BYU -28 (-20c) 1 Unit
Utah -11 1 Unit
TCU/SDSU Under 48 1 unit
Navy/AFA Under 51 1 unit
WYO/NMU Under 45' 1 unit
UNLV ML +110 1 Unit

Week 5 Review

Wyo/BGU

Pretty much official now. Wyoming is done. Maybe they beat SDSU at home, but I wouldn't bet on it. Great fade material for the rest of the year. Coach Glenn is toast, lame duck situation. 5 TO's led to 31 Bowling Green points yesterday and the Cowboys have nobody who can play QB. They got desperate enough yesterday to throw in the fourth string guy and he even tossed a pic. It was pure comedy in Laramie yesterday except for the boys in Yellow.

On the box score side of things Wyoming did a great job of stopping the running game and didn't lose the total yard or first down stats by much. The 5 TO's did them in. 19 of them now in 5 games. I'd like to see what they'd look like w/out giving the other team 4 more possessions a game.

CAL/CSU
For those who laid 26, myself included, we got lucky. :) Two special teams TD's and a pic 6 made Cal backers into winnners. CSU absolutely killed CAL in time of possession and surpassed them in total yards. I'll take it though.

TCU/OKLA
The Sooners are awesome. Nothing else to say. Four TO's and Manuel Johnson killed the Frogs. I don't think this game drops my opinion of TCU that much. They still held the Sooners to 25 yards rushing on 36 carries (0.7ypc) which is pretty damn amazing.

Idaho/SDSU
Ok so how bad is Idaho? 600 yards of offense to SDSU? I had no idea they were this bad, but I should have known after they gave up 580 to Utah State. Is it really possible for those two teams to get 1200 yards of total offense on you? Evidentely so. I'm betting the over in the rest of their games and I challenge you to do so as well. Anything under 65 is free money. Honestly I hope you're reading what I'm writing as these guys are horrible. Nevada is going to drop 55 on them this week w/out a problem. Anyways back to the Aztecs. Lindley is looking like he may become a nice QB for the Aztecs. Running game was pretty good, but I can't really evaluate anything against Idaho. The Vandals did have some success running the ball on the Aztecs as the DLine still looks like a concern.

NM/NMSU
Haven't seen this one yet so, but was happy to see the O cashed with a minute to go. I could have easily gotten screwed for not getting the early # in this one, but three 4th quarter TD's by the Lobos saved the day. No idea what the hell was going on with Gruner, but those aren't the #'s from a guy that sees down the field better as Long put it. Lying bastard. Had I known the Lobos were going to run the ball 63 times I wouldn't have been on the over. Holbrook tore up the UNM secondary pretty good and I suppose it's safe to say that UNM's secondary is bad. Surprisingly bad. Injury note for the Lobos: Rodney Ferguson played with or suffered a shoulder injury. No word yet on his status for next week.

Utah/WSU
Score not indicative of what happened. Utah ran dive play after dive play and did little else. You could tell from the moment the crowd gave former coach Ron McBride a huge standing ovation that this was going to a friendly match. The Utes starters didn't play any of the 4th and you could tell by the post game interviews that they had Oregone State on their mind.

Nevada/UNLV
Another one I haven't had a chance to watch yet, but obviously satisfied with the win here. If Nevada is putting up 600 yards on UNLV they'll put up 900 on Idaho. Rebels turned the ball over for the first time this year I see, but it looks like the story in this one was the Wolfpack rushing game. 444 yards on 58 carries (7.7 ypc) is getting it done. Interested to see if it was as bad on video as it looks in the box score.

Week 6 Previews: (Predicted Lines)

Oregon State @ Utah (-8)
Thursday Night
Love the spot here for the Utes. The minute the Beavers upset the #1 Trojans last Thursday this became a possible play depending on the line. Utah is essentially coming off a scrimmage against Weber State and have been eying this game since they beat AFA. The win by OSU only helped to focus the Utes on seeking revenge for last year's loss.

Utah lost to the Beavers last year in their first game in Corvalis. In that game the Utes were w/out their 1st team All-MWC tackle, lost Brian Johnson in the 2nd quarter, starting RB Matt Asiata went down in the 1st quarter and the Utes couldn't recompose themselves before losing 24-7. This year they're going to face the Beavers nearly at full health, at home, and on a Thursday night game. Situationally I love this one. As far as personnel goes I'm more than confident in Utah's ability to run the ball in this game. I do have some worries about their pass protection, but that would probably be my only worry on the offensive side. On defense the guy the Utes will have to worry about is Rodgers. Utah defensive strength so far this year is stuffing the run, including holding the AFA Falcons to 53 yards, so not to worried about Rogers going off. USC was there all night, but couldn't wrap up. Also think those 37 carries are going to play an impact this year as Rogers was seen limping at the end of the game. Beyond Rogers I don't think the Beavers have much on the offensive side. Stroughter always scares me, but he's been pretty quite to this point. Pretty much a one dimensional team, especially on the road.

BYU @ Utah State (+31') Friday Night
Cougars rolling along with B2B shutouts and a 103-0 score over those two games. Hard to expect anything other than that here as well. Utah was 25' point favs in Logan and with BYU's recent history of shutouts/blowouts I expect them to be about a TD higher than that. Hard to think that USU stays within 5 TD's in this one from my point of view. I really don't like laying big #'s so I won't be on BYU, but I think you can expect another beat down.

The Aggies have been big DD dogs to the Cougars before and have stayed close so don't be shocked if it happens again, but I expect Mendenhall to take advantage of the Friday night lights and give the Top 25 voters a show.

UNLV @ CSU (PK)
Not sure you can favor either team in this spot. I favor the Rebels in this one as I think they have to much offense for the Rams to deal with. CSU is still having trouble running the ball and Billy Farris has never scared me as a guy who's going to be somebody. With Clayton and his two WR's (Wolfe and Flair)
really in a groove right now along Summers I don't see the Rams keeping up.

Navy @ AFA (-4') CIC Game
O/U for total passes has been set at 5 for this ground battle. AFA off a bye week to get ready for what is always their biggest game of the year. I'm not very interested in a side here, but I'd take a good long look at an under depending of course on the line. I like both teams abilities to slow down the running game along with the shortening of the game with 120 rushing attempts. Winner in the 20's and the loser in the teens.

SDSU @ TCU (-27')
Every time in the last three years that TCU has played a top 25 team they lose the following week. I don't think it happens here by any means, but it may be the one thing keeping me away from TCU. I set my line here as I think the books have been doing a pretty good job of taking away obvious sides. Anything below 21 would almost be a guaranteed play.

WYO @ NMU (-9)
NMU or nothing here and New Mexico has a QB who evidently can't pass so I'll pass on the game altogether. Also entertain an under play here as these teams have failed to hit 30 points total in 4 of their last 5 meetings. Check the status of Ferguson (shoulder).

I'm sick of writing. :)

Last edited:
grats on cal , nmsu over , and nevada jpicks.

unlv defensive scheme was rally bad vs read option. refused to account for qb. unlv wr are going to give conference foes some fits though and the rebels threw deep a lot so the completion percentage is lower than it otherwise would be because of that.

only saw bits and pieces of the unm/nmsu game but that one could have gone either way despite the somewhat lopsided score.

i saw dalton got banged up at end of ou game ... any word on that ?

i watched the wyoming game and actually caught some post game comments .. this team is demoralized. they will not get my money for the rest of the year unless they beat the team i bet on.

good stuff as always. talk to ya later.

Oregon State @ Utah (-8) Thursday Night
Love the spot here for the Utes. The minute the Beavers upset the #1 Trojans last Thursday this became a possible play depending on the line. Utah is essentially coming off a scrimmage against Weber State and have been eying this game since they beat AFA. The win by OSU only helped to focus the Utes on seeking revenge for last year's loss.

Utah lost to the Beavers last year in their first game in Corvalis. In that game the Utes were w/out their 1st team All-MWC tackle, lost Brian Johnson in the 2nd quarter, starting RB Matt Asiata went down in the 1st quarter and the Utes couldn't recompose themselves before losing 24-7. This year they're going to face the Beavers nearly at full health, at home, and on a Thursday night game. Situationally I love this one. As far as personnel goes I'm more than confident in Utah's ability to run the ball in this game. I do have some worries about their pass protection, but that would probably be my only worry on the offensive side. On defense the guy the Utes will have to worry about is Rodgers. Utah defensive strength so far this year is stuffing the run, including holding the AFA Falcons to 53 yards, so not to worried about Rogers going off. USC was there all night, but couldn't wrap up. Also think those 37 carries are going to play an impact this year as Rogers was seen limping at the end of the game. Beyond Rogers I don't think the Beavers have much on the offensive side. Stroughter always scares me, but he's been pretty quite to this point. Pretty much a one dimensional team, especially on the road.

BYU @ Utah State (+31') Friday Night
Cougars rolling along with B2B shutouts and a 103-0 score over those two games. Hard to expect anything other than that here as well. Utah was 25' point favs in Logan and with BYU's recent history of shutouts/blowouts I expect them to be about a TD higher than that. Hard to think that USU stays within 5 TD's in this one from my point of view. I really don't like laying big #'s so I won't be on BYU, but I think you can expect another beat down.

The Aggies have been big DD dogs to the Cougars before and have stayed close so don't be shocked if it happens again, but I expect Mendenhall to take advantage of the Friday night lights and give the Top 25 voters a show.

You're good. These are the exact numbers LVSC opened with. I think they're reading our site.

You hoping for a little Utah love from me Counselor? This might be the week to pull some funny quotes from you in my threads last year. :) So many funny ones about you hating this conference.

Are you kidding me with this NMU team? They can't get a score to help with the over? What?

I'm really beginning to HATE the MWC, man...

You're good. These are the exact numbers LVSC opened with. I think they're reading our site.

Guessing the openers hasn't been hard for me. Picking winners has.

Looking at the LVSC openers I'd lean:

Navy +6
TCU -21 (tough rebound spot off of Oklahoma so I doubt it)
BYU -31'
Utah -8
UNLV +2
WYO +14 (not going to happen, but I'd lean that way if forced)

Not my favorite card ever.

BYU -28 (-120) 1 Unit

On BYU -28. What do you think about TCU -26'?

If this game didn't follow the Sooners I'd be all over it. I still like it quite a bit as the Aztecs have little chance of scoring and their Dline will give up huge chunks of yards to the Frogs running trio.

Navy +7 1 Unit

Hate that they upset Wake Forest last week, but I really think the Utes the Falcons as a team that is clearly not on the same level as last year. AFA has lost 5 straight in the series and damn near all the games between Navy/AFA are close. Love getting a TD here.

Navy +7 1 Unit

Hate that they upset Wake Forest last week, but I really think the Utes the Falcons as a team that is clearly not on the same level as last year. AFA has lost 5 straight in the series and damn near all the games between Navy/AFA are close. Love getting a TD here.

Looking at that game now. I made the line AFA -6 so not looking like a value play.

However you're right in terms of the series. Navy has won 5 straight by a combined 27 points. Catching 7 looks good.

A little concern is that AFA is off a bye week while Navy is going into a bye.

Looking at that game now. I made the line AFA -6 so not looking like a value play.

However you're right in terms of the series. Navy has won 5 straight by a combined 27 points. Catching 7 looks good.

A little concern is that AFA is off a bye week while Navy is going into a bye.

Main concern is Navy off of big upset victory, but this is the biggest game of the year for both teams so neither team will be looking ahead or anywhere else.

I was down on AFA big coming in to the year and then their 3-0 start eroded my thoughts about them being as bad as I had thought. After watching the Utah/AFA game those thoughts came back to me. They are just so young that I could see them freeze a bit under pressure in their first CIC game. Either way I think catching a TD is great value.

Tough one RJ. If you don't think they will be emotionally spent off of OU then yes. They are fundamentally 5 TD's better than the Aztecs.

Thanks. Looking at the ATS record after a SU loss, TCU is just a .500 team. May be a flat spot emotionally, but they should destroy SDSU.

Thanks. Looking at the ATS record after a SU loss, TCU is just a .500 team. May be a flat spot emotionally, but they should destroy SDSU.

Agree on all fronts. They also seem to do horrible after facing ranked teams. Lost as TD favorites to AFA last year after facing Texas, lost by 14 to BYU as TD favorites after facing Texas Tech in '06, and lost as two TD favorites to SMU after beating Oklahoma in '05. Clearly Patterson doesn't do a great job of getting his teams ready to play after big games.

lean UNLV+1?

Opened as PK and I don't see it going to far. I do lean UNLV, but this is one that I need to look at a bit more.

great thoughts as usual jpicks...i grabbled utah as soon as i could, but i was hoping for single digits as well...doubt it will matter as i think they blow them out...i lean unlv as well, but i'm kind of concerned with them having similar probs stopping the run here. most likely laying off of that one. i agree with you when you say that tcu/ok game had more to do with ok and less to do with tcu...i still think tcu is very very solid. i would lean navy as well....gl this week

I wouldnt read much of anything into the UNLV game this weekend. Pounded Nevads simply based on the fact UNLV was off two huge OT wins . Teams like UNLV are bound to just letdown after those type games . At least IMO...

Sort of see Navy now in that spot as well . They had the comeback win at home vs RU like UNLV did @ ASU then went to Wake and won a battle where the opponent came back . The difference is navy traveled and UNLV was home but went to OT....not a good spot for them on the surface .....

Had CAL myself . Just a good situational play . Wouldnt say its lucky as much representative of the talent disparity . The Bears did shit offense but still managed to score alot . Which is a good sign but the lack of consistency from the offense is concerning but they also had ASU on deck so maybe they went with the vanilla gameplan. Dont know ....hard to not like ASU here ...but see how it shakes out this week with that matchup .....

Crap schedule for the MWC this time . Probably the only game worth trying is Utah . GL:cheers:

jpicks,

glad we cashed with Cal last week...good job bud...

:shake: you as well

great thoughts as usual jpicks...i grabbled utah as soon as i could, but i was hoping for single digits as well...doubt it will matter as i think they blow them out...i lean unlv as well, but i'm kind of concerned with them having similar probs stopping the run here. most likely laying off of that one. i agree with you when you say that tcu/ok game had more to do with ok and less to do with tcu...i still think tcu is very very solid. i would lean navy as well....gl this week

I'm just a bit mad at myself for not grabbing the Utes when they went to 10. Figured it may move down to 9' and instead it shot right back up to 10' and on to 11. I may just have to pass and enjoy the game from a fan perspective as I really don't want to lay DD's very bad.

I'm not to concerned about UNLV's run defense in this one as the Rams have not shown the ability to run on anyone this year. They're averaging 3.1 ypc this year and beyond SDSU are the worst rushing team in the league. Not explanation either as Johnson and Bell are good RB's. Interested to see if the line keeps moving as the only way I'll play it is if I can get a ML and I wouldn't say that I'd 100% be on it then either.

I wouldnt read much of anything into the UNLV game this weekend. Pounded Nevads simply based on the fact UNLV was off two huge OT wins . Teams like UNLV are bound to just letdown after those type games . At least IMO...

Sort of see Navy now in that spot as well . They had the comeback win at home vs RU like UNLV did @ ASU then went to Wake and won a battle where the opponent came back . The difference is navy traveled and UNLV was home but went to OT....not a good spot for them on the surface .....

Had CAL myself . Just a good situational play . Wouldnt say its lucky as much representative of the talent disparity . The Bears did shit offense but still managed to score alot . Which is a good sign but the lack of consistency from the offense is concerning but they also had ASU on deck so maybe they went with the vanilla gameplan. Dont know ....hard to not like ASU here ...but see how it shakes out this week with that matchup .....

Crap schedule for the MWC this time . Probably the only game worth trying is Utah . GL:cheers:

Agree on the bad spot here for Navy on the surface, but don't put them in the same category as UNLV when it comes to letdown spots. First this is a Commander in Chief game and more than likely the game that decides who gets the trophy. Navy will be up for this game regardless of past games. Also with them being a service academy I think their ability to focus and move beyond previous games is much greater than what you'd get from a normal school. UNLV on the other hand is the perfect candidate for what happened against Nevada.

Certainly agree on the crap schedule part. GL to you this week as well. :shake:

HEY jpicks ... can i get your assessment of two aspects of csu ??

1. What is their secondary like and how deep is it ?

2. What percentage of the snaps do you expect each qb to get in this game ?

HEY jpicks ... can i get your assessment of two aspects of csu ??

1. What is their secondary like and how deep is it ?

2. What percentage of the snaps do you expect each qb to get in this game ?

1. Both safties are above average receiving HM MWC honors in '06. Last year both were hurt and the Rams defense showed it. They're #2 and 3 on the team in tackles and will probably do a decent job of slowing Clayton from escaping the pocket. The corner spot is a weakness though. They lost DeAngelo Wilkingson (projected starter) to a bar fight and he is currently suspended. A rFR starts opposite a JC transfer with a Freshman and a rFR backing them up. Very young group. Look at the 2nd half vs. Houston to see what a team with passing abilities can do this group. Like Clayton to be able to throw the ball this week, but the safties may limit his running ability.

2. 100% Farris. Kubiak 0%. This isn't the game that Kubiak gets his shot. If Farris plays poorly against the Rebels we'll probably see the controversy pick up next week and then we can discuss the amount of reps each QB will see. At 2-2 and 0-0 in conference Fairchild has no reason to open a can of worms by throwing in a Freshman QB in over a 5th year senior.

I hate getting sucked into a play, but it just happened. The line is getting away from me and I really wanted to play this game. Just hate that it crossed over 10. Didn't get screwed with the Cal line last week and I'm hoping it doesn't happen this week either.

Utah -11 1 Unit

1. Both safties are above average receiving HM MWC honors in '06. Last year both were hurt and the Rams defense showed it. They're #2 and 3 on the team in tackles and will probably do a decent job of slowing Clayton from escaping the pocket. The corner spot is a weakness though. They lost DeAngelo Wilkingson (projected starter) to a bar fight and he is currently suspended. A rFR starts opposite a JC transfer with a Freshman and a rFR backing them up. Very young group. Look at the 2nd half vs. Houston to see what a team with passing abilities can do this group. Like Clayton to be able to throw the ball this week, but the safties may limit his running ability.

2. 100% Farris. Kubiak 0%. This isn't the game that Kubiak gets his shot. If Farris plays poorly against the Rebels we'll probably see the controversy pick up next week and then we can discuss the amount of reps each QB will see. At 2-2 and 0-0 in conference Fairchild has no reason to open a can of worms by throwing in a Freshman QB in over a 5th year senior.

thank you

I like the analysis, but don't forget about the "other" Rodgers on OSU, Quizz's brother, James, who is also a bit of a baller himself both running and catching the ball. I lean Utes here as well just situationally, but I like this OSU team (have all year) and could see them make this a tight game.

GL this week bro.

I like the analysis, but don't forget about the "other" Rodgers on OSU, Quizz's brother, James, who is also a bit of a baller himself both running and catching the ball. I lean Utes here as well just situationally, but I like this OSU team (have all year) and could see them make this a tight game.

GL this week bro.

No doubt the Beavers have some talent, but this is a really bad spot. This is the first game for Utah since Michigan where there is a buzz in the air. No way OSU can match the intensity of Utah this week as there is nothing bigger than playing the #1 team, and beating them, on your home turf. I'm with you on expecting good things from OSU in the future, but this game reeks of on emotional mismatch.

Fuckers...

Me likey BYU, JP...BOL again this weekend and keep up the good work...appreciate your thoughts...

:shake:

Love your insight as always bro! With you on BYU...the cougs jumped out at me right away.

GL this week J!

:cheers:

Thanks guys.

Went and bet a bushel of unders. Not sure if I got the best #'s but I liked all of them. Writeups to follow.

TCU/SDSU U48
Navy/AFA U51
WYO/NMU U45'

All for a Unit

Lean to the under with CSU/UNLV but I'm holding off for the moment.

jp- Thanks for that Utah-Weber St tip a week ago. I did cash on it, and tried to communicate same to you, but none of my posta were being accepted/recorded. I hope this one gets through to you.
bull

jp- Thanks for that Utah-Weber St tip a week ago. I did cash on it, and tried to communicate same to you, but none of my posta were being accepted/recorded. I hope this one gets through to you.
bull

:cheers: Glad you hit it. Turned out to be even easier than I would have thought. As I was leaving the stadium I was certainly hoping you cashed the bet. Congrats.

A little w/up for the TCU/SDSU Under 48.

Play is based on an expected outcome of SDSU's offensive performance coupled with TCU having a setback following the OU game. When I think about TCU having a hangover from last week I don't think it comes on the defensive side of the ball. Whether I'm right or wrong about this will more than likely decide this bet. SDSU has put up 13 points and 10 points in their 2 road games. While I love Lindley and his future I don't think he's ready to face a TCU defense. If SDSU can get to 17 points, which would be a high output, I can still afford TCU getting 31. While TCU's offense is improved this year I'm still thinking 31 is an above average # for an expected output considering they're coming off a tough game. Their offense has been the first thing to go over the last three years after facing top 25 teams and I expect a major hiccup here. Last thing to consider here is that minus OU the TCU defense hasn't given up more than one TD in any game this year. Lots of wiggle room here on both sides. Expecting something in the 28-10 range.

Navy/Air Force Under 51

Already lost a point to the line move here. What are you going to do. Still really like this one.

Air Force does get starting TE Travis Dekker and Z back Ty Paffett back this week which should help the offense in the long run. Both just started practicing this week so I doubt they'll make a huge impact this week. One major question mark is the status of Navy QB Kaipo-Noa Kaheaku-Enhada. He suffered a hamstring injury against Wake Forest and is questionable for the week. If he's out I'll probably be off Navy and up this bet to 2 units. Neither offense is as explosive as they've been in years past and are relying on better defenses to spark them to great starts.

These teams have combined to complete 29 passes in 9 games so far this year. The game clock will not be stopping much in this one and that only helps betting an under. Granted both of these teams have always ran the option, but consider last year when the Falcons completed 18 passes in the game against the Midshipmen. That's the same # that they've completed all year to this point.

I don't think either team gets out of the 20's. The previous totals over the last 5 years between these teams has been 51, 41, 51, 45 and 53. I don't think either team has the offense to match any of those previous #'s.

Happy to see you on the wyoming/unm under.

I agree with your points about tcu/sdsu but in the end i couldnt look past the 694 yards of offense tcu put on these guys last year and the fact the game had over 1k yards combined. year before 52-0 tcu .. i dont like going under in the games where i can see scenarios where one team does it all by themselves. But i agree with your thought process.

Hey JP, I managed to get Utah at -8 (mostly thanks to your preview btw). I was wondering how you feel about a middle with how the line stands now? Do you think Utah will blow them out, or would it be worth a shot if the line is over 11? 13?

Happy to see you on the wyoming/unm under.

I agree with your points about tcu/sdsu but in the end i couldnt look past the 694 yards of offense tcu put on these guys last year and the fact the game had over 1k yards combined. year before 52-0 tcu .. i dont like going under in the games where i can see scenarios where one team does it all by themselves. But i agree with your thought process.

No doubt past history is not on my side with the SDSU/TCU game. I don't think the rFr QB Lindley will have any chance of achieving the same results that O'Connell did last year when he put up almost 400 yards passing and 60 yards rushing especially when you consider the Aztecs will be on the road. If the Aztecs don't take a 17-0 lead last year there is no way that TCU puts up 700 yards of offense. They might get 500 yards on Saturday, but I don't expect SDSU to help much if at all.

Hey JP, I managed to get Utah at -8 (mostly thanks to your preview btw). I was wondering how you feel about a middle with how the line stands now? Do you think Utah will blow them out, or would it be worth a shot if the line is over 11? 13?

I think you probably should just hold the 8. At 13 I'd start giving it more thought. Lots of key #'s between 8 and 13. Problem for me on suggesting a middle is that I think this will either be a one score game or a blowout. So I'm not very confident in hoping for a 10. If Utah finally plays a full game this should be a fairly simple blowout. If they decide to only play 2 good quarters like they've been doing recently a SU upset isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

I think you probably should just hold the 8. At 13 I'd start giving it more thought. Lots of key #'s between 8 and 13. Problem for me on suggesting a middle is that I think this will either be a one score game or a blowout. So I'm not very confident in hoping for a 10. If Utah finally plays a full game this should be a fairly simple blowout. If they decide to only play 2 good quarters like they've been doing recently a SU upset isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

Makes sense to me, was leaning the same way. Thanks for the reply.
:shake:

Well I've already played more this week than any previous week, which is scary as I thought this would be a soft week, so I figured I'd add a ML dog parlay as icing on the cake.

Navy +200/Wyoming +425 $50 to win $737.50 (Won't be included in my record win or lose, but I figured since I'm playing it I'd throw it out there for those who may be interested in ML Dog Parlays. )

Couple reasons why I'll take a small stab at this one. Not going to explain Navy as I've already done it in this thread.

Wyoming is coming off of a huge cluster at home to which the home crowd was booing them. First road game after three home games and it may be a time for the team to come together with an us against the world mentality. They still don't have a QB but I like Sween back as the starter to provide a bit of stability. The Lobos have a QB who the coaches evidently don't trust to throw the ball and a banged up Ferguson. Ferguson didn't have much success last year running the ball against the Cowboys (26c, 89y, 3.4 ypc). With the Lobos being even more one dimensional I doubt he clears the 100 yard mark.

So in a nutshell if the Cowboys don't continue their 4 TO's per game average I think they have every shot in the world to win this one. I know I'm crazy, but that's why I'm getting +425 odds. Some may ask why not jump on the +12.5? I think it's all or nothing with the Cowboys this week. Either they'll come together and play their best game of the year and pull off the upset or they're going to get smoked again. Don't see much of a scenario where the point spread comes into play.

Last point; Emotional letdown also possible for the Lobos here after beating the in state rival with a 19-0 4th qtr run in the last 10 minutes of the 4th quarter.

Really agree about Sween and Wyoming . That was my first thought if they start him then Wyoming is worth a play . He played much better then the other QBs and moved the ball and by the time he threw his INT at least he had shown he could move the offense which he did again to end the game .....

Still think I like AF though . Just see navy off two upsets that were sort of handed to them and the 3rd game is usually the trick . Like Denver in the NFL they get two gift wrapped wins and get blasted @ KC . In baseball teams tend to lose consecutive tough games as in blown saves but usually bounce back in the 3rd game . So just thinking that its team for Navy to payback theer good fortune and basically ignoring all other aspects of the matchup....

GL

im having a hard time laying off OSU+11 2morrow night even though situationally speaking:

utah was preparing for this game last wk, revenge for last yr, national showcase, thinking about bcs future and how this win would help, possble let down for OSU.

I think OSU is physical enough to give it to Utah a little bit in this one, I don't know, I just feel this line is too high but likely I will be on the sidelines unless it rises some more.

Back