My Pick to win the 2017/18 Champions League

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Some quick teams I considered

Real Madrid +400 - Too low of odds for a 9 month bet and I don't think they win it 3 years in a row.

Bayern Munich + 650 - I think this team should be more like +1500. These odds are too low and despite adding James they still aren't good enough.

PSG 650 - No doubt that they are talented but I think the biggest problem is that they are in Ligue 1. Just no competition.

Barcelona + 700 - They are relying too much on Messi to pay this price

My Pick - Manchester City +1150
- The biggest weakness they had last year was the defense. Now they've spent over 200 million pounds to improve that. I am concerned about the fact that they play in England, and you have the CL, League Cup, FA Cup and League to worry about. But I think this team could be the first in a while to win the CL from England

CB position the concern , kompany cant stay healthy . I guess Stones has the chance to take the next step

I like it

Backline is a concern yep but there's no perfect teams imo and at that price it's good value

No worry of them not qualifying out of group

I would have them 3rd favorites so PSG and Bayern being lower odds seems crazy

They are going to score so much

Neymar using PSG for a move to Real. Look It up

The article from the express?

They are worse than the sun and while he may one day move back to a more competitive league

There's no way he stays 1 season only at PSG, also why would that even effect their cl chances

I wonder if pep goes with a back 3 and ends up moving fernandinho into it if stones struggles more

But as long as Kompany is fit for the KO stages

Something like

Everson
Stones/Kompany/Mendy
Walker/Mendy
Fernandinho/Gundogan
Kdb
Aguero Jesus

Or swap Gundogan for Silva

Have Silva, sane, sterling as subs if needed to push for a game

That's very strong in europe

I like it

Backline is a concern yep but there's no perfect teams imo and at that price it's good value

No worry of them not qualifying out of group

I would have them 3rd favorites so PSG and Bayern being lower odds seems crazy

They are going to score so much

PSG I understand but the Bayern line seems insane

I wonder if pep goes with a back 3 and ends up moving fernandinho into it if stones struggles more

But as long as Kompany is fit for the KO stages

Something like

Everson
Stones/Kompany/Mendy
Walker/Mendy
Fernandinho/Gundogan
Kdb
Aguero Jesus

Or swap Gundogan for Silva

Have Silva, sane, sterling as subs if needed to push for a game

That's very strong in europe

I didnt watch the game but looking at the lineup he went 3 in the back with Walker and Mendy as wing backs against Liverpool

I wonder if people are gonna switch to this formation in FIFA

I might give it a go

How are united same odds too

Shocked city is so undervalued here I hadn't looked at futures

Could make argument they are deeper than barca too

I thought about United but Lukaku is a choker and the backline could be awful at times

I worry about their backline more than city

Also I know they are scoring so far this season, but Zlatan scored just like Lukaku has so far and they were like 20-30 goals behind the top 4

When Jose struggles sometimes he just goes defensive shell

The article from the express?

They are worse than the sun and while he may one day move back to a more competitive league

There's no way he stays 1 season only at PSG, also why would that even effect their cl chances

I thought it was hilarious and only said it tongue in cheek mate

Sarcasm is tough to exemplify on a message board, it's 90% of my picks ;)

Ya I wrote Silva in place of him possibly

I do think if they don't throw in another cm against some squads they will get hurt

The 3 teams that gave city problems last year were Monaco, Chelsea, and spurs

All beat them and out numbered them in midfield

Back