NBA Basketball... Playoffs...

Last person on the planet I want saying they think Miami wins is the legend Big Al Reno. But, nobody is perfect

I still think Celtics win in 3

Obviously playing live.

Last night was awesome, obviously plus added some NHL to it.

Let's see what we get here...

Yep
Didn’t even watch it after mid first
Too busy losing money in NHL

The deeper playoffs have gotten the less I’ve watched, I can’t believe ratings up none these games been worth a damn! one team shows up and the other doesn’t basically every game. Average margin of victory been like 15! Lol

Been a pretty good week, hit live under at 181.5 last night and got some on Boston (not enough for my liking tho as I was limited in time and started betting during that run).

I think GSW finishes things off.

Obviously if Dallas gets hot from 3 again, things can be interesting.

I'd advise a spread and possible live plays on Golden State.

Been a pretty good week, hit live under at 181.5 last night and got some on Boston (not enough for my liking tho as I was limited in time and started betting during that run).

I think GSW finishes things off.

Obviously if Dallas gets hot from 3 again, things can be interesting.

I'd advise a spread and possible live plays on Golden State.
The legend has spoken,

And therefore I'll layoff my Mavs lean

Listen old man.

My mother even called me 41 today instead of 42...
I just say 50 so I don't have to remember which one it is anymore when someone asks

Fuck em if they judge

(it's actually throwing out feelers for when the day does come)

Jimmy obviously is done, unfortunate as they had a chance in this series. Boston playing great defense the last few games and getting hot when they need to.

Should be a coronation tonight...

Well, up 2-1 with two dominating wins and their best player gets hurt.

Just saying...

you cant use logic or reason with fans, lol..this series would have def gone 7 if heat were healthy, then who knows? not like Boston played great last game as they pretty much stink it up every other game the last 2 rounds, Heat were just so awful it didnt matter.

Looking forward to your thoughts. Way too much talent on both sides of the ball for this series not to go 6 games or 7 games. I’m not buying that Boston is gassed. That being said, I think their lack of depth is the only thing that can stand in the way of them winning a championship. I think it might be their time.

Looking forward to your thoughts. Way too much talent on both sides of the ball for this series not to go 6 games or 7 games. I’m not buying that Boston is gassed. That being said, I think their lack of depth is the only thing that can stand in the way of them winning a championship. I think it might be their time.
I had a hard time justifying the Pistons sweeping the Lakers but could finally come up with a reason

Boston winning this would be much more inexplicable

I'll have some NBA finals thoughts tonight.

Hopefully we get 6-7 great games after this last month of weirdness.
The style of play would have to change from a 3pt shooting contest to team basketball. More midrange to paint offense.
The current brand is not fun to watch.

The style of play would have to change from a 3pt shooting contest to team basketball. More midrange to paint offense.
The current brand is not fun to watch.
Warriors are more that style than anyone.

They might get hot from 3 but their offense isn't based upon that.

Will bet live tonight.

Lean Dubs and over fwiw.

I think the Celtics are deep

Sorry missed this post earlier...

Thoughts commencing now...

Okay, we have one game in the books...

First of all, that game went really well for me financially. A bit of luck and a bit of a feel...I feel good about that.

I think everyone doesn't realize what they witnessed in real time tonight. That was absolutely nuts. We have seen Boston go on these runs before. The three point barrage was similar to G2 at Miami from the mid 1st till the mid 2nd. That is simply unstoppable.

As I said in the in-game, three main things happened here to switch this from an east Warriors victory to an east Celtics victory...

1. This stretch here with under 2 left in the 3rd.

:55
i
Jaylen Brown bad pass (Andrew Wiggins steals)7287
1:49
i
Stephen Curry misses 27-foot step back jumpshot7287
1:47
i
Grant Williams defensive rebound7287
1:40
i
Jayson Tatum misses 26-foot three point jumper7287
1:38
i
Jordan Poole defensive rebound7287
1:35
i
Jordan Poole lost ball turnover (Jayson Tatum steals)7287
1:31
i
Jaylen Brown makes layup (Jayson Tatum assists)7487
1:07
i
Stephen Curry misses 13-foot jumper7487
1:04
i
Jayson Tatum defensive rebound7487
i
Andrew Wiggins shooting foul7487
i
Derrick White makes free throw 1 of 27587
i
Klay Thompson enters the game for Andrew Wiggins7587
i
Payton Pritchard enters the game for Jayson Tatum7587
i
Derrick White makes free throw 2 of 27687

You could feel this being over if that Steph 3 goes in. Then, they had the ball again and Poole with a silly turnover. Boston got the bunny and some FT's to keep the margin at a respectable number. The teams traded a few more scores at the end of the period.

2. What the heck was that Golden State lineup to start the 4th??

Otto Porter
Klay Thompson
Jordan Poole
Andre Igadoula

Iggy hasn't played since the Denver series. Yes, he had spelled Chef late 3rd and hit a rainbow 3 but he isn't a threat on offense. Otto also has been hurt and despite a great 1H he still is only a guy you want as option 4 at best on the floor. Obviously JP and Klay can score but they will get extra attention with this lineup.

Predictably, there were a few awful offensive possessions to start the quarter. By the time Curry re-enters at the 9:35 mark we see a 7-0 Boston run. Now, I am not advocating for playing Curry 48 minutes. I simply think this was a lazy lineup thrown out there by Kerr.

3. From the 101-87 mark, 3 Celtics role players made SIX threes to take control of the game. This was just an unreal moment and fun to watch as a fan.

That is really it.

Now, lets talk Tatum... as @big_units said... he has these types of awful shooting games at times. Yeah, he is a helluva player and more times than not is a top 5-8 guy out there. Tonight, he did very little well and certainly wasn't helping his team in many other ways. That will change, no doubt, but we also won't be seeing the team shoot 9-12 on threes in the 4th from mostly role players as we move forward. You can ponder how this game looks if he is hitting shots, but then everything else is affected making that a moot point.

Okay, lets look at Golden State. This club moved the ball damn well for most of the 1st half and then a lot of the 3rd. This returned briefly in the 4th but stalled out badly as the Celtics made their run. Boston played their BEST defense in the last 5-6 minutes of each half. Can they do that consistently? We shall see.

What did I learn tonight? Both teams can score versus the other. Boston made good adjustments on defense twice. The Warriors made good adjustments as well for a patented 3rd quarter at home. There were definitely some things tonight that should get back to level next game...

-Tatum will be better
-Draymond will not shoot 2 of 12
-Marcus Smart will miss more than he makes next game (unlike tonight)
-Boston will not have as many role guys hot at once
-Steph isn't cracking 6 three's to open the game again.

Line shifted in predictable ways for Sunday night (4.5 and 215).

Obviously this is a must win for Golden State. The umps for Game 2 will be interesting as always...

The G1 total moved up like 3.5/4 points prior to tip and now we see another increase. I think we can get another live under in the books(or even pregame). Lets focus on two parts here...

Threes:

36.2 vs 37.9 is the playoff three-point percentage for these teams.

In game one, they shot 51.2 vs 42.2...

An average game percentage-wise on the same # of attempts is 27 less points. Just take that into account with capping.

On the other hand there was 31 total Free Throws with these two teams and 29 total fouls. That will increase almost assuredly.

Find yourself somewhere in the middle there and I think we get a projection just a bit under the posted total...

One last thought...

When is Boston vulnerable?

-That point of every game where they stop moving the ball and play one-on-one.

When is Golden State vulnerable?

-When they refuse to stomp a team when it is down. They get way too cute more often than not.

I still think we have a great series coming up. Most teams will be shell-shocked but the Dubs have been here so much that I think they will be okay. Does this mean they win on Sunday? No. I do think, as of now, they will get the win. I have no interest in a pre-game bet right now. Boston is so streaky they could come out full of confidence and make this GS team a bit nervous. Now, does Boston learn their lesson after the hot G2 in Miami and subsequent letdown? We shall see....

Sit back and enjoy... gonna be a fun series...

Tatum did rack up a lot of assists, including 4 big ones in the 4th. I don't want to dog him too much. He wasn't good but finally stopped shooting and contributed late.

Okay, we have one game in the books...

First of all, that game went really well for me financially. A bit of luck and a bit of a feel...I feel good about that.

I think everyone doesn't realize what they witnessed in real time tonight. That was absolutely nuts. We have seen Boston go on these runs before. The three point barrage was similar to G2 at Miami from the mid 1st till the mid 2nd. That is simply unstoppable.

As I said in the in-game, three main things happened here to switch this from an east Warriors victory to an east Celtics victory...

1. This stretch here with under 2 left in the 3rd.

:55
i
Jaylen Brown bad pass (Andrew Wiggins steals)7287
1:49
i
Stephen Curry misses 27-foot step back jumpshot7287
1:47
i
Grant Williams defensive rebound7287
1:40
i
Jayson Tatum misses 26-foot three point jumper7287
1:38
i
Jordan Poole defensive rebound7287
1:35
i
Jordan Poole lost ball turnover (Jayson Tatum steals)7287
1:31
i
Jaylen Brown makes layup (Jayson Tatum assists)7487
1:07
i
Stephen Curry misses 13-foot jumper7487
1:04
i
Jayson Tatum defensive rebound7487
i
Andrew Wiggins shooting foul7487
i
Derrick White makes free throw 1 of 27587
i
Klay Thompson enters the game for Andrew Wiggins7587
i
Payton Pritchard enters the game for Jayson Tatum7587
i
Derrick White makes free throw 2 of 27687

You could feel this being over if that Steph 3 goes in. Then, they had the ball again and Poole with a silly turnover. Boston got the bunny and some FT's to keep the margin at a respectable number. The teams traded a few more scores at the end of the period.

2. What the heck was that Golden State lineup to start the 4th??

Otto Porter
Klay Thompson
Jordan Poole
Andre Igadoula

Iggy hasn't played since the Denver series. Yes, he had spelled Chef late 3rd and hit a rainbow 3 but he isn't a threat on offense. Otto also has been hurt and despite a great 1H he still is only a guy you want as option 4 at best on the floor. Obviously JP and Klay can score but they will get extra attention with this lineup.

Predictably, there were a few awful offensive possessions to start the quarter. By the time Curry re-enters at the 9:35 mark we see a 7-0 Boston run. Now, I am not advocating for playing Curry 48 minutes. I simply think this was a lazy lineup thrown out there by Kerr.

3. From the 101-87 mark, 3 Celtics role players made SIX threes to take control of the game. This was just an unreal moment and fun to watch as a fan.

That is really it.

Now, lets talk Tatum... as @big_units said... he has these types of awful shooting games at times. Yeah, he is a helluva player and more times than not is a top 5-8 guy out there. Tonight, he did very little well and certainly wasn't helping his team in many other ways. That will change, no doubt, but we also won't be seeing the team shoot 9-12 on threes in the 4th from mostly role players as we move forward. You can ponder how this game looks if he is hitting shots, but then everything else is affected making that a moot point.

Okay, lets look at Golden State. This club moved the ball damn well for most of the 1st half and then a lot of the 3rd. This returned briefly in the 4th but stalled out badly as the Celtics made their run. Boston played their BEST defense in the last 5-6 minutes of each half. Can they do that consistently? We shall see.

What did I learn tonight? Both teams can score versus the other. Boston made good adjustments on defense twice. The Warriors made good adjustments as well for a patented 3rd quarter at home. There were definitely some things tonight that should get back to level next game...

-Tatum will be better
-Draymond will not shoot 2 of 12
-Marcus Smart will miss more than he makes next game (unlike tonight)
-Boston will not have as many role guys hot at once
-Steph isn't cracking 6 three's to open the game again.

Line shifted in predictable ways for Sunday night (4.5 and 215).

Obviously this is a must win for Golden State. The umps for Game 2 will be interesting as always...

The G1 total moved up like 3.5/4 points prior to tip and now we see another increase. I think we can get another live under in the books(or even pregame). Lets focus on two parts here...

Threes:

36.2 vs 37.9 is the playoff three-point percentage for these teams.

In game one, they shot 51.2 vs 42.2...

An average game percentage-wise on the same # of attempts is 27 less points. Just take that into account with capping.

On the other hand there was 31 total Free Throws with these two teams and 29 total fouls. That will increase almost assuredly.

Find yourself somewhere in the middle there and I think we get a projection just a bit under the posted total...

One last thought...

When is Boston vulnerable?

-That point of every game where they stop moving the ball and play one-on-one.

When is Golden State vulnerable?

-When they refuse to stomp a team when it is down. They get way too cute more often than not.

I still think we have a great series coming up. Most teams will be shell-shocked but the Dubs have been here so much that I think they will be okay. Does this mean they win on Sunday? No. I do think, as of now, they will get the win. I have no interest in a pre-game bet right now. Boston is so streaky they could come out full of confidence and make this GS team a bit nervous. Now, does Boston learn their lesson after the hot G2 in Miami and subsequent letdown? We shall see....

Sit back and enjoy... gonna be a fun series...
YT-Durk-e1529690906411-749x561.jpg

Back