Monday Discussion Thread

Shit you wouldn’t even see me at the park half the time! If I bothered showing up I’d probably play but actually getting me there every day? Not likely.
Lmao. One time in high school this girl wanted to drive me home while my mom was away to go back to my house and you know...so I faked an arm injury to the coach while warming up and he let me leave

Rafa Devers is 25

So I was wrong on that too, but I do know everyone around here says they're burning down Fenway if he doesn't get the bag. Same way they say if Jaylen gets traded for Durant we burn down the Garden lol

The bag ain’t the problem it the years they want. I don’t think most these teams have a problem handing out fat per year money, but for guys in their prime, you start getting broken down Mfers you still owe 100s of millions to for 3-4 years of 100 games .750 ops and you not winning shit.

Lmao. One time in high school this girl wanted to drive me home while my mom was away to go back to my house and you know...so I faked an arm injury to the coach while warming up and he let me leave

Pussy is def why I stopped caring bout sports. Stupid short term goals instead of waiting and getting more higher quality Pusey had I focused!

The bag ain’t the problem it the years they want. I don’t think most these teams have a problem handing out fat per year money, but for guys in their prime, you start getting broken down Mfers you still owe 100s of millions to for 3-4 years of 100 games .750 ops and you not winning shit.
Only problem like I always say is John Henry is a Piece of you know what. So much money and won't spend it.

We also hate LeBron ever more here now because he owns part of the Sox and they let Mookie go

Only problem like I always say is John Henry is a Piece of you know what. So much money and won't spend it.

We also hate LeBron ever more here now because he owns part of the Sox and they let Mookie go

Yea, im sure that stung but dodgers gave him 12 years when he was already 27ish! What the last 4-5 years of that gonna look like? He might age well, I dunno. It hurt when we lost Albert but I was glad we didht give him the years, it such a huge risk and you fucked if you end up w couple guys making 30+ a year and not that dude for several of those years.

Actually went to this place with a buddy the other day where they show what you're throwing, I started off at around 77 and was like welp I've lost it, but around pitch 10 I got to 91. Then pitch 17 I maxed out at 94. Not bad. Arm was completely screwed up though next day

Yea, im sure that stung but dodgers gave him 12 years when he was already 27ish! What the last 4-5 years of that gonna look like? He might age well, I dunno. It hurt when we lost Albert but I was glad we didht give him the years, it such a huge risk and you fucked if you end up w couple guys making 30+ a year and not that dude for several of those years.
Pooholes contract was classic Arte Moreno

That wouldn’t be much different than yanks giving judge 10 years, they gotta play hardball, let him hit the market, nobody but the rangers or angels be dumb enough to give him 10 years!! If he wants to go waste away for a extra 5 years let him!

Ut oh @2daBank the sheriff is in here

But ya I'm a lefty and can throw smoke

One time I was playing center, but between innings I walked to the mound and threw a ball as hard as I could and the ump said I had to stay in as a pitcher. Lmfao during an all star game. Coach was so mad, so was I. I wasn't warmed up or anything and let's just say, it didn't go well

But as I've said on here before nothing will ever top me diving for a ball and then throwing a kid out at second tagging with an absolute laser.

The things you remember as being a kid playing sports

owners gotta draw the line at 35ish for the huge money imo, if they gonna test for ped’s you be dumb to give guys deals that have you paying them 30+ a year at 36-37-38, I don’t recall many guys putting up .900+ ops seasons at those ages without juice.

Why these Mfers even want to play when they 38-40? If you can make 200 mil by your early 30s be happy!! If you still dying to play you can start taking shorter deals!! I get everything is ducking expensive now but you still don’t need more than that!!

Unless maybe they want to make a play for Devers? We will bring tiki torches to the Bronx if they try that

Yanks still paying stanton for 5 more years, I guarantee that not gonna go well for them! He already broken down-ish!!

Devers maybe 10 years $300 million?

EDIT - though I'm still concerned with that Sportscenter interview

Taking another TT shot with a good-hitting team vs lefties--the Phillies--against the 34-yo trash lefty for the Reds Mike Minor today. (I was on the Yankees vs Minor several weeks ago.)

Teams have scored 6,3,6,6,7,4,9,6,4,7,8 in Minor's 11 starts this year. The 3 was Miami, the 4 was Pitt and the other 4 was Zona. He normally gives up 4 or 5 before he gets yanked in the middle of the game and then you get Cincy's trash bullpen (except for Diaz) coming in. And we are guaranteed 9Abs here on the road with a slight wind out to RC in this band box.

Phillies are #6 slugging team, #5 vs lefties and while they didn't score much v Mutts this weekend they were facing some top arms. Mike MInor with an ERA of 6.24 and a WHIP of 1.56 is not that. Diaz did pitch last night for 5 outs vs Cubs so maybe you don't see him in a close game? He's the only Reds reliever who has been consistently good this year. In fairness, the Reds bullpen was actually really good yesterday for 5 1/3 but I firmly predict that will not last.

Prop-wise Castellanos has 2HRS in 11 ABS vs Minor and he played in GABP for several years so he should feel comfortable at the plate. He has 6 hits over his last four games including a double on Sunday. Like him over 1.5 bases @ -106

Played Phillies TT over 5.5 -105 for 3 units. Castellanos Over 1.5 bases for 3/4 unit @ -106

Good luck to us if you join me.

Last edited:
I think they been trying to pay him, baseball contracts are freaking crazy!! No way would I give these dudes all those fucking years, it one thing if he was 23 but he ain’t: best thing that happened to cards was angels coming in and giving Albert 10 years and we would only go 8, they paid for what we already got out of him! When all said and done I don’t think judge going anywhere but yanks be smart to play hard ball and keep his years down at 5-6 at most imo, no matter who ya are you don’t wanna be paying some washed up Mfer 30+ mil a year for several years of washed up production. I’m sure it the years the sticking point, not the money per year.
Just waiting it out for a couple more years to LAD and SD contracts to start running their course. Can't compete with them in the same division. I mean SD is having this season without Tatis taking an AB and he'll miss the first 5-6 weeks next season...but SD will still probably get 2nd in the West by a margin. Sucks to have to be patient because Summer is so long when the home team isn't really competitive.

I hit the Balty Ff tt ov 1.5 pretty hard, kinda shocked that number came down to 1.5, I guess ppl bekueve in Kikuchi stuff even if the results rarely there? Mfer has allowed 2+ in 15 of his 19 starts and O’s havd scored a run per inning off him in 2 starts this year, mfin gotta show me, I’ll pay to see him not give up at least 2.

Just waiting it out for a couple more years to LAD and SD contracts to start running their course. Can't compete with them in the same division. I mean SD is having this season without Tatis taking an AB and he'll miss the first 5-6 weeks next season...but SD will still probably get 2nd in the West by a margin. Sucks to have to be patient because Summer is so long when the home team isn't really competitive.

I’m sure it sucks being in that div but no more than what the Tampa’s, O’s, fish go thru in the east. Actually not sure it should be as tough for zona, obviously lad pockets are super deep plus they pretty smartly run, that tough to deal with! Far as pads go tho, is their market/fan base really any bigger than snakes? I can’t imagine much! Im not saying snakes should be spending 200 mil a season but I don’t see any reason why they couldn’t be in the 140-150 middle the pack range? If you there and well run should be able to compete with anyone imo, maybe need little more health luck as they dead money be the killer but it can be done. Tampa somehow competes w 12 fans and spending nothing!!

Tend to agree although Votto on 2/28 run over the last week and India out right now so not at their best.

It tough to like that lineup once they shipped Pham and drury out, throw in those guys and I def like your idea of leaving them completely out of the total.

Seattle w Castillo as dogs? Ohtani great and all but laa lineup sucks, Castillo and seattle pen shouldn’t give up more than a run or 2.

Shoot, 1st glance sone real appealing doggies on this card.
I agree on the dogs today. But I'm unable to look too much into it as I'm at work. But I think I saw three right off the top of my head

It tough to like that lineup once they shipped Pham and drury out, throw in those guys and I def like your idea of leaving them completely out of the total.
YEah, playing Aquino right now who has strikes out over 30% of his Abs for his career, back-up catcher, Almora, rookie SS...Solano having a nice year but otherwise the back end of the lineup is a bunch of .220 or worse hitters. I didn't want to be pissed if the game was 6-2 or 7-1 Phils....

I’m sure it sucks being in that div but no more than what the Tampa’s, O’s, fish go thru in the east. Actually not sure it should be as tough for zona, obviously lad pockets are super deep plus they pretty smartly run, that tough to deal with! Far as pads go tho, is their market/fan base really any bigger than snakes? I can’t imagine much! Im not saying snakes should be spending 200 mil a season but I don’t see any reason why they couldn’t be in the 140-150 middle the pack range? If you there and well run should be able to compete with anyone imo, maybe need little more health luck as they dead money be the killer but it can be done. Tampa somehow competes w 12 fans and spending nothing!!
Dbacks market is bigger than SD but they decided to go balls deep for a few years so it just makes no sense to do the same thing right now. Save up, acquire prospects and wait for it down the line. Have to put a competent staff together in this park to be competitive in this division and that's expense that isn't worth it right now. Hopefully 2-3 years from now sure.

Dbacks market is bigger than SD but they decided to go balls deep for a few years so it just makes no sense to do the same thing right now. Save up, acquire prospects and wait for it down the line. Have to put a competent staff together in this park to be competitive in this division and that's expense that isn't worth it right now. Hopefully 2-3 years from now sure.

I mean long as they do it right tough to argue, look at what Stros were able to parlay a few awful seasons into! Just dunno what the odds are that works? Guess depends how competent the ppl in charge are?

Reactions: KJ
I mean long as they do it right tough to argue, look at what Stros were able to parlay a few awful seasons into! Just dunno what the odds are that works? Guess depends how competent the ppl in charge are?
Gotta trust the scouting. Several years ago they were one of if not the top ranked farm system out there. Then after trading away so many prospects they went to one of the worst in the matter of a couple yers for a playoff run.

Now you have to factor in how many teams were elimated in the minors with COVID and make those adjustments.

I can’t freakin believe money pushing Braves line up higher??!?? I have little doubt strider be better than last time but still think it crazy they -150s to a Mets team that red hot and has pretty much owned Braves this year!!

Feel like a total sucker for playing Mets, like it already been determined I lost this bet but no way could I pass it up!! Lol

Dunno why ppl actually trust Kikuchi? Dude is straight up gas can even tho he has better stuff than most the gas cans ya see!!

Game note for Over bettors: Phillies are running with impunity on this Reds catcher (Papierski) 3 steals in first 3.

You would think a catcher hitting .139 could at least throw out baserunners! Lol. Of course I’m not watching so I dunno if they stealing them off the pitcher or him?

You would think a catcher hitting .139 could at least throw out baserunners! Lol. Of course I’m not watching so I dunno if they stealing them off the pitcher or him?
I’m watching at the bar w no sound so hard for me to say but Minor is a vet lefty so I think it might be the C. He came up a few weeks ago.

We ain’t home yet but MLBs worst bullpen is on deck

I’m in the house brother, I’ve been mostly playing the Ff team totals opposed to gm, I tailed but just w 5 inning since we attacking the staters, once they got 3 I was home, I’m sure you get the rest!

Didht realize there was gonnna be rain delay in atl but might not be worst thing for Mets since corrasco getting knocked around. I wasn’t real worried yet cause strider was already at 40 something pitches thru 2 innings so that game has potential for lot of pens: who knows how it will go but think it take 5-6 runs to win it so muts not dead yet I don’t think!

Back