Mock Draft III

Of Course it's not Byrons fault.. It's the coaches fault, the receivers fault, the lines fault, the medias fault.

Reminds me of Mike Mexico down in Atlanta. But then again we shouldn't blame them... Mike Mexico came from a poor family and shouldn't be held accountable for his actions. He wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth so it's not his fault.

Do you understand where Russell was in Mock drafts last year? He wasn't even 100 percent the starter of LSU. Now he's the #1 pick! The biggest drawback to Quinn is that he "can't win the big game".

Wasn't that the knock on Peyton Manning? Wasn't there a raw prospect who flew up draft boards his year named Ryan Leaf?

Quite honestly I'd enjoy discussing things with you, CG, if you weren't stuck in this sort of perennial victim mentality. It feels like as soon as I make a point, really any point, about a black QB, the world is against you, that you're so oppressed. Look, I'm not saying Lefty isn't partly to blame here, I'm saying that he is part of a team, and it is that team's responsibility to coach their players. Just like it's his to work on his game, it's theirs to coach the f**ker up.

The difference between the New England Patriots and the Cleveland Browns, well, one of them anyway, is that the Patriots can take a sixth round draft pick, coach him up, and help him become one of the best QBs in the league whereas the Browns can't seem to coach a third round draft pick into a decent NFL starter.

It's the same thing in Jax, it seems to be the same thing in Tampa with Chris Simms, et. al., and on and on. It's got nothing to do with race which I would think you'd have to agree with.

And, yes, we all know how you feel about Michael Vick--and, in case you've forgotten, I'm much closer to your view on that guy than I am to him as the 21st century QB of the future or whatever.

You're also right about Peyton, that was the knock on him--and it was true. And, really, it was true for how many years in the pros, too. He did finally break through, and good for him, he--like Elway before him--had put in the time and deserved it. But that was the knock on him and when you look at playoff performances before this year, there was something to that knock.

c-gold i like your view on jamarcus russell. although the victim approach is a little played out. ron mexico is a bad qb i agree 110%, every year they try to say that they have helped him out by getting this or that and it never works.

Joe- The points you make about black QBs is that they are always the victum of bad circumstances....

They couldn't possible be bad, or not be able to read defenses... it's always the lines fault or the receivers fault etc.

Do you defend Joey Harrington or Rex Grossman the same way? Do people say that Detroit was just a plain disfunctional organization, or that "Joey sucks".

So Tom Brady is only good because they "coached him up", while Byron sucks because they can't coach him?

So then we should already know who will be good and who will suck right?

Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson would be just sick. That is if they could get someone to throw the ball to them. Maybe tank it this year and get Brohm, Henne, or Brennan next year.

I don't think Chad Henne will be good.

From watching the rose bowl, he needs to get rid of the ball quicker or he will get killed in the pros.

Size is a good thing, but it can sometimes mean a guy getting rid of the ball to slowly.

I think Henne will look like Bledsoe ( cowboys version) in the pros and not work out.

SHSU Horn ...

What can you tell me about Bryan Robison DL out of Texas
The guy ran a 4.6 40 ( as fast as Dwaye Jarret)
40.5 vertical ( that is sick for a D-Lineman)
Lot of power cleans...
I also liked how he answered questions.. very humble

A D-lineman with that kind of explosion is ingruging.

He looks like the type of athelete that could possibly make the change from 4-3 DE to 3-4 OLB. Anyone else think so?

well, if you like PFT, here's this:

POSTED 3:13 p.m. EDT, April 27, 2007
RUMORS FLY OF QUINN TO RAIDERS
There are rumors right now in media circles that the Raiders are closing in on a deal with (drum roll, please) Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn, who would then be named the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.
Adam Schefter of NFL Network tipped us off to the rumor -- however, Schefter thinks that the rumor is not true. Mark Maske of the Washington Post acknowledges the rumor in a Friday afternoon chat, but he says he's not reporting that the deal is done.
We heard earlier in the week that the Raiders had made an initial offer to Quinn. We have since heard that, while hard numbers were not presented to Quinn's agent, Tom Condon, there was enough discussion about parameters and terms to give him a sufficient idea as to the ballpark amount of the deal.

SHSU Horn ...

What can you tell me about Bryan Robison DL out of Texas
The guy ran a 4.6 40 ( as fast as Dwaye Jarret)
40.5 vertical ( that is sick for a D-Lineman)
Lot of power cleans...
I also liked how he answered questions.. very humble

A D-lineman with that kind of explosion is ingruging.

A good kid and good friend of mine. Known the kid since his sophmore year of HS so I couldn't be any more happier for him. He's from the same hometown as my girlfriend which is basically your typical Friday Night Lights kinda of small town that loves football.

The kid was a star on the track team and most Longhorn fans knew when he got to the combine he was going to blow up because he is just a freak of an athlete. His issue has always been nagging injuries here or there that effected his play for Texas. He was still a 3 year starter and I think would fit well at the OLB position in a 3-4. Can you say New England?

rolub- Mark Maske is good... if you ever get the chance to listen to him.

Horn- How do you know him?
I've always noticed that players with exception speed or strength are always hurt.... The Mark Mcguires ( strength) Deion Sanders ( speed). These guys are just so hard on their bodies.

You have got to love that freakish explosion on the defensive side of the ball. The guy could honestly have faster straight away speed than some receivers, and can out jump them.

How do you know the guy?

Dizz- I like that highlight reel. That first FG he blocked he really got up there. Consider the guy is in full pads ( the kick really was normal and not especially low). Give all the credit to him.

That pick against mizzou was sick. To pick off a ball when the QB is so damn close to you is harder than it looks.

The guy just looks like a smart player. He is following his assignments on every single one of those plays. He looks like he really reads his keys and doesn't drift, but focuses in on his assignment and stays in the correct position ( you could tell by the way he defends the option).

I'd also give him props for his pursuit. The guy has a motor and won't quit. Like the one he chased down Troy Smith on. He's the exact opposite of say a wide receiver who "takes plays off". The guy obviously plays to the whistle.

he horse collared the shit out of that TTech QB. The QB obviously thought he could scramble away from a DE.

It wouldn't shock me if Belichick would draft him and figure out ways to use him.

His best highlights and game was vs OU when they had Bomar. He was absolutley unstoppable that day and just laying Bomar out time and time again. Best quote after the game was Bomar was so sore he said he felt like he got into a street fight.

I met Robison through my girlfriend they are from the same small hometown. My same girlfriend dated Adam Dunn in HS as well so you know how I feel everytime we watch sportscenter and Dunn is cranking out another homerun.

So did you activly try to meet him because your a big football fan, or you started shooting the shit with him at a party or something?

Through my girl at a party. He wasn't a big time HS footbal player and a surprise committ to Texas at the time. He just blew up in college.

What can you tell me about Aaron Ross?

Do you think he's the best corner in college FB last year?

Back