My Pick To Win the 2016 World Series

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello lads - my pick last year was the Cardinals. Obviously I did not win. Full disclosure I haven't looked at this stuff that much.

Here is who I considered

Cubs +550/Mets +850 - First these odds are too short for me, for the kind of sport baseball is especially. I'm sure Cubs will win the NL Central, but not so sure the Mets hold on to the NL East. Deep rotation, but I have doubts on their offense.

Giants +850 - Eh? Cueto and Samdriaajajaja , but at these odds no way. I have a sneaky suspicion this has something to do with it being an even number year too....Giants do likely win the division easily.

Dodgers +1000 - No, won't be in the playoff hunt IMO.

Royals +1175 - Pretty good odds for the reigning WS guys, and I imagine they will still be pretty good.

Pirates +2050 - Sub .500 team this year IMO

Blue Jays +1500 - Same concerns as I had last year - offense is great, but they could die at any moment

My Pick: Cardinals +1800 - Silly odds IMO. They will probably get the Wild card, but they will battle the Cubs all summer for the NL Central. It's the Cardinals lads. They are always in the mix, and that's what matters most.

BOL

good luck, I went with a dark horse this year

[TABLE="class: Grid, width: 1330"]
<tbody style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px;">[TR="class: Alt, bgcolor: #EEE8ED"]
[TD="class: NoWrap, align: left"]369488770-1[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]3/27/16 10:40pm[/TD]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency, align: right"]$1.00[/TD]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency, align: right"]$120.00[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Pending[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]4/3/16 1:00pm Baseball MLB World Series - San Diego Padres +12000[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

i also like SF to win the West, but haven't read anyone saying LAD not in the playoff hunt

You're sure the Cubs will win the Central? I love how everyone is dismissing a Pirates team that won 95 games last season and has everyone save Neil Walker returning. They also have plenty of minor league talent to bring up or trade for another piece too. The Cubs hype train is getting out of control.

Well as a pirates fan I suspect the Pirates might not even finish .500, though I hope I'm wrong. They lost more then Walker, they also lost Burnett who pitched great last year, about half of the bullpen, and Alvarez, who sucks but won us some games. The problem with the Pirates is they did nothing in the offseason. Disagree about a loaded minor league system. They have a few guys that are injury plagued.

You're sure the Cubs will win the Central? I love how everyone is dismissing a Pirates team that won 95 games last season and has everyone save Neil Walker returning. They also have plenty of minor league talent to bring up or trade for another piece too. The Cubs hype train is getting out of control.

agree about the CHC hype train, also think PIT is going to be good but Gurv is definitely more tuned-in to them than i

I agree that the cubs are over-hyped and have a bad feeling about pirates. I fell like some injuries are going to set them back.
What are your thoughts on the stros??? I can't see them winning 88 games:NoNo:

Pirates will also need Cole to punch in another cy young caliber season.

This. There is some concern with him being pissed about the salary situation. I think he is being immature tbh and the Pirates did what every other team would do. He'll show up this year I think. Him and Cutch are the two guys I'm not worried about at all.

Pitt has a lot of holes in that lineup. Wise not to take them Alex. Jmo.

Yep, in the rotation as well. I keep waiting for the bottom to drop out with Liriano. I think this might finally be the year, but hopefully he proves me wrong. Overall though, the offense is just not very good. They have no consistent HR hitter. Alvarez was at least someone that COULD do it, but now we don't even have that.

I agree that the cubs are over-hyped and have a bad feeling about pirates. I fell like some injuries are going to set them back.
What are your thoughts on the stros??? I can't see them winning 88 games:NoNo:

I think they can. They've done it the right away and I think in a year or 2 they will be considered the best team in the AL. The problem with them is the AL West has a bunch of teams that have the potential to be competitive, and that could lower that win total.

Since the WC was introduced resulting in an expanded post season ('95), no team with a 0-4 start to the reg. season has made the WS. Big day friday re this Cards WS call.

Back