Monday MLB Discussion

jesus don't fuck with halladay, he challenges you. 3rd time around i bet he starts throwing off speed stuff 1st pitch and makes some mariners look stupid. through 3 - 39 pitches - 30 strikes

still got some ball to be played BC...

will root for ya. you deserve it after that cards game somehow going over....

i went out to get some food and came back and saw they actually DID bring in hellman and he walked the bases loaded but cards couldnt get anything from it =/

hellman is usually a over backers gift... just sick with the amount of men LOB in the mets game so i hope you get this one.

i dont know if its lilly as much as another portrayal of how bad SF has been against LHSP as of late.....

hopefully the cubs put up the rest of their number by themselves.

i bet home teams minus 2 runs .. they were ahead by 23 runs at one point and now losing. hehe i suck.

i think you had a better shot with yabu in, but hopefully they can manufacture something here....

Didnt deserve to hit the Over that had 1 team shutout in and do basically nothing., shouldve hit the Over that had the loser manage double digits worth of baserunners, for 1 run.

Gotta love baseball.

I dont understand why anyone liked SF here . Did anyone look at there past few games vs LHSP ?

L4-1 @ A's vs Eveland
L4-1 @ Tribe vs Lee
W 4-1 @ Tribe vs Sowers
W 3-2 @ Tribe vs Laffey
L5-1 vs Det with Rogers

Why would anyone expect SF to even score 3 runs here ? Hell I am pissed cause I didnt pound instead adding a huge parlay with Cubs ML and under 8 which Sadler handed away. Walk the bases loaded and a GS ...nice .....At least some of you guys profited .....can I get a run or two @ LAA .....make up for it some.....

L4-1 @ A's vs Eveland
L4-1 @ Tribe vs Lee
W 4-1 @ Tribe vs Sowers
W 3-2 @ Tribe vs Laffey
L5-1 vs Det with Rogers

^^^4 away from home (theyre hitting .275 at home this season vs lefties) and the sole home game was an IL affair.

10, 4, 4, 11, 6, 8, 3, 8, 4 & 4 runs were their last 10 home totals vs NL lefties.

And Lilly is nobody's Cy Young wannabe.

Another great day ruined by the WEST COAST ! 12-2 start only to lose Milw , oak over 8 which was a huge fuck u , Cubs , Cubs Under parlay, Sea +1.5 and over ......should have hit at lest the CUbs -under parlay and Over @ Oak but I caught a ton of good ones early but gav them back late ......

Frustrating 13-7 easily could have been a huge 15-5 or 16-4 ....

4 away from home (theyre hitting .275 at home this season vs lefties) and the sole home game was an IL affair.

10, 4, 4, 11, 6, 8, 3 & 8 runs were their last 8 home totals vs NL lefties.

And Lilly is nobody's Cy Young wannabe.

Seriously if you dont think Lilly is a very good SP not sure I should even attempt to explain this . Ted Lilly is one of the better LHP in the NL . Not Cy Young material but not far off . He has become a very high quality SP since going to Chicago. Since his turnaround start in April vs Cincy he ahs been excellent . Again really not concerned with home totals when they havent hit LHP a lick in the past week or two. Not sure why your hyper focusing on home and away especially since SF has been terrible at home recently . At worst Ted Lilly is as good as Cliff Lee . Do you expect some sort of magic switch to turn on just because they are going home ? Granted I understand why we use splits but you cant look at 80 games or 40 games and look at those numbers as representative of current form .

Recent road trip vs LHSP
1 ,1 , 4 ,3
(Eveland , Lee , Sowers , Laffey )

Homestand before that vs LHSP
1 , 3 , 1
(Rogers , Eveland , G. Smith )

Thats 7 games since mid June vs LHSP and the 1 time they managed to crack 3 runs was vs the terrible Jeremy Sowers and he actually did well vs them by his standards . Thats 7 games and 14 TOTAL runs but they were going to hit Lilly ?

Going back to early June late May
10 runs vs Oliver Perez the most inconsistent P of the 08 season , 4 vs Wolf , 4 @ Zona vs Unit and 11 vs Doug Davis in his 2nd start after return from cancer .

So where is the indication SF would hit Lilly or any LHP?

I dont understand why trying to prove something that makes no sense . Your Over hit it was the correct play . I simply didnt expect SF to crack 2 runs unless it was a blowout late scoring type game . Cubs hung al 9 by themselves on 9 hits . It happens I was wrong about the total . Dont see how you can honestly think your going to imply SFG is hitting LHP well just because you see .275 at home. BAA doesnt equate to runs either .

Just not sure what to say....

Dont feel bad SN I profited a whole $26 dollars today

Not really complaining but the problem is if I go 12-2 to start and dont make a shitload well then what do I need to do to make alot? Go 15-1 ?

I am not bad only in the sense again had larger plays on the late games as my confidence soared and lost winnable plays . Oak stranded a ton of runners and pushes are fine as I also PUSHED over 8 @ STL. Only games I lost before Milw @ Zona were Mets ML and +1.5 Indians which hurt vug wise and almost pulled it out . Just the Push @ Oak or win Or Cubs to under parlay cashing would have made the day worthwhile ...

Just bitching outloud ....also pissed I didnt pound DET and CHICUBS like I mentioned at the beginning of this thread !

:shake:

Nut, I didnt expect Lilly to go for 5+, I didnt expect the Cubs to lose. I did expect Zito to blow goats. I took the Over instead of the Cubs ml because I equated a Cubs win with an Over result.

Those away games were also vs AL teams. San Fran has been blowing goats offensively recently against AL teams. We both know AL pitching is better than NL pitching generally speaking.
Prior to facing this series of AL games their offense had been functioning quite nicely (59 runs in 10 games) - is there any reason why one couldn't assume that having signed off their horrible IL form with an 11 run total, that their lineup was eager to get back to lesser NL pitching?

As I type they've climbed to 8 hits, 10+ baserunners & 2 runs for today, so while thats a measly run total it could easily have been twice as much given they've had the baserunners there. My bet was predicated on their funk ending (& contributing to this Over) with IL play ending.

Nut, I didnt expect Lilly to go for 5+, I didnt expect the Cubs to lose. I did expect Zito to blow goats. I took the Over instead of the Cubs ml because I equated a Cubs win with an Over result.

Those away games were also vs AL teams. San Fran has been blowing goats offensively recently against AL teams. We both know AL pitching is better than NL pitching generally speaking.
Prior to facing this series of AL games their offense had been functioning quite nicely (59 runs in 10 games) - is there any reason why one couldn't assume that having signed off their horrible IL form with an 11 run total, that their lineup was eager to get back to lesser NL pitching?

As I type they've climbed to 8 hits, 10+ baserunners & 2 runs for today, so while thats a measly run total it could easily have been twice as much given they've had the baserunners there. My bet was predicated on their funk ending (& contributing to this Over) with IL play ending.

I hear ya BC. I didnt say anything about your play though . I was on the fence myself . All I was saying was I didnt understand why anyone saw value in SF . I apologize if I came across as knocking your total play but I was not commenting on you . Just catching up on the thread and saw a few SF leans or plays . I am pissed at myself more then anything for nailing a game and losing 1/2 unit . This one of the first games I mentioned yesterday .

I really dont see how Dana Eveland and Greg Smith (ex NL prospects ) are better then Ted Lilly . The only guy the faced on Ted Lilly's level is Cliff Lee . I dont agree with lesser pitching and not sure why you think that . Ted Lilly is better then everyone they faced and he probably had the best result 5 hits and 2 walks through 8 innings . Once the game is 9-0 its a blowout . If its 5-0 different game. You dont bring your closer into a 9-0 game they never pitch well in those non save situations. Really though I wasnt knocking your play by any means . I basically got what I expected outside of the walks and GS in the 8th. I knew SFG pen was a risk . Zito skews things because he always alot of alot runners via walk and hit but few Hrs keeping his run total from corresponding.

Really there offense has not functioned for along time . Which goes back to yesterdays discussion . Maybe they did scored 59 runs in 10 games but did they do it consistently or in large chunks followed by next to nothing? Who did they do it versus ? Things like that weigh just as much IMO. I look back and dont see much of anyting for weeks now. They played @ Col and @ Wash the previous trip and did very little except for spurts . They faced guys like Clippard and Mock @ Wash and starnded runner after runner scoring 9 times in 2 games . They put up 6-0 when Hill started except it all came late and off the bullpen. Col same deal shutout by Jiminez , they get blasted vs Cook and tack on some late runs to get to 5 . Look at previous homestands Mets and SD they score 4 runs or less in 4 of 6 . Before that 8 of 11 at home they scored 4 or less. Its been a long while since they hit consistenly even at home.

Just arguing my points as I said by no means I did I comment on your play . Simply the weakness of SFG vs LHP recently :shake:

It's all good .....:cheers:

Back