• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

NBA Discussion Thread for Wednesday 12/13

I would be a little worried that at the end of a long trip the Suns 'B' team doesnt see alot of playing time...

Somewhat interested in Wiz & Under.. , Magic -9 if Bosh remains OUT & Under maybe , Heat could look attractive ut got into DD's.., CAvs -10.5 if Knight is still out as its a revenge spot here , NYK -7 , Bucks +7 , Port +6.5 , Wolves +9.5 , Under 202 Bulls & Chi -9.5.. SEA is thin Watson looks out.. , if I am stupid enough maybe LAC...home dominanted series and LAC off big home win now road chalk...

Good nite all

Anyone know the Wizards injury situations? Is Etan going to play? I like them playing extremely rested here... I think this is a very nice spot for them.

Inspekdah said:
Anyone know the Wizards injury situations? Is Etan going to play? I like them playing extremely rested here... I think this is a very nice spot for them.

Looks like Etan is probably OUT and Haywood didnt sound as if he was playing...so Calvin Booth it is..really I dont think it matters much....

Starting center Etan Thomas (sprained left ankle) and top reserve Brendan Haywood (bruised left thigh) both missed practice Monday after getting hurt in a 114-109 loss to the Houston Rockets on Saturday night.
Thomas was listed as doubtful for games Wednesday against Denver and Friday against Miami. Haywood was listed as day-to-day, though he didn't sound optimistic.
"Still got a lot of swelling in there, so hopefully it'll be gone by Wednesday. If it's gone, I'll play. If not, I'll have to sit it out," Haywood said.

Inspekdah said:
What do they do when he's tired hurt? Big game James Lang?

Booth weighs about 10 lbs soaking wet he shouldnt get tired...in all seriousness yeah James Lang and his 48 seconds of fame..

now I am hoing to bed...speak tou guys tmrw

mavs does look like the play. i can see the lakers playing similar to what they played against houston in the first half...strong, but not strong enough to last the whole game. i think they had an exceptional and very hard-working 3rd quarter (probably very fatiguing), had to keep battling in the 4th when they lost that big ass lead...so they gotta be a bit tired. my take is that dallas, especially with cuban and all his hate towards phil jackson + lakers, have this game circled and will come out firing. the only x factor is kobe having an amazing night. without odom, the rest of the team will have to step it up and i dont see them doing that on a back-to-back game with a team that really doesn't like us.

one of the lakers' weakness is good point guards that can drive and dish, and jason terry can certainly do that as well as hit the open three. plus, we have trouble defending the screen rolls and with dirk out there setting the picks, if he's hot, it can turn ugly.

with all that said i will contemplate this a bit more and would love to hear more input from u guys.

wow, liking that spurs vs. twolves over a lot....spurs have scored 111, 129, and 100 in the last 3 home games. minny has put up 90, 110, and 91 in their previous three games, the last one being the most recent @ chicago. i see this game being around 105-95. will probably play the over for a unit.

andresh99 said:
wow, liking that spurs vs. twolves over a lot....spurs have scored 111, 129, and 100 in the last 3 home games. minny has put up 90, 110, and 91 in their previous three games, the last one being the most recent @ chicago. i see this game being around 105-95. will probably play the over for a unit.
spurs are a over machine this year

Hi guys. Only short comments from me as I am at some shitty internet caffe :D.

I think I'm going for the Mavs tonight, the Lakers won last night but now without Odom and b2b I like the spot for Dirk and the guys. They do have considerable beef inside the paint with Bynum and Kwame Brown doing the job, but against Dallas this should be a different story, they have more depth than the Rockets who Lakers beat last night, and they have the ability to play on fast break, while Rockets choked more than a few times, plus their D was poor last night. 8,5 isn't the most tempting number ever but I am willing to put a few units on it.

4 units on Dallas (-8 ) 1.990 @ Pinny.

Also considering Portland to cover in Memphis, who are still without Gasol and more importantly, lacking any team chemistry. Portland aren't a great team but Memphis have just lost their trademark play they had last year under Fratello. 2 units. (Portland +6,5, 1.75 @ Pinny).

The over in San Antonio should come through if you ask me. 182.5 is a bit low, when we know that Spurs scored 111,129 and 100 in last 3, plus Minnesota have scored a bunch lately, this one should go over despite previous matches between the respective teams. 6 units on the over (182.5 @ Pinny).

I love Dallas today,I´ve been waiting for this game for a week.I think that Lakers record is way inflated.Actually this is first road b2b for Lakers and besides yesterday´s game at Houston Lakers have played just 4 games on the road (excluding LAC game) so far.And I think this is tough spot for Lakers playing second of b2b on the road both games against tough opponents.And I see Dallas to bounce back from demolition in Utah just like against NJ some days ago.Honestly I was expecting(looking for) line at 6.5 but Odom´s injury made me take it anyway at 7.5.

I would like to know your opinions about PHI/BOS total since Iam going to take under at anything above 185.Philly just can´t score w/o A.I. and Boston seems to come up with some defence no matter how ridiculously it may sound.I see Wally still on the bench today.Iam hoping for 190.

i especially like dallas beating on the lakers on b2b games. looks all the more enticing to me now that odom is out. dallas off an awful loss to the jazz shot only 37% fg and 15% from the 3 pt line. love the dallas pick here. GL to all.

Dallas game is now off at Pinnacle and seems to be off everywhere.Does anybody know why?Maybe books had awaken and saw Odom´s injury :)

Satyr said:
Hi guys. Only short comments from me as I am at some shitty internet caffe :D.

I think I'm going for the Mavs tonight, the Lakers won last night but now without Odom and b2b I like the spot for Dirk and the guys. They do have considerable beef inside the paint with Bynum and Kwame Brown doing the job, but against Dallas this should be a different story, they have more depth than the Rockets who Lakers beat last night, and they have the ability to play on fast break, while Rockets choked more than a few times, plus their D was poor last night. 8,5 isn't the most tempting number ever but I am willing to put a few units on it.

4 units on Dallas (-8 ) 1.990 @ Pinny.

Also considering Portland to cover in Memphis, who are still without Gasol and more importantly, lacking any team chemistry. Portland aren't a great team but Memphis have just lost their trademark play they had last year under Fratello. 2 units. (Portland +6,5, 1.75 @ Pinny).

The over in San Antonio should come through if you ask me. 182.5 is a bit low, when we know that Spurs scored 111,129 and 100 in last 3, plus Minnesota have scored a bunch lately, this one should go over despite previous matches between the respective teams. 6 units on the over (182.5 @ Pinny).

Whats up Satyr...

I have one disagreement with the Dallas play...with your comment about DAL bench being stronger then Hous..I disagree cause Stack & Croshere appear out of the equation...that leaves George and Anthony Johnson as the only ones with any O off the bench(which isnt sayin much)...Diop and Bruckner defensive types...

The unknown is LAL due to its laxed scheduling but I am wondering if this team is alot better then it gets credit for...there bench IMO is deep..very deep..think the line is fair but wondering outloud if Dallas isnt simply overrated at this point and LA underrated...if one of the Diggler , terry , Howard is off his game its seems likes it a tough task...but LA off win at home vs SA , and last nite in Hous is in a tough spot...BOL

Copied from a post earlier this year:

This is 1-1 for both dal ats and under this year (vs den, vs gds)

Dallas at home after a loss last year:

9-3 ats, 11-1 su, 10 under 2 over

Note the only 2 overs were early vs spurs that barely went over, and late season game vs utah.

Opponents avg in these games: 83.75
Only Utah and Phx reached 94 at Dallas with Mavs coming off a loss last year, and the Utah game was pretty meaningless. SPurs were only other to even get 90, 5 times Mavs held opponents under 80 in this spot last year. Take out the 2 Spurs games, Phx game and Utah game, and opp avg was 79.75!!!!

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR class=datarow><TD>04/16/06</TD><TD>Utah </TD><TD>W 111-95</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>W -6</TD><TD>O 190</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR class=datarow><TD>04/02/06</TD><TD>Denver </TD><TD>W 103-79</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>W -7</TD><TD>U 202.5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR class=datarow><TD>03/21/06</TD><TD>Houston </TD><TD>W 88-72</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>W -11.5</TD><TD>U 178</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR class=datarow><TD>03/14/06</TD><TD>Cleveland </TD><TD>W 91-87</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>L -7.5</TD><TD>U 185</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR class=datarow><TD>03/07/06</TD><TD>Portland </TD><TD>W 93-87</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>L -15</TD><TD>U 190</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR class=datarow><TD>03/03/06</TD><TD>Charlotte </TD><TD>W 90-76</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>W -11.5</TD><TD>U 198.5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR class=datarow><TD>02/13/06</TD><TD>New York </TD><TD>W 100-72</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>W -15.5</TD><TD>U 194.5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR class=datarow><TD>01/14/06</TD><TD>New Jersey </TD><TD>W 110-77</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>W -8</TD><TD>U 191</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR class=datarow><TD>12/14/05</TD><TD>Phoenix </TD><TD>W 102-96</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>W -4</TD><TD>U 205</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR class=datarow><TD>12/03/05</TD><TD>New Orleans </TD><TD>W 97-88</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>L -10.5</TD><TD>U 188</TD></TR><TR class=datarow><TD>12/01/05</TD><TD>San Antonio </TD><TD>L 90-92</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>W 2.5</TD><TD>U 187</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR class=datarow><TD>11/05/05</TD><TD>San Antonio </TD><TD>W 103-84</TD><TD>Regular Season</TD><TD>W 2.5</TD><TD>O 185</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Depending on how my other plays go tonight, I might put a unit on the Mavs/Lakers game. My early lean is towards taking the points with LA. I feel as though Kobe will step up huge the first game without Odom. I can see both ways but the points are very appealing right now.

Back