn't 10.5 feel strong with how average the Spurs have looked so far on this rodeo trip?

Could have seen a 9 if they wanted more Spurs money.

Highly recommend any over props on Westbrook tonight.

Off an ugly loss where he didn't play massive minutes, last game before the break needing a win against a team that has ZERO perimeter/pg defense. Could be a 38/15/13 kind of night provided he gets enough minutes.

I think Denver opened too low at 5.5. I made it 7.5-8.5 myself given Minnesota's spot here. Denver's lineup a bit of a question mark though. Can Hernangomez keep his 'coming out party' going?

Would avoid teams on losing streaks just before the break, they rarely right the ship and get a win going in.

Locked in Suns -4 and warriors -17. Can't see those going down and I frankly don't care if anyone's out in those games. Lakeshow in semi poor spot. Gotta play it x

Would avoid teams on losing streaks just before the break, they rarely right the ship and get a win going in.

Yeah just like when a team has a bad half, the last minute they often just want to escape the half so they can regroup. Same principle applies right before the ASB

Suns 0-5 ATS Wednesdays
First2 wagers Warriors, Philadelphia
Philadelphia might actually be better then Warriors due to Positional features
Actually it may hit 3 units

Last edited:
[TABLE="class: frodds-data-tbl"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellTextNorm cellBorderL1"]02/16 7:05 PM
701 Washington
702 Indiana[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellTextNorm cellBorderL1 center_text nowrap, width: 56, align: center"]
-1 -10
217u-10
[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellTextNorm cellBorderL1 center_text nowrap, width: 56, align: center"]
-2 -10
216½u-10
[/TD]
-2 -10
216½u-10
[/TD]

[/TD]
-2 -10
216½u-10
[/TD]

[/TD]
-2 -10
216½u-10
[/TD]
-2 -10
[/TD]
-2½ -10
216½u-10
[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg1 cellBorderR1 betnow-picks center_text nowrap, align: center"]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: cellBorderR1 cellTextNorm game-notes, width: 751, bgcolor: #D6BD7B, colspan: 11"]TV: CSN-Mid-Atlantic, FS-Midwest, DTV: 642, 671
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellTextNorm cellBorderL1, width: 158"]02/16 8:00 PM
703 Boston
704 Chicago[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellTextNorm cellBorderL1 center_text nowrap, width: 56, align: center"]
-1½ -05
212u-10
[/TD]
[TD="class: viCellBg2 cellTextNorm cellBorderL1 center_text nowrap, width: 56, align: center"]
212u-10
-1 -10
[/TD]
-1 -10
212u-10
[/TD]

[/TD]
212u-10
[/TD]

[/TD]
212u-10
PK -10
[/TD]
-1 -10
[/TD]
212u-10
-1 -10
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Boston playing a road b2b and 6th in 9 against a team rested at home is a really tough spot. Also baked into the line as it's a hell of a lot shorter than the Bulls were against Toronto the other night. Seems like the books are very content siding with Chicago in this one.

Bulls amazing in Thursday home games and amazing in the second game back home from a long RT.

Celtics in a brutal spot schedule wise but is the better team playing much better basketball.

Banking on the Celtics not having their legs under them and missing their 3s....

tough call with wade out but i have to play it

The Celtics have never been in this schedule spot under Stevens

first time playing on 0 rest on the road after a 4+ RT & one home game

Close to a SUPER Situation, just one game short of being that way. They already did not get the cover last night. You guys should be good on Bulls tonight:shake2:

Back