***National Championship--Clemson vs Alabama--Discussion***

Dabo and Clemson deserved it over Saban and Bama this time. Congrats to them for out coaching and outplaying Alabama.

:popcorn:<iframe src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=17802173&endcard=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Took under first half. If the game gets to the total, I just think it comes from desperation or head hanging and not normal play. Maybe a special teams return when legs are tired second half. But I don't think we see either team going up and down the field on the other, particularly early. I do have some concern that Bama has some first quarter success if they are doing anything different at all with Sark calling plays.... but they are not making any scheme changes, just play calling changes. Just no way to implement scheme changes at this point. Hoping plays get in a little slower for Bama early too .... maybe sark will have to repeat the play because his speech is slurred. My other fear is Watson being aggressive. That can hurt the total both directions. But I like the two defensive lines to make it hard to have any consistency for either offense. And Washington just gave a blue print to Clemson .. make Hurts beat you with his arm....

should be a good game which I will probably miss.

Solid bet and spot on.

Dude that designed the Clemson 'ship hats...
article-2257209-16C051F1000005DC-920_634x822.jpg

2009 Gator Bowl was Dabo's first bowl game. Who would have guessed that both coaches would play for a national title 8 years later?

Bama fans were absolute class again tonight. I cannot believe that Clemson are National Champions. Hope we get to do the damn tiebreaker next year

Bama fans were absolute class again tonight. I cannot believe that Clemson are National Champions. Hope we get to do the damn tiebreaker next year

Congrats to you and your team Dwight. Hope you enjoyed yourself. Great game and what an effort by Clemson. Much deserved. If you had told me we had zero turnovers, I'd say we win comfortably. Watson and Williams are special players. And if I never see Renfrow again, it'll be too soon. Glad y'all were treated well down there by our group. You never know with our fans

what would the line be if they played again next week, assuming same health of players coming into the game last night? Clem would be favored, right?

what would the line be if they played again next week, assuming same health of players coming into the game last night? Clem would be favored, right?

I think PR #s would be pretty even, but have to think the books would have Alabama favored around a FG. Seems that would be the number that wouldn't leave them too exposed on either side. But I am not a linesmaker so what do I know?

3 pre-snap penalties on 1st downs hurt bad too. All 3 led to 3 and outs I believe. 2 of those drives were after Clemson's turnovers.

Surprised nobody is talking about if Renfrow would have dropped or bobbled the ball, time runs out. Game over, lose by 3.

I would have ran a quick play, and not a roll out to make sure time doesn't expire on the play so you can kick the FG and go to OT just in cause it's incomplete or stopped before the goal line

Surprised nobody is talking about if Renfrow would have dropped or bobbled the ball, time runs out. Game over, lose by 3.

I would have ran a quick play, and not a roll out to make sure time doesn't expire on the play so you can kick the FG and go to OT just in cause it's incomplete or stopped before the goal line

Did they run a two second play at the end .. someone said they did .... that is pretty hard to do.

Wonder if Alabama should have just tackled every offensive player as soon as the ball was snapped for the last play? Get PI, half the distance, but time runs off and Clemson has to kick FG instead?

Wonder if Alabama should have just tackled every offensive player as soon as the ball was snapped for the last play? Get PI, half the distance, but time runs off and Clemson has to kick FG instead?

Yes, but I'm glad they didn't. Not a fan of such.

Back