NBA Discussion Thread for Tuesday and in General

The only play I like so far is Miami. The only thing I'm puzzled about a bit, is the line movement, since it opened at 5. The Raps are a tough fade right now as they can explode once more and keep this one tight or they can be up for a letdown, who knows.

SA should win by 20 but how can you lay 14 with serious money, backdoor cover written all over it, I could see it, I have 10 units on it and the damn scrubs like Gelabale scored a couple of 3 pointers to fuck me up. Nah, not up for it.

However I do like the team total, I think scourge has mentioned it. Should be a good play, I reckon over 104

Looking at Denver +3, but probably no play.

That's it from me, looking at the Heat hard so far.

I just do not like how the Spurs match up with this team. Spurs are liable to fall asleep for short periods, particularly their offense. This is death vs. Phoenix. I expect a 12-2 run by Phoenix in the 2H to change the whole game. Suns have too much for that team, Amare should go wild. I'm not buying the Spurs' chances AT ALL these playoffs.

I don't think Amare can win it on his own, the thing with the Suns is, they need scoring contributions from ALL their guys, if Marion or Barbosa are limited to let's say 6 or 7 points (which we've seen before, esp with Marion in the playoffs 2 years ago), they're done.

Spurs can disrupt Phoenix's rhythm, same as Dallas. What now all of a sudden the Mavs are a cold team?

So they lost a few games to Phoenix this season, I still think they beat them in the playoffs.

No lines yet on the Pistons/Pacers, maybe a play here on the Pacers?

I like Indy a little. Its a tough spot after a HUGE Spurs win. But if the # is right, possibly. It's gonna be hard to lock in the best # here though b/c O'neal probably won't be announced til gametime like always.

I don't think Amare can win it on his own, the thing with the Suns is, they need scoring contributions from ALL their guys, if Marion or Barbosa are limited to let's say 6 or 7 points (which we've seen before, esp with Marion in the playoffs 2 years ago), they're done.

Spurs can disrupt Phoenix's rhythm, same as Dallas. What now all of a sudden the Mavs are a cold team?

So they lost a few games to Phoenix this season, I still think they beat them in the playoffs.

Really curious what you think this line will be? Phx will probably get over-valued after beating Dallas.

Really curious what you think this line will be? Phx will probably get over-valued after beating Dallas.

to tell you the truth I'm puzzled about this one as well...

Two powerhouse teams clashing, Spurs at home, Phoenix getting slightly too much respect, I'd say -4.5

satyr believe is talking bout the spurs suns game on THURS

yeah I got it, I know they're playing the Suns, I was just reacting on Killa's remark of not liking SA chances in the playoffs, and since we'll probably see a Spurs-Phx clash there...

theres no let down game for Pacers they need every W they can get plus they hate the Pistons JO should play i think

to tell you the truth I'm puzzled about this one as well...

Two powerhouse teams clashing, Spurs at home, Phoenix getting slightly too much respect, I'd say -4.5

I'd say a tad lower. Who the hell can lay points vs. the Suns?

Indy is dead fellas. They have no chance. If they fielded this team from start of year they would be having a better chance for ODEN/DURANT than 8th seed.

Indy set themselves back 5-8 years dealing for these two knuckleheads. All that money tied up. Now, they had to for P.R. point of view but they got fifty cents on the doller in that trade.

<table class="datatable" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="cell1"><td>04/03</td><td>7:05 PM</td><td>vs DETROIT</td></tr><tr class="cell2"><td>04/06</td><td>7:05 PM</td><td>at CHARLOTTE</td></tr><tr class="cell1"><td>04/07</td><td>7:05 PM</td><td>vs BOSTON</td></tr><tr class="cell2"><td>04/10</td><td>7:05 PM</td><td>at PHILADELPHIA</td></tr><tr class="cell1"><td>04/11</td><td>8:05 PM</td><td>at MILWAUKEE</td></tr><tr class="cell2"><td>04/13</td><td>8:05 PM</td><td>at MIAMI</td></tr><tr class="cell1"><td>04/15</td><td>3:30 PM</td><td>vs NEW JERSEY</td></tr></tbody></table>

Indy is dead fellas. They have no chance. If they fielded this team from start of year they would be having a better chance for ODEN/DURANT than 8th seed.
no shit i knew they was out when they was sitting at the 6th seed 3weeks ago when i was rootin for the nicks i was just hoping for magic and nets Ls i knew those bitches pacers would fold

You're probably right Killa, it should be 4 if you ask me, but we'll see.

Anyways, Indiana are dead, guys. They lost their chances after losing to the Bulls in that tight game, in my book they were done back then.

my nicks gotta go 7-2 i say with 2 Ws against the Nets for the 8th seed i think Magic gets the 7th seed

<TABLE class=datatable cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=cell1><TD>04/03</TD><TD>7:05 PM</TD><TD>vs DETROIT</TD></TR><TR class=cell2><TD>04/06</TD><TD>7:05 PM</TD><TD>at CHARLOTTE</TD></TR><TR class=cell1><TD>04/07</TD><TD>7:05 PM</TD><TD>vs BOSTON</TD></TR><TR class=cell2><TD>04/10</TD><TD>7:05 PM</TD><TD>at PHILADELPHIA</TD></TR><TR class=cell1><TD>04/11</TD><TD>8:05 PM</TD><TD>at MILWAUKEE</TD></TR><TR class=cell2><TD>04/13</TD><TD>8:05 PM</TD><TD>at MIAMI</TD></TR><TR class=cell1><TD>04/15</TD><TD>3:30 PM</TD><TD>vs NEW JERSEY</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

3 sure losses(unless NJ has nothing to play for in lst game). They will lose at least one of those three on road.

Now, if this team was playing any type of inspiring ball their schedule would set up nice for a late run. Don;t let that Spurs game fool yas.

<table class="datatable" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="cell1"><td>04/03</td><td>7:05 PM</td><td>vs DETROIT</td></tr><tr class="cell2"><td>04/06</td><td>7:05 PM</td><td>at CHARLOTTE</td></tr><tr class="cell1"><td>04/07</td><td>7:05 PM</td><td>vs BOSTON</td></tr><tr class="cell2"><td>04/10</td><td>7:05 PM</td><td>at PHILADELPHIA</td></tr><tr class="cell1"><td>04/11</td><td>8:05 PM</td><td>at MILWAUKEE</td></tr><tr class="cell2"><td>04/13</td><td>8:05 PM</td><td>at MIAMI</td></tr><tr class="cell1"><td>04/15</td><td>3:30 PM</td><td>vs NEW JERSEY</td></tr></tbody></table>

they win 2 or 3 games here, not more :D

A little tidbit on the Pacers, they have incentive to tank the end of the season .. they traded their 1st round pick to the Hawks in the Al Harrington trade, but it is top 10 protected, so like the Hawks tanking for top 3 to save their pick from the Suns, the Pacers have an incentive to be in the top 10

if i see detroit at -4 or less im betting detroit. ben gordon stuck the dagger in indy like i thought. however, this pacers win over the spurs has some of you back on them ... i think thats a no-no.

EXCELLENT point ATL bandwagon

Kinda like we here in DET wish ORL would miss playoffs and get a lottery pick..they have top 3 protected though..

A little tidbit on the Pacers, they have incentive to tank the end of the season .. they traded their 1st round pick to the Hawks in the Al Harrington trade, but it is top 10 protected, so like the Hawks tanking for top 3 to save their pick from the Suns, the Pacers have an incentive to be in the top 10

Indy: 32-41

8th seed Orlando: 34-40

Do you know how much more revenue Indy will bring in this year if they make the playoffs? They are getting in!

i rather see Indy in the playoffs than Orlando especially a Indiana-Detriot 1st round !

whats your reasoning

Sixers are so undervalued right now. They are playing solid ball. And down this stretch is a great chance to build for next year. With 3 1st round draft picks, guys WILL be leaving after this year. Players are essentially playing for roster spots and/or time next year. They definately cover vs. NYK. I say they win b/c they are the better team IMO.

Indiana is right there...but they are not...thats all I am saying..

They are in shambles...

They hgave traded awaqy some really good players due to on/off court issues. Tinsley would be gone too but no one would take him and his salary. They are paying two guys who can't play a lick of defense or play EC basketball a shitload of money. Attendance is as low as its been in maybe 15 years.

This is not a team that I would count on.

Indy: 32-41

8th seed Orlando: 34-40

Do you know how much more revenue Indy will bring in this year if they make the playoffs? They are getting in!

I wasn't really mentioning it for the Detroit game, but once they lose to Detroit they're 2 back with 6 to go, four of which on the road.. it will come into play at some point. Jermaine O'neal has to sit out the rest of the season with a mysterious injury?? They're in no mans land. They might be a good bet tomorrow because it is basically their entire season.

Lets remember fellas that YOUR Indiana Pacers IMPROVED to 3-17 their last 20 games SU

I guess thats good enough in the Eastern Conference..;)

Oneal is gone for the season????? Is that confirmed?

Also, his inury his not mysterious. He's had cronic problems for a few years now. I believe it is his knee. I dunno if they will beat Det, or make the playoffs. But, what Im saying is this team won't tank the season, like the Millw Bucks will.

Lets remember fellas that YOUR Indiana Pacers IMPROVED to 3-17 their last 20 games SU

I guess thats good enough in the Eastern Conference..;)

Also a good point, haha. I don't think it would be smart to bet on the Pistons though just because this is it for the Pacers

Oneal is gone for the season????? Is that confirmed?

Also, his inury his not mysterious. He's had cronic problems for a few years now. I believe it is his knee. I dunno if they will beat Det, or make the playoffs. But, what Im saying is this team won't tank the season, like the Millw Bucks will.

Whoa whoa, I was saying they're gonna shut him down to tank, I was just forcasting .. I apologize for the heart attack

Sixers are so undervalued right now. They are playing solid ball. And down this stretch is a great chance to build for next year. With 3 1st round draft picks, guys WILL be leaving after this year. Players are essentially playing for roster spots and/or time next year. They definately cover vs. NYK. I say they win b/c they are the better team IMO.
our backcourt is too quick for them and Curry should do his thing if the effort is there like the last 2 games we win this one but if Sixers are getting 7 points like @ NJ thats a decent bet

Back