Monday MLB Discussion Thread

Sort of like Philly tt over today. Newcomb with command issues, and I think the Phillies can be patient enough to work him.

Anyone have thoughts on how Grey pitching this year? His velo down several ticks, I dunno if that just a early season thing or a real problem? (I’m trying to find game by game and seeing if it increasing or continues to be in the 93-94 range?), swinging strikes way down leading to his strikeouts way way down. His babip has been insanely low, some of that gotta be luck cause his hard hit rate is higher than normal, guys are making contact on more pitches outside the zone which obviously will help your babip. They also making more contact inside the zone but swinging less often. For some reason he seems to be throwing way more change ups and it not rating as a good pitch for him so not sure the logic there? He gonna have to get his k’s up, no way he can live on a low babip at coors imo.

Ray on the other hand I think his stuff has looked much better than the results but Rox have straight up crushed him over the years. He getting no ground balls which is def worrisome at coors! Of Rox main bats story has been the “worst” against Ray and he sporting a .887 ops vs him!

This game has huge crooked numbers written all over it I think!

Manaea continues to look like something not right to me. Of course Teheran nothing special, this gonna turn into a pen game awfully quick which obviously favors Oakland in a big way. If we can get this to the pens tied -120 a great price to be on The red hot A’s.

Manaea continues to look like something not right to me. Of course Teheran nothing special, this gonna turn into a pen game awfully quick which obviously favors Oakland in a big way. If we can get this to the pens tied -120 a great price to be on The red hot A’s.
Feel like he rushed back no? If memory serves me correct, he came back during the playoffs and didn’t look right

Ray on the other hand I think his stuff has looked much better than the results but Rox have straight up crushed him over the years. He getting no ground balls which is def worrisome at coors! Of Rox main bats story has been the “worst” against Ray and he sporting a .887 ops vs him!

This game has huge crooked numbers written all over it I think!
Will likely be on the over.

Feel like he rushed back no? If memory serves me correct, he came back during the playoffs and didn’t look right

I’ll trust your memory on it over mine cause I don’t recall at all. Lol

For as much I been fading him and bad mouthing him there actually some encouraging signs. His babip way high but his soft contact and hard contact rates better than last year. His strand rate been redic low. Those things should balance out some. He not walking anyone and his k rate not far off his norm. He might be closer to getting on track than ive previously thought. Even if he stinks it up he get the quick hook and A’s pen should stabilize things quickly. Can’t imagine Teheran gonna go more than 5 which leaves lot of halo’s bad pen vs A’s fantastic pen. -120 feels cheap.

McCullers been pretty awful vs some lineups that otherwise hadn’t been hitting much before facing him.

Much better at home. And the DBacks hitting him was very predictable. They are one of the best lefty hitting teams and McCullers splits make him pretty much like a lefty.

Looks like “sharps” taking a stand with Angels tonight. Just don’t think I can do it. Not a fan of either starter and that pen is brutal. Also, A’s just find ways to win - as teams in long win streaks often do

Looks like “sharps” taking a stand with Angels tonight. Just don’t think I can do it. Not a fan of either starter and that pen is brutal. Also, A’s just find ways to win - as teams in long win streaks often do

Kinda like they took stands with mariners the 1st 2 games of Rox series. Lol. I’ll happily take A’s at that price with that pen advantage even if I don’t trust Manaea

Really don’t love the card, which is typical on smaller card Mondays. Took a Nola/McCullers parlay and that’s it for me on the night.

Really don’t love the card, which is typical on smaller card Mondays. Took a Nola/McCullers parlay and that’s it for me on the night.

Same here, never been a big fan of Monday’s and I didn’t see much either. So far just the 2 I mentioned, over at coors and riding the Oakland train.

Man-turd said today it would be “challenging” for cards to play 60 games!! Lol, no shit pal? We have played 5 and will still have played 5 when other teams 1/3 way thru their schedules!! Lmao.

How the heck does Seattle go from small favs in 2 of 3 vs Rox to rangers being -180 with Gibson starting?? Not that I like Seattle just seems incredibly curious some these lines we been seeing!

Anyone have thoughts on how Grey pitching this year? His velo down several ticks, I dunno if that just a early season thing or a real problem? (I’m trying to find game by game and seeing if it increasing or continues to be in the 93-94 range?), swinging strikes way down leading to his strikeouts way way down. His babip has been insanely low, some of that gotta be luck cause his hard hit rate is higher than normal, guys are making contact on more pitches outside the zone which obviously will help your babip. They also making more contact inside the zone but swinging less often. For some reason he seems to be throwing way more change ups and it not rating as a good pitch for him so not sure the logic there? He gonna have to get his k’s up, no way he can live on a low babip at coors imo.

velocity down is never a good thing and is never intentional

Gray's spin rate is also down. Less movement in his pitches. Those are bad signs. I think I remember Gray going through a phase like this before with terrible results.

Gray's spin rate is also down. Less movement in his pitches. Those are bad signs. I think I remember Gray going through a phase like this before with terrible results.

Thers a lot of bad looking signs for him that for sure. Since I bet the over 11.5 he will go 5-6 scoreless tonight, lol.

I dunno what not right about it? I’ve seen plenty of guys take a few games to get their velo back up to typical numbers. I dunno if that be the case with grey but not unusual.

i'm not sure you have

Verlander is the only pitcher i can remember who intentionally worked up his velocity in a start from the beginning to end. I'm not even sure he does that anymore because it's not smart / that's why everybody is a max effort pitcher now. Nobody is intentionally reducing velocity, it's almost always a sign of injury

i'm not sure you have

Verlander is the only pitcher i can remember who intentionally worked up his velocity in a start from the beginning to end. I'm not even sure he does that anymore because it's not smart / that's why everybody is a max effort pitcher now. Nobody is intentionally reducing velocity, it's almost always a sign of injury

Whatever you say.

Boom. Cash the coors over!!!

Oak/laa shaping up pretty much how I figured worse case would be, Manaea still sucking, Teheran sucks, gonna be a pen battle so don’t feel bad on Oakland.

I even ended up using McCullers in some dfs, dunno how any my lineups doing but he was a good pick! Lol

Back