Monday Discussion

Blue_Chip

Money Addict
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="90%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR class=TrLeague align=middle><TD colSpan=8>NBA - Dec 10</TD></TR><TR class=TrBanner align=middle><TD colSpan=8>NBA BASKETBALL</TD></TR><TR class=TrBanner align=middle><TD colSpan=8>MONDAY, DECEMBER 10TH</TD></TR><TR class=TrGameOdd><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left>Dec 10</TD><TD>701</TD><TD align=left colSpan=2>ATL HAWKS</TD><TD align=right>+9½-110<INPUT type=checkbox value=0_NBA_177381_0_9.5_-110 name=text_></TD><TD align=right>o194-110<INPUT type=checkbox value=2_NBA_177381_0_-194_-110 name=text_></TD><TD align=right></TD></TR><TR class=TrGameOdd><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left>4:05 PM</TD><TD>702</TD><TD align=left colSpan=2>ORL MAGIC</TD><TD align=right>-9½-110<INPUT type=checkbox value=1_NBA_177381_0_-9.5_-110 name=text_></TD><TD align=right>u194-110<INPUT type=checkbox value=3_NBA_177381_0_194_-110 name=text_></TD><TD align=right></TD></TR><TR class=TrGameEven><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left>Dec 10</TD><TD>703</TD><TD align=left colSpan=2>HOU ROCKETS</TD><TD align=right>-6½-110<INPUT type=checkbox value=0_NBA_177382_0_-6.5_-110 name=text_></TD><TD align=right>o181½-110<INPUT type=checkbox value=2_NBA_177382_0_-181.5_-110 name=text_></TD><TD align=right>-270<INPUT type=checkbox value=4_NBA_177382_0_0_-270 name=text_></TD></TR><TR class=TrGameEven><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left>4:05 PM</TD><TD>704</TD><TD align=left colSpan=2>PHI 76ERS</TD><TD align=right>+6½-110<INPUT type=checkbox value=1_NBA_177382_0_6.5_-110 name=text_></TD><TD align=right>u181½-110<INPUT type=checkbox value=3_NBA_177382_0_181.5_-110 name=text_></TD><TD align=right>+220<INPUT type=checkbox value=5_NBA_177382_0_0_220 name=text_></TD></TR><TR class=TrGameOdd><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left>Dec 10</TD><TD>705</TD><TD align=left colSpan=2>DAL MAVERICKS</TD><TD align=right>-8½-110<INPUT type=checkbox value=0_NBA_177383_0_-8.5_-110 name=text_></TD><TD align=right>o200½-110<INPUT type=checkbox value=2_NBA_177383_0_-200.5_-110 name=text_></TD><TD align=right></TD></TR><TR class=TrGameOdd><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left>4:35 PM</TD><TD>706</TD><TD align=left colSpan=2>NY KNICKS</TD><TD align=right>+8½-110<INPUT type=checkbox value=1_NBA_177383_0_8.5_-110 name=text_></TD><TD align=right>u200½-110<INPUT type=checkbox value=3_NBA_177383_0_200.5_-110 name=text_></TD><TD align=right></TD></TR><TR class=TrGameEven><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left>Dec 10</TD><TD>707</TD><TD align=left colSpan=2>MIA HEAT</TD><TD align=right>+11½-110<INPUT type=checkbox value=0_NBA_177384_0_11.5_-110 name=text_></TD><TD align=right>o215½-110<INPUT type=checkbox value=2_NBA_177384_0_-215.5_-110 name=text_></TD><TD align=right></TD></TR><TR class=TrGameEven><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left>6:05 PM</TD><TD>708</TD><TD align=left colSpan=2>PHO SUNS</TD><TD align=right>-11½-110<INPUT type=checkbox value=1_NBA_177384_0_-11.5_-110 name=text_></TD><TD align=right>u215½-110<INPUT type=checkbox value=3_NBA_177384_0_215.5_-110 name=text_></TD><TD align=right></TD></TR><TR class=TrGameOdd><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left>Dec 10</TD><TD>709</TD><TD align=left colSpan=2>MIL BUCKS</TD><TD align=right>+5-110<INPUT type=checkbox value=0_NBA_177385_0_5_-110 name=text_></TD><TD align=right>o199-110<INPUT type=checkbox value=2_NBA_177385_0_-199_-110 name=text_></TD><TD align=right>+170<INPUT type=checkbox value=4_NBA_177385_0_0_170 name=text_></TD></TR><TR class=TrGameOdd><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left>7:05 PM</TD><TD>710</TD><TD align=left colSpan=2>SAC KINGS</TD><TD align=right>-5-110<INPUT type=checkbox value=1_NBA_177385_0_-5_-110 name=text_></TD><TD align=right>u199-110<INPUT type=checkbox value=3_NBA_177385_0_199_-110 name=text_></TD><TD align=right>-200<INPUT type=checkbox value=5_NBA_177385_0_0_-200 name=text_></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I wanted to re-open the discussion on Monday's games because I am scratching my head on a few.

I was set to bet Phoenix, but then rod said he is going to jinx them tonight by attending the game. Then, I began thinking that Miami would have trouble keeping up with Phoenix (scoring-wise), but then Killa recommended the over, so now I am thoroughly confused on this game.

I can make a case for taking the Bucks and the points and a case for the Kings as home faves, so I'd like the forum to opine on this game.

GL tonight everyone...

My one lean is the Hawks plus the points, but like BAR I always lean that way. The Hawks are currently in the 7th spot by the way. I think their wings match up well. If the Knicks dont cover that spread at home (meaning a blow out) it will be a bigger mess in the NY media..

I like the over 194 in that Atl/Orl game. Like you said about the Hawks wings, they will put up points and I see Orl keeping pace.

i'm brining my degenerate ass over here for the day. no cbb to bet means I have to follow some if you for some nba winners

Stephon Marbury is leaning toward not playing Monday night against Dallas because he believes he came back too soon after the death of his father, Donald Marbury Sr., on Thursday.

Marbury, who played ineffectively Friday and Saturday, missed practice on Sunday and may need several more days to grieve his father's death. Bench Marbury for now, and consider benching most of his teammates, as the team continues to struggle. Jamal Crawford would likely start at point guard in Marbury's stead, while Fred Jones could get the start at shooting guard. Despite the disastrous season, owner James Dolan gave Isiah Thomas a vote of confidence on Sunday.

Before anybody pulls the trigger on Houston take a look at the boxscore from the last time they met.

:cheers:

whats the opinion on the Suns -11.5 tonight? Miami's 4th game in 5 days?

I like the Suns. I believe JP is playing them at -10.5. rod claims that he jinxes the Suns whenever he attends the games, so that is the only reason of caution here, but other than that, I see no reason why Phoenix shouldn't blow them out of the water tonight.

i'm brining my degenerate ass over here for the day. no cbb to bet means I have to follow some if you for some nba winners
Nice signature :down2: Instead of betting on the NBA tonight, use that money to purchase a couple tickets to South Carolinas bowl game :36_11_6:

Nice signature :down2: Instead of betting on the NBA tonight, use that money to purchase a couple tickets to South Carolinas bowl game :36_11_6:

ahhh it doesn't stop does it.

who won heads up again between the hedges? thats what I thought

the bucks/kings total moved a good bit. kind of surprised to see the line move down with the bucks on a b2b of an OT and playing 5/7, even if the kings are without that Kevin Martin

aw snap! here we go... dawgs vs. cocks

abcs, are you going to the sugar bowl?

Part of my reinstation is that i cant talk football, I don't think this is classified as football, since I am not predicting outcomes, merely talking about vacation plans. i havent decided yet. I've been to the 504 before for the sugar bowl back when chrissy rix was qb. I do love bowl season and usually make the games but I might just head to atlanta and hang out with the rednecks for the peach bowl :cheers:

Part of my reinstation is that i cant talk football, I don't think this is classified as football, since I am not predicting outcomes, merely talking about vacation plans. i havent decided yet. I've been to the 504 before for the sugar bowl back when chrissy rix was qb. I do love bowl season and usually make the games but I might just head to atlanta and hang out with the rednecks for the peach bowl :cheers:

LMAO

The best part is Brian is calling out ETG for his signature...the one Brian had for several weeks was 10 time worse:36_11_6:

of course it was,

he has nightmares reliving the events of 9/8 when I told him all summer what would happen

Does anyone actually think that overtime the day before makes that big of deal when capping a game? I would like to see stats on this. I just don't think 5 extra minutes of basketball is that important. I mean lets say I hoop 2 days in a row at the gym and that one additional game doesn't mean the next day I won't be able to come out there and put 40 on ya..

BAR, you showed up, let's hear some thoughts. Still leaning Kings? Reignite your liking of the Suns tonight?
Still lean on both. Just han't made the cut yet. I ran out of capping time anyway so not going to force anything. Few possibles tomorrow.

just more of the fact that they are playing 5/7, the OT is just a little sugar on top? they were also up 4 with 59 seconds left... didnt score a single point for the last 2:28 in OT, just a bad loss is why I think it takes a little toll on them mentally/emotionally whatever you want to think

Does anyone actually think that overtime the day before makes that big of deal when capping a game? I would like to see stats on this. I just don't think 5 extra minutes of basketball is that important. I mean lets say I hoop 2 days in a row at the gym and that one additional game doesn't mean the next day I won't be able to come out there and put 40 on ya..

its more of the mental edge. 2 things can happen. Bucks could be devastated by the loss and move on to put the heat on the Kings or they could still have that loss lingering on the back of their heads.

These fellas have to be in tip top shape so i'm not concerned about physical fatigue but more so the mental and psychological fatigue.

its more of the mental edge. 2 things can happen. Bucks could be devastated by the loss and move on to put the heat on the Kings or they could still have that loss lingering on the back of their heads.

These fellas have to be in tip top shape so i'm not concerned about physical fatigue but more so the mental and psychological fatigue.

nicely put

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...avs/stories/121007dnspomavsshort.29ec90b.html

"We have some areas we want to zero in on," coach Avery Johnson said. "And where we're starting is transition defense. And I thought overall our transition defense was pretty good [Saturday]. But our halfcourt defense was spotty. And the times it was really good, Deron Williams or [Carlos] Boozer found a way to score on us."

"We got to get better defensively. Offensively, we had a great game. Josh was phenomenal. But we can't keep giving up 120 points at home. So we got some work to do, especially if we want to win on the road."

Back