NBA 2012/2013 Trade-Deadline News/Rumors

I honestly feel Josh Smith is a steal right now. The Atlanta Hawks franchise is a joke when it comes to player development and leadership given to players. Any team with veteran players could change jsmooves ways and a change of scenery will do wonders for him.
any team that gives him a max deal needs their head examined...he's an ok role guy......it's in no way a max guy

Offensively, yes. But he can be an elite defender and shot blocker. Also a very good passer. Tough to get those things out of a point forward with that kind of size. I couldn't give him max but close to it. He's been the best player on a Hawks team that has been around 50 wins a year. I agree with nbafan that if he's surrounded by true veterans and put into an offense to succeed.. He will thrive.

My gut is that Jeff Green, Bradley, Fab might get it done. Jeff Green would fill in well for Smooth.

any team that gives him a max deal needs their head examined...he's an ok role guy......it's in no way a max guy

a role guy? are you smoking something? i want some

josh smith needs direction, he needs teammates that get on him for making stupid decisions and taking stupid shots

he's been on the trading block every season for like 4 years and that takes a toll on a player imo. I know its all part of the business but the hawks are a very poorly run team and frankly no one gives a damn including the fans

he's not a first option on a team that's going to amount to a pinch of shit...that's what a max guy should be...ala eric gordon, amare, griffin, hibbert, joe johnson etc..all awful contracts

You basically have to pair another max guy with him ..you can't build around im

i think he's a very good player on both ends of the court, idc about money at all and neither do some owners

Sources tell Rotoworld that the Kings are open to moving Tyreke Evans and Aaron Brooks.

This isn't too surprising given the state of affairs in Sacramento, as they recently traded No. 5 overall pick Thomas Robinson in a salary dump for a modest, or as some would say awful return of Patrick Patterson and spare parts. Brooks was widely known to be on the block, but news of Evans' availability is new. We'll let you know more as the story develops. Marc Stein adds that Boston is revisiting old talks about Evans, and sources tell us Utah might also emerge in talks. Jason Jones just updated that Evans will not be dealt, but it's early.

josh smith needs direction, he needs teammates that get on him for making stupid decisions and taking stupid shots

he's been on the trading block every season for like 4 years and that takes a toll on a player imo. I know its all part of the business but the hawks are a very poorly run team and frankly no one gives a damn including the fans

LOL.
all the shit you said about Smith and you think he is a max contract guy? Josh Smith gets a max contract and he will set that franchise back 5 years.
I have watched him play enough to know he is lazy, does not play hard all times

I just looked at his career best yr was 18ppg, 7.5 boards.. unreal
fucking clarence weatherspoon put up better numbers in his prime with philly back in the day lol
would u give spoon a max deal too?

You can laugh all you want. You can analyze the numbers all you want. I've seen how good jsmoove can be. He is not a role player by any stretch. When Josh Smith is engaged and is in the game, there are not many other players better than him at his position. Obviously its a risk because of his history. But that risk is well worth the reward. He is a great athlete that needs to change his habits of taking long jumpers. He is 27 years old and his best years are coming up.

so why isnt he "engaged" all the time?

fuck no the risk is not worth the reward, he is not a max contract guy!

u gunna max pay him to drop 18-8 per game? thats all his history says about him.

and stop calling him jsmoove, thats lamer than buying marc anthony tix

Josh Smith now says he never asked for a max contract.

Smith spoke to the media following Thursday's practice and refuted earlier reports that he'll be seeking a five-year, $94 million deal this summer. "I never asked for the max. Those words never came out of my mouth," he said, thus making himself slightly more appealing to potential suitors. Smith also went on to say that he has no problem playing out the season in Atlanta and would be willing to re-sign with the Hawks as a free agent. His fate remains unclear with the trade deadline just 90 minutes away.

but really i dont see all the fuss about the max contract... teams figure out ways to pay, its not like there is a hard salary cap

players are and will continue to be paid more than most people think they are worth, its just how it is

Jordan Crawford will be traded to the Celtics, according to David Aldridge.

The Celtics are looking for backcourt help with Leandro Barbosa (knee) now done for the season, so Crawford will bring exactly that. The sight of Kevin Garnett and Crawford in practice together will be something special, but it's uncertain how Crawford will fit into the Celtics rotation upon joining the team.

The Heat have reportedly traded Dexter Pittman and a second-round draft pick to the Grizzlies, in exchange for a trade exception.

Why Congrats?
he is nothing special.
has one of the ugliest jump shots in the league
what.type of rumors were involving him?

Why Congrats?
he is nothing special.
has one of the ugliest jump shots in the league
what.type of rumors were involving him?

I'm talking about Evan turner

@MikeAScotto: NBA NEWS: Sources confirm the Atlanta Hawks have traded Anthony Morrow to the Dallas Mavericks for Dahntay Jones.

Back