Monday Discussion Thread

Taj can’t locate for shit, something ain’t right with him, he was throwing bb’s for 2 months then all a sudden he turns back into a pumpkin?

I’d bet anything won’t be long til we hear he missing a start for arm or back tightness. That one thing bout the nfl and nba, At least they required to be up front about injuries. You gonna partake in the gambling profits you should be forced to play by certain rules!

Gavin Stone 7ks through 3

My guy Cannon worried me a bit in that 5th, he almost did the only thing that get him yanked, not being able to finish inning! Like clockwork tho they sent him back out to pitch 6th anyways. I noticed that seems to be a pattern w him, I assume chisox prob feel better letting him pitch another inning then starting to march out their shit relievers sooner than they have to! Or they just don’t care, lol Ether way made for a money bet! Good call with Harrison k’s.

I’m so mad these pricks moved kings k’s up to 6.5 a few starts ago. He capable of 7+ but he has to be on his A game. He was a lock to fan 6 even when he not at his best like tonight. Shit was Kings fault tho, he starting doing that shit I hate where he couldn’t just cash and chill! He had fo shade showing off with redic ganes. Hate when my guys do that! lol.. I never have the stones to fade once the number and price go up, for some reason I hate under props despite loving under totals?

I guess shame on me for not just fading Rigers, once again the Ff tt against him cashes and he out game before going 5, he is so awful. Dunno how they same ppl who drafted all these good players for o’s thought trading for this bum would help them out,??? At least Eflin knows how to pitch and can eat innings for them, he ain’t gonna move needle on playoffs but he has value, rogers has none! Really don’t get why they keep sitting on all their prospects instead of sacking up and going for it?
I think the O's window for opportunity is not just for this year, and they are being selectively cautious on giving up too much value and getting off key prospects for the future. Elias admittedly doesn't have a strong suit for drafting pitchers, so they have focused more on position players and that has been very successful for them. I liked the trade for Eflin, he has shown improvement in the K ratio and doesn't walk too many guys. Seems to me his better years are in front of him. Agree w you on Rogers though his walks are a real problem.

I think the O's window for opportunity is not just for this year, and they are being selectively cautious on giving up too much value and getting off key prospects for the future. Elias admittedly doesn't have a strong suit for drafting pitchers, so they have focused more on position players and that has been very successful for them. I liked the trade for Eflin, he has shown improvement in the K ratio and doesn't walk too many guys. Seems to me his better years are in front of him. Agree w you on Rogers though his walks are a real problem.

I’m not really suggesting they had to go all in for this season, they should have a huge window that actually opened earlier than they expected i think cause all these kids been so great so fast. I just think they have such a surplus of bats I dunno where they gonna have spots for? they coulda pushed a couple chips in cause this 2nd year in a row they pretty much punted. I don’t hate getting Eflin, I’m sure it bummed cardinals out cause I have no doubt they were targeting him as he very much their kinda guy, I’m not sure he a huge difference maker in playoffs but he is more than useful to not only eat innings but give ya a chance to win the game anytime he takes the mound.

3-4 years ago i liked Rogers but he has never gotten better, the walks awful but just as bad once he starts w the walks his only answer is pretty much throwing it right down the middle! He has 0 control it seems and at this point I dunno it ever happen? Whatever they gave up for him was too much! Lol

I dunno if they traded for a pen guy? That really what I thought they needed to do cause imo nobody winning a WS w Kimbrel as closer, but the other day they were up 4-0 on Boston and I took little flyer on Sox live thinking maybe they get to face Kimbrel then who knows, Sox got 1 in 8th so it was 3 run game but much to my disappointment they didn’t put Kimbrel in the 9th. Did they decide to go with someone else on team? I didn’t think they dealt for a closer? If they have another answer that doesn’t include Kimbrel in high leverage and/or closing in playoffs I’m not as mad at them, just think they really wasting a opportunity to win a ring this year if they go into playoffs w Kimbrel as closer.

I’m not really suggesting they had to go all in for this season, they should have a huge window that actually opened earlier than they expected i think cause all these kids been so great so fast. I just think they have such a surplus of bats I dunno where they gonna have spots for? they coulda pushed a couple chips in cause this 2nd year in a row they pretty much punted. I don’t hate getting Eflin, I’m sure it bummed cardinals out cause I have no doubt they were targeting him as he very much their kinda guy, I’m not sure he a huge difference maker in playoffs but he is more than useful to not only eat innings but give ya a chance to win the game anytime he takes the mound.

3-4 years ago i liked Rogers but he has never gotten better, the walks awful but just as bad once he starts w the walks his only answer is pretty much throwing it right down the middle! He has 0 control it seems and at this point I dunno it ever happen? Whatever they gave up for him was too much! Lol

I dunno if they traded for a pen guy? That really what I thought they needed to do cause imo nobody winning a WS w Kimbrel as closer, but the other day they were up 4-0 on Boston and I took little flyer on Sox live thinking maybe they get to face Kimbrel then who knows, Sox got 1 in 8th so it was 3 run game but much to my disappointment they didn’t put Kimbrel in the 9th. Did they decide to go with someone else on team? I didn’t think they dealt for a closer? If they have another answer that doesn’t include Kimbrel in high leverage and/or closing in playoffs I’m not as mad at them, just think they really wasting a opportunity to win a ring this year if they go into playoffs w Kimbrel as closer.
They traded for Seranthony Dominguez from Phils and G. Soto from Phils. Dominguez is essentially the closer now, but I think in mix and match situations they may still use Kimbrel.

They traded for Seranthony Dominguez from Phils and G. Soto from Phils. Dominguez is essentially the closer now, but I think in mix and match situations they may still use Kimbrel.

That’s right I do recall Dominguez, remember thinking it was an odd plan to want all the guys who blew the nlcs for Phillies last year! Lol.

That’s right I do recall Dominguez, remember thinking it was an odd plan to want all the guys who blew the nlcs for Phillies last year! Lol.
I was high on Dominguez for a while, thinking he would be the Phillies closer but his lack of control ended up hurting him. I do think he has a very live arm though, and maybe the Orioles can work on his command to get him more efficient. The Phillies have so many good bullpen guys I guess they could afford to trade off some of them. Strahm Hoffman and Kerkering have all really been good this year and Alvarado was pretty good early but then faded and they went out and got Estevez.

I was high on Dominguez for a while, thinking he would be the Phillies closer but his lack of control ended up hurting him. I do think he has a very live arm though, and maybe the Orioles can work on his command to get him more efficient. The Phillies have so many good bullpen guys I guess they could afford to trade off some of them. Strahm Hoffman and Kerkering have all really been good this year and Alvarado was pretty good early but then faded and they went out and got Estevez.

yea I used to like him also, I just got pretty bitter at Phillies manager, Kimbrel, and Dominguez after that trio pretty much fucked my Philly WS future in last year nlcs! Lol

I’m sure they got him for a lot less than pads gave up for marlins closer and even tho that guy been unhittable he not exactly a model of control walking like 4 per 9 I think, that stuff scares me in the playoffs! Walks late in close games tend to cost ya those games!

Back