My Mock Draft

frankiegotti

Power Boat Enthusiast
I will be doing a mock draft every week until the draft week.

1. Oakland Jamarcus Russell
2. Detroit Brady Quinn
3. Cleveland Joe Thomas
4. Tampa Bay Calvin Johnson
5. Arizona Cardinals Gaines Adams
6. Washington Laron Landry
7. Minnesota Adrian Peterson
8. Atlanta Jamal Anderson
9. Miami Amobi Okoye
10. Houston Levi Brown
11. San Fransisco Adam Carriker
12. Buffalo Patrick Willis
13. St. Louis Leon Hall
14. Carolina Alan Branch
15. Pittsburgh Darelle Revis
16. Green Bay Marshawn Lynch
17. Jacksonville Reggie Nelson
18. Cincinatti Michael Griffin
19. Tennessee Ted Ginn Jr.
20. NY Giants Lawerence Timmons
21. Denver Tony Ugoh
22. Dallas Chris Houston
23. KC Brian Leonard
24. New England Jon Beason
25. NY Jets Aaron Ross
26. Phile Jarvis Moss
27. New Orleans Paul Posluzky
28. New England Ryan Kahlil
29. Baltimore Ben Grubbs
30. San Diego Anthony Spencer
31. Chicago Justin Harrell
32. Indy Brandon Merriweather

so far that's it cut me some slack if some selections make no sense at all, been up all night studyin, will update shortly:shake:

Last edited:
17. Jacksonville Reggie Nelson

26. Phile Chris Houston

Et tu, Frankie?

You're not supporting the mission of getting Reggie Nelson to Philadelphia.

You are forgetting Alan Branch, if he slips past the 20th pick I would crap myself. And I also dont think Brian Lenard is a first round guy. I think he falls into the 2nd round.

Apparently Branch is falling, though. I don't know how far, but I heard he was all fat and out of shape at their pro day and that teams are really worried about his work ethic.

Edizzle, your right i am, i switched a couple names around and forgot to add him, i will update later on tonight, probally at the 10 page mark of my paper so i have some type of motivation.

Apparently Branch is falling, though. I don't know how far, but I heard he was all fat and out of shape at their pro day and that teams are really worried about his work ethic.

Yea he may be the Haloti of this year because there are several plays were he is too tired to move, so instead of doing something, he just stands up and watch the runner go by. THey showed a clip of it on ESPN, i was really shocked. Also, he did come in overweight showing that maybe he is unmotivatable because the Cardinals defensive line coach was in there and he was trying to push branch but he just would rather go home and watch tv.

if calvin johnson falls to #4, tampa will need all but 10 seconds and the commish will be announcing his name

Everybody loves Okoye. Even me. He won't end up in Cleveland or Philly, though, so there's not much I can do about that. The Browns are too high, the Eagles too low. Sometimes it happens.

Everybody loves Okoye. Even me. He won't end up in Cleveland or Philly, though, so there's not much I can do about that. The Browns are too high, the Eagles too low. Sometimes it happens.

Joe, not concerning Okoye specifically, but I wont be surprised if Philly moves up in Rd 1!

I really dont think we (Saints) go for Posluzky since we signed Brian Simmons in the offseason. We need another DT or CB badly.

you also have Chris Houston twice.

Joe and believe,

just out of curiosity why do you guys think that eagles would be contenders to move up in round 1. I guess what i am asking is who would they be targeting to move up in round 1?

Joe and believe,

just out of curiosity why do you guys think that eagles would be contenders to move up in round 1. I guess what i am asking is who would they be targeting to move up in round 1?

Im not sure, but they have a history of moving up in the draft if necessary. Most recently, they drafted a player NO ONE knew anything about: Shawn Andrews. He is now possibly the best Guard in football.

Well, Andy knew about Shawn Andrews. And he was ripped a little for that "reach," too. Because if I'm not mistaken, Andrews sat out the Senior Bowl or some other game like that because he was trying to avoid injury. People used that to question his work eithic.

Sure enough, as you say, Andy and Co. were right big time about this guy.

Who do I think they'd trade with? If they move up I do not see them cracking the top 15. I would imagine anywhere from 16 to 19, maybe just into the low 20s depending on the guy.

I really think they want to go defensive secondary with this pick so if they've got a corner or a safety they really like that they don't see getting out of the high teens, I'd think they go get him.

Yeah, looking over it I would say those 16 to 19 picks are the most likely as I have trouble seeing the Giants swap with them--why would you do something like that in your own division? Same with Dallas. I know the Browns and Ravens did it last year, but that was one spot, not seven or eight.

But the teams in that 16 to 19 range don't really have a conflict with the Birds so if they do it I'd say there, or maybe Denver at 21.

Back