Mort's Flying LEANS: Week 6

Mort The Flying Cow

Pretty much a regular
Mort's Flying Picks: Week 6

GL to all!

PLAYS

WIN Nevada -24 @ Idaho: THis is my big play of the day. 10 units. Against a 24 point spread, Idaho would be 2-3 this season, including losing their last two games by more than 24 points... against far inferior teams to Nevada. Look for Kaepernick to have another outstanding day, with at least 400 total yards and 5 TDs.

WIN Florida -26 @ Arkansas: WOO! Already moving 3 points, I expect this to be above 28 by Saturday! The Gators have been playing coy this season. No more. Urban unloads on the hapless Razorbacks. Another Alabama. Another Texas. Petrino may openly weep on the sideline. If UF doesn't crack 40, I'll be very shocked. 60 is within reach. I also don't expect Arkansas to score more than 14. If UF beats Ole Miss, I don't touch this game. But they are going to rock Arkansas to get geared up for LSU.

WIN Texas -13 @ Colorado: I think the field is weird in Colorado and strange things can happen there. But I'm with SHSUHorn here. Mack Brown wants to make a statement. This defense is young and FAST and will be able to have success against Rodney Stewart and put tons of pressure on Cody Hawkins. The worst games Hawkins has played are those when he is under constant pressure. Expect Muschamp to get a green light from Mack to light Cody Hawkins' ass up!

PUSH Penn State -14 @ Purdue: This is a small play for me, really to have an early game going. I love what Penn State has done so far and they are going to score points. THey'll be able to slow down the Purdue offense, but how much? I think 14 is close to accurate, which is why I bought the hook (from -14.5) for a little push protection. Not advocating everyone jump on board, but my money is on it.

WIN Missouri -11 @ Nebraska: This line WILL move up, so jump on it if you can. Of course, Herbie and Corso both took Nebraska to keep it tight, which is interesting. Missouri doesn't play great defense, but they are an opportunistic defense. They give up yards but force turnovers. Nebraska should get in the 20s. I just don't know how that defense keeps Missouri from reaching the mid-40s.

LOSS South Florida -14 vs Pittsburgh: I'm very anti-Wanstache. I think everyone is. Even LeSean McCoy. Speaking of McCoy, that is all Pitt has. I love the aggresiveness of the USF defense and they are only vulnerable when they let off the gas (see: Kansas). They'll force Pitt to pass, which will result in failure. I did want to wait til tomorrow, but know this line will jump and don't want the hook, too. I see this as a 38-20 game.

:tiphat:

PARLAYS

LOSS UCLA -17, Tulsa -16.5, Texas A&M +26: 1 unit to win 6 :hang:

LOSS Texas A&M +26, Nevada -25, Texas -13, Florida -27: 2 units to win 24 :hang:

OFF THE BOARD

W Oklahoma State -24.5 vs Texas A&M: A&M is bad. But Jerrod Johnson will make a few plays so the Aggies get to around 20-24 points. Dez Bryant will have 2 TDs, but the Cowboys will run run run the ball which will run run run the clock. I expect Oklahoma State to get in the 40s, but a late TD by A&M will likely backdoor this one with the hook.Calling my shot: 38-20, A&M does enough to keep it respectable

L Boston College -8 @ NC State: I like BCs somewhat mobile QBs, and think they'll cover this spread. I like the BC defense more than NCState D, and there is a familiarity with what O'Brien will do. But, there just isn't enough talent on BC for me to take over a TD win with the line.

W FIU -7 @ North Texas (Thanks Phil Steele: North Texas and Rice were trading scores and it was just 28-20 in the 2Q but NT fumbled at their 19 setting up a Rice TD. After Rice’s first punt with 5:41 left in the 2Q, fumbled the punt setting up a 21 yd drive for a TD and they trailed 56-20 at the half. In the 3Q NT threw 2 int’s which were ret’d 13 and 40 yds for TD’s within a 1:28 span and it was 77-20 after 3Q’s with NT SOD twice and having a 6-0 TO deficit...Toledo jumped out to a 13-0 lead vs FIU and had 20-12 FD and 302-239 yd edges. Knowing that, you’re probably surprised that FIU won the game 35-16 thanks to a 4-0 TO edge)

L Maryland -14 @ Virginia (Afraid MD should roll and UVa decides to show up enough to lose by 10)
W Illinois +2 @ Michigan (couldn't pull the trigger, but think Illinois wins outright)
L Miami -2.5 vs Florida State (too many variables)
PUSH SMU +14 @ Central Florida (SMU isn't playing to win right now, but that offense can put them in any game. Think its a good play, but can't bet on a team that is playing for 2009)
W Texas Tech -7 @ Kansas State (trap game for Tech)

Last edited:
like a lot of those.

gl this week mort.

Interested in your thoughts on Boston College. I know ncstate is banged up but their defense is hard to run on and not sure BC has the horses to throw it on them and score enough to cover the number on the road.

yah i agree with you on the fact that the only play for me would be ok lite, but i think the aggies put 20 points.... since i dont think the defense in ok lite is that great.... and ok lite is great at running the ball which will run the clock quite a bit unless they take it to the house every time lol. Our defense against the run is swiss cheese and then it sets up for the pass to dez bryant so in either which way you look at it i expect ok lite to score score score. Im really looking at a play at the over.

yah i agree with you on the fact that the only play for me would be ok lite, but i think the aggies put 20 points.... since i dont think the defense in ok lite is that great.... and ok lite is great at running the ball which will run the clock quite a bit unless they take it to the house every time lol. Our defense against the run is swiss cheese and then it sets up for the pass to dez bryant so in either which way you look at it i expect ok lite to score score score. Im really looking at a play at the over.

My Oklahoma State source has told me that Gundy won't run up the score, if given the opportunity. He'll run clock in the second half if the game is out of reach. I'm not familiar with the over, but I think 42-20 is a very legit final prediction.

Like that USF play...

line has gotten too big for me eright now..gotta look more..

good thoughts though.

Ugh. Terrible. When I saw that ALL of CTG was on Pitt, I knew I was in trouble, but the money was already in.

Financially, I've had to pretty solid weeks back-to-back. Hoping that doesn't mean this is a "back to reality" weekend.

Ugh. Terrible. When I saw that ALL of CTG was on Pitt, I knew I was in trouble, but the money was already in.

Financially, I've had to pretty solid weeks back-to-back. Hoping that doesn't mean this is a "back to reality" weekend.

The thing that i found so strange was how FLAT usf seemed to play from start to finish. Sort of expected the ahlftime wake up call like vs kansas but it never came.

thanks for the inside info on gundy running it up this week.

gl MTFC

Get back on the Okie St. play bro. They are going to stomp a mudhole in Aggie. 300+ rushing yards easily in that contest.

I like the card and finally heard from Comcast my internet gets back on at the casa next week.

GL to you.

Get back on the Okie St. play bro. They are going to stomp a mudhole in Aggie. 300+ rushing yards easily in that contest.

I like the card and finally heard from Comcast my internet gets back on at the casa next week.

GL to you.

Actually, not on Oklahoma State. Got it on good terms that Gundy won't run up the score and has actually gameplanned to call off the dogs.

A&M is focusing on stopping Dez Bryant, so Kendall Hunter will be running the clock which will hurt Oklahoma State's chances of covering.

4-1-1 and for the day! Excellent! Most of the wins were blowouts, save for FLorida, which we UF backers NEVER should have won. When I saw Brantely come in, I knew we had a shot, as Meyer could say he wanted him to get reps.

When it looked like a lost cause, I put up another parlay to replace the big one with FLorida.

Sure enough, I went 3-1 to win 24 units and 4-1 to win 25 units. Both had A&M and the Aggies failed to score from the 17 at the end of the game (Howard Morrow dropped a TD pass).

GL to everyone and hope we all had a positive Saturday!

Back