My Pick To Win the 2015-16 UEFA Champions League..

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
I wanted to wait until the close of the transfer window before I made my decision...

My pick last year was Chelsea, who lost in dramatic fashion to PSG

Here are some picks I considered, but did not pick

Barcelona +290/Bayern +430/Real Madrid +430 - I bunch all three these into one group because I was never going to pick them. There is no doubt that these three on paper are the best teams in the world, and would be favored over a 2 leg period against any team. But the reason I am not picking them, it is essentially a 9 month long tournament. It is simply not worth it and the value of betting on any of them is not worth it. However in terms of the latter two I'm really not sure about them. Bayern can't seem to get over the hurdle with Pep. Real Madrid has an idiot as a coach that has his wife talking shit on Mourinho.

Chelsea +1000 - Right now its hard to figure this team out. I think what we are seeing from them now will end sooner rather then later. The problem is the backline. A lot of the guys that played great last year and were really the reason why they played so well are not playing well right now. Hazard has hardly made an appearance this year. Too many question marks for me to take them this year.

Man City +1150 - Really don't think this team is getting over the hurdle, not this year anyway. They have a ton of talent and have looked incredible so far this year. But just have no faith in them when it comes to European play.

My Pick - PSG +1650

This team really answered a lot of questions for me last year by taking down Chelsea, a team that was in top form at that point of the season. They took also them down with Ibra being sent off on a ridiculous red card. Unfortunately for them, they ran into the buzz saw known as Barcelona. In previous years I would have questioned if a fairly weak Ligue 1 would be an achilles heal. Unlike the other big name clubs across Europe they don't have much competition. Mourihno mocked them for it last year before they played, by saying that Chelsea's practice was probably more competitive then a Ligue 1 game. But the pieces are there for them. Cavani shows to be in form to start the season and you can always hope that Ibra can create something special. They got two pick big pick ups over the summer with Di Maria and Kurzawa to shore up the backline. Di Maria showed this previous weekend coming off the bench that he should be far more comfortable playing in Paris rather then Manchester. Ultimately for me Di Maria is the difference maker in this. They already have a few of the best players in the world, but Di Maria if playing to his potential could turn into there most important player.

Good luck

Yep

was expecting to see this

2 of the top 10 players in the world, plus a very solid back 4, this is great value, I am going to bet them throughout the tournament I think

lots of value on PSG sir, cannot argue with the thought process.

I personally like RM after the transfer window but who f'in knows. It's a dart throw.

I like PSG a lot

This comes down to the groups...they win the group, hard to not see them get into the quarters at which point +1650 would be massive value

They finish 2nd to RM, then it's all about the draw...it's feasible they could be greater than +1650 at that point...GL, hope some of this work out, ton of class and I hope ADM relishes in this system, I'll reserve judgment. Looked good in game one at least.

lots of value on PSG sir, cannot argue with the thought process.

I personally like RM after the transfer window but who f'in knows. It's a dart throw.

No doubt RM stands a good chance, but just no value in picking that kind of a team.

I like PSG a lot

This comes down to the groups...they win the group, hard to not see them get into the quarters at which point +1650 would be massive value

They finish 2nd to RM, then it's all about the draw...it's feasible they could be greater than +1650 at that point...GL, hope some of this work out, ton of class and I hope ADM relishes in this system, I'll reserve judgment. Looked good in game one at least.

Yeah that's why this bet out of all of the other ones might be the hardest, the randomness of the draw..

they probably had one of the best transfers season out of the top clubs....they kept key pieces together although it just looked like Cavani and Ibra were bound to go, and they ended some really really solid reinforcements. Also add that the Ligue 1 competition really got worse so they will be able to really focus a lot on Euro football.

GL on this one Alex, I think there will be definitely opportunities for you when the knockouts happen.

they probably had one of the best transfers season out of the top clubs....they kept key pieces together although it just looked like Cavani and Ibra were bound to go, and they ended some really really solid reinforcements. Also add that the Ligue 1 competition really got worse so they will be able to really focus a lot on Euro football.

GL on this one Alex, I think there will be definitely opportunities for you when the knockouts happen.

Yes, will have some good chances to hedge I think

Good luck man,

I bet Malmo

Should've just sent me the money

Back