Monday MLB Discussion Thread

Sort of surprising or am I missing something. What „load management“ needs to happen in a 60 game season? Or maybe it‘s the heat? Doesn‘t seem to reflect an anomalous proportion of bad starter performances. I‘ve noticed at least some teams be more aggressive in general in terms of taking out higher-endurance pitchers sooner. Like Newcomb only went 3 innings wtf?

Glasnow was a late arrival to camp due to positive test - couldn't get his hammer curve over and was struggling with location overall in his final tuneup. Folty got hammered in his tuneup and was only registering 90 on the gun, but blamed it on the elements. Don't like going over in the Trop but thinking at least one of the two implodes.

Why would they postpone the Yankees/Phillies game because Marlins players tested positive? They said the clubhouse was fumigated 3 times already, so what in the hell are they doing? It’s not just hanging out in the room anyway, so this seems like a bit of an overreaction.

Why would they postpone the Yankees/Phillies game because Marlins players tested positive? They said the clubhouse was fumigated 3 times already, so what in the hell are they doing? It’s not just hanging out in the room anyway, so this seems like a bit of an overreaction.
Maybe waiting for Phillies players test results?

Maybe waiting for Phillies players test results?
Also to keep the visitors safe. A lot of the visitor club room staff were in contact and I believe some were infected and all were tested. It’s just to help limit any potential spread if the virus is still active there. I think..

Also to keep the visitors safe. A lot of the visitor club room staff were in contact and I believe some were infected and all were tested. It’s just to help limit any potential spread if the virus is still active there. I think..
I read it was fumigated three times already.

Also, do you guys think the players tunes change now about the bubble? They were adamantly against it but we can see it works with nba and so far the nhl.. no season, no pay.

I get it as far as the people go, but the virus isn’t going to be active in a clubhouse days later...especially after being fumigated 3 times. The Yankees also said they were going to bring their own clubhouse guys so they didn’t have to worry about coming in contact with the Phillies’ staff who may have it or whatever.

I guess you can never be too safe? No clue tbh, but if they err on the side of caution and the season gets extended but played cause of this I am okay with the postponement of that game, like a rain out game.

Agreed, to a certain extent. But they just want to be safe, I get that. At some point though, actual science and common sense needs to play a role in decision making.

FYI. About 4200 tests were taken during phase 3 of nhl and 0 positive tests. These guys, are all on the way to the hub cities and hopefully it stays that way.

Agreed, to a certain extent. But they just want to be safe, I get that. At some point though, actual science and common sense needs to play a role in decision making.
I mean that’s the hope, but if that’s our objective we shouldn’t have sports. The country as a whole hasn’t done its due diligence compared to other countries. I mean Italy was a hub and after the measures they took serie A had less than 10 cases in their return to play I believe.

Think I may play DBacks this afternoon. Looking at Cubs, White Sox/Tribe Over, Braves/Rays Over later

Sort of surprising or am I missing something. What „load management“ needs to happen in a 60 game season? Or maybe it‘s the heat? Doesn‘t seem to reflect an anomalous proportion of bad starter performances. I‘ve noticed at least some teams be more aggressive in general in terms of taking out higher-endurance pitchers sooner. Like Newcomb only went 3 innings wtf?

Wtf happened with Snell? I know he labored but 2 innings and 46 pitches it? Did he get hurt?

Also, do you guys think the players tunes change now about the bubble? They were adamantly against it but we can see it works with nba and so far the nhl.. no season, no pay.

Wasn’t Kershaw one the biggest naysayers about the bubble? Pretty sure he said he wouldn’t play, he doesn’t play anyways!

Think I saw something before the game saying he would only pitch a couple innings

Ah, I guess I should have done more due diligence, I got a late start to capping them yesterday and was firing right before 1st pitches! I lucked out and still cashed the Ff under.

I mean that’s the hope, but if that’s our objective we shouldn’t have sports. The country as a whole hasn’t done its due diligence compared to other countries. I mean Italy was a hub and after the measures they took serie A had less than 10 cases in their return to play I believe.

We’ve done plenty, and in fact are down the list (currently 8th) as far as deaths per million population. If you listen to the MSM you’d think we haven’t done a good job compared to other countries, but that’s just simply not true.

Can we keep the discussion thread bout the games we do have! :)

I like halos Ff -.5 +130. Canning looked healthy his last warmup game going 6 scoreless vs pads. He has a 17-2 k/bb ratio vs this lineup and think this park plays well for his fly ball style.

I also lean Ff u5, after looking more closely agree with GWarner that halo lineup isn’t all that strong especially on days ohtani isn’t hitting which I assume he sits day after he pitches? With him and Rendon in the lineup it not bad at all but without both those 2 it isn’t very long at all. Bassist should be able to navigate it with a friendly ump calling balls and strikes.

Ah, I guess I should have done more due diligence, I got a late start to capping them yesterday and was firing right before 1st pitches! I lucked out and still cashed the Ff under.
Ya they said he wasn’t right before the start of the season and were going to limit him 2-4 innings. Jays were told to work counts early, didn’t matter FG

Can we keep the discussion thread bout the games we do have! :)

I like halos Ff -.5 +130. Canning looked healthy his last warmup game going 6 scoreless vs pads. He has a 17-2 k/bb ratio vs this lineup and think this park plays well for his fly ball style.

I also lean Ff u5, after looking more closely agree with GWarner that halo lineup isn’t all that strong especially on days ohtani isn’t hitting which I assume he sits day after he pitches? With him and Rendon in the lineup it not bad at all but without both those 2 it isn’t very long at all. Bassist should be able to navigate it with a friendly ump calling balls and strikes.
Haven’t had a chance to check weather, but shadows should come into play right?

Haven’t had a chance to check weather, but shadows should come into play right?

I’m not sure on this time start in oak? Might be later in game than start where sun should basically be straight down on field right?

The snakes/pads game I think be same thing as shadows will start creeping in as game goes. Think they started few hours later on Saturday and the shadows were bad the 1st 2 innings.

Snakes +112.

Zona was among the better lefty hitting teams last season, the offense finally broke thru and got some runs off the pads pen which they have actually scored most their runs off pads pen this series as the starters have dominated them. I think they will get on the board earlier in this one. Weaver another former cardinal pitcher I think In line to have a good season.

Snakes +112.

Zona was among the better lefty hitting teams last season, the offense finally broke thru and got some runs off the pads pen which they have actually scored most their runs off pads pen this series as the starters have dominated them. I think they will get on the board earlier in this one. Weaver another former cardinal pitcher I think In line to have a good season.

Probably no Yates today as well

Interesting Angels pen so bad they favored -115 first 5 and basically +110 game

Same with snakes although I don’t understand that one as much considering I think their pen decent, thus far have had better swings off pads pen than starters, and probably no Yates for pads, so I went ahead and took the plus money on zona full game. I do think snakes will finally get to one of pads starters today tho, they were top 5 in majors in ops vs lefties last season. I’d like to think the 4 runs they got in 8th-9th yesterday will hopefully springboard the offense pads starters have been dominating this series.

Atl/Tampa Ff u4 +105

Never really know what the hell im gonna get from folty but think he can navigate rays lineup a couple times around. On same note not real sure how many innings glastnow will go but i do know trying to hit his stuff will be a culture shock from teeing off on that bum porcello and muts middle relief yesterday.

If any team equipped to deal with the starter leaving early it rays pen who the king of the open game. They did have to deal with that yesterday but they didn’t use few the guys I’d expect be ready here if needed.

Back