MWC Week 6

Really agree about Sween and Wyoming . That was my first thought if they start him then Wyoming is worth a play . He played much better then the other QBs and moved the ball and by the time he threw his INT at least he had shown he could move the offense which he did again to end the game .....

Still think I like AF though . Just see navy off two upsets that were sort of handed to them and the 3rd game is usually the trick . Like Denver in the NFL they get two gift wrapped wins and get blasted @ KC . In baseball teams tend to lose consecutive tough games as in blown saves but usually bounce back in the 3rd game . So just thinking that its team for Navy to payback theer good fortune and basically ignoring all other aspects of the matchup....

GL

Agree on Sween. He's the one QB the team can get behind at this point.

Understand the like of AF. I've flirted with getting out of the game altogether and keeping the under. Not my favorite bet of the week, but at +7 I'll ride it out.

gl with the parlay jpicks

thank you sir

im having a hard time laying off OSU+11 2morrow night even though situationally speaking:

utah was preparing for this game last wk, revenge for last yr, national showcase, thinking about bcs future and how this win would help, possble let down for OSU.

I think OSU is physical enough to give it to Utah a little bit in this one, I don't know, I just feel this line is too high but likely I will be on the sidelines unless it rises some more.

It's a sharp line imo. I do think it's two points to high even where I played it, but the books are trying to keep action off of Utah imo. Main concern in the game is the OSU pass rush and it's a pretty big concern. I will say that off the USC victory last week and the subsequent party that probably took place in Corvalis last weekend what motivation is there for OSU to fight to stay in this game if they get down early? Their main goal at this juncture has to be the Pac-10 title. They already have beaten Utah in the last year and this game won't affect their conference standings. With an easy WSU game next week at home I think if faced with adversity they'll fold before they put up a fight.

Last edited:
how good does that navy bet look now ?

Thinking about paying the 20c and buying AFA at 4 and hope for a Falcon win by 4 thru 7. Navy QB is likely out for the game which really sucks. Good for the under though.

JASPER: Bryant ready; Dobbs not yet

Navy offensive coordinator Ivin Jasper
By David Ausiello

Date: Oct 2, 2008

It’s looking more likely that Navy quarterback Kaipo-Noa Kaheaku-Enhada will not start against Air Force. If that occurs, Jarod Bryant will make his third start of the season. But what if Bryant struggles against the Falcons? Would Navy coach Ivin Jasper look to Ricky Dobbs for a change of pace? Did Dobbs show enough against Towson for Jasper to feel confident calling on him? The answer: not yet.

think you'll be fine with bryant...he's not bad at all imo.

think you're getting a lot of value in that wyoming line...now you have me thinking about it...

think you'll be fine with bryant...he's not bad at all imo.

think you're getting a lot of value in that wyoming line...now you have me thinking about it...

Good to know about Bryant. I have no clue on the guy at all.

With the WYO ML I'd say it's great value. With WYO being able to stop the run pretty damn well and Gruner having zero experience passing I think it sets up well. If WYO doesn't lose the turnover battle by 2+ they'll have a chance to win in the end and @ 4 to 1 I'll be more than happy with that. I might put half a unit on it straight as well.

Stupid Utes. :whip:

I agree - I think the difference between Bryant and Kaipo is very small.

Nice. Good to hear that from you two guys. The line did drop a point when Kaipo went to doubtful so I assumed that Bryant wasn't a slouch. Appreciate the thoughts.

Navy/Air Force Under 51

Already lost a point to the line move here. What are you going to do. Still really like this one.

Air Force does get starting TE Travis Dekker and Z back Ty Paffett back this week which should help the offense in the long run. Both just started practicing this week so I doubt they'll make a huge impact this week. One major question mark is the status of Navy QB Kaipo-Noa Kaheaku-Enhada. He suffered a hamstring injury against Wake Forest and is questionable for the week. If he's out I'll probably be off Navy and up this bet to 2 units. Neither offense is as explosive as they've been in years past and are relying on better defenses to spark them to great starts.

These teams have combined to complete 29 passes in 9 games so far this year. The game clock will not be stopping much in this one and that only helps betting an under. Granted both of these teams have always ran the option, but consider last year when the Falcons completed 18 passes in the game against the Midshipmen. That's the same # that they've completed all year to this point.

I don't think either team gets out of the 20's. The previous totals over the last 5 years between these teams has been 51, 41, 51, 45 and 53. I don't think either team has the offense to match any of those previous #'s.

J

Tailing you on this one. I looked this over, and something that confuses me is the line has only gone up and these teams have only gone over this total twice in 10 years, and those games were 55 and 56.

J

Tailing you on this one. I looked this over, and something that confuses me is the line has only gone up and these teams have only gone over this total twice in 10 years, and those games were 55 and 56.

Confuses me to Marlo. Still love the play. All the local columnists also picked scores in the mid-50's when they gave out their predictions. I don't see it. Sticking with the winner in the 20's, loser in the teens.

May join on Wyoming + the points - that game looks better and better the more I look at it.

Thinking about lining up a straight bet on them myself. Love the ML parlay right now but I think WYO deserves a straight play. The books finally decided to hell with these guys and threw out a line that makes no sense. Then again Wyoming has the ability to screw even this up. :)

J

I just want to document this now before I forget how awful it is.

Navy has scored 2 TD's on blocked punts.
AFA has a TD drive of 7 yards.
Navy with a TD drive of 10 yards.
Navy with a FG on a drive of 3 yards.

31 points off of 20 yards of offense. 53 points scored so far in this game and both teams have COMBINED for 500 yards of offense. :hang:

I have been watching the game, I know how awful this has been buddy. Sucks big time.

I had 52.5 and have 53.5 I'm just praying we don't see anymore scoring.

Same here boss. No worries, we both know we will win it back with interest at some point.

Back