Monday 11/06 NBA

Fondybadger

CTG Partner
I'm glad I didn't put my entire bankroll on Miami yesterday. Always seems like the ones that seem as the biggest no brainer are the ones that hit the least. Salvaged a positive day going 3-2, hitting the two late night games. I'm thinking if I would have woke up about 1:15 yesterday I'd have had a pretty decent day.

06-07 NBA Basketball Record 44-34-3 +$1290 (56.4%)
11/05 3-2 +$50
11/04 10-8-1 +381
11/03 13-9-1 +$492

11/02 3-1 +232
11/01 9-8-1 +$458
10/31 2-4 -$435
Preseason 4-2 +$162

1st Half
ATS 1-0-1 +$50
Totals 0-1 -$55

2nd Half
ATS 4-4 +$52
ML 1-0 +$150
Totals 5-4-1 -$103

Game
ATS 26-17-1 +$622
ML 6-5 +$865
Totals 2-3 -$241

Monday Discussion

Washington at Orlando -3.5
I've been having a tough time figuring out this Orlando team. After their first couple of games, they're playing under what I perceive to be their talent level. If this keeps up I may have to start fading them. Orlando has been getting their points from a variety of different options, with six guys averaging over 9 points a game. Grant Hill has led the team in scoring over the first three games, which seems unbelievable looking at how far his career has stumbled because of injuries. Carlos Arroyo has stepped up nicely scoring 14.5 points on 78% shooting on the season. Orlando's biggest downfall on the early season is their 22.3 turnovers they're averaging a game. Washington is the same team from last season if the early season is any indication. Arenas, Jamison, and Butler will need to carry the team on their back. Antonio Daniels has been a bit better than I thought so far this season, but that won't least. A big concern of mine is that the big three for Washington will be in fall trouble in this game and Orlando is such a deeper team. I'm leaning towards taking Orlando as I feel they have a deeper bench and Howard should be too tough for Jamison, Haywood, and Thomas to handle inside. Orlando has also done a nice job of putting points on the board at home. I think the total is right around where it should be, but it seems higher than what I expected as I was hoping to make a over play. I lean towards Orlando to win this game because of their deeper bench and more offensive options. They're on the tail end of a back and back remember as well...

$125 NY Knicks +7
I'll ride it with BAR. Check out his thoughts/discussion on the game. I also like the over in this game, almost more than I like the side. My only worry is Spurs being tired in the 4th and not putting up the points I need.

$200 Bucks +6
$50 Bucks ML +206
*Warning* Might be a homer call here. I'm high on the Bucks this season, more so than any publication that I've seen, but I think at the end of the season when the Bucks are the 6th or 7th seed I'll be justified. I think Milwaukee will struggle this season against the slashing, high scoring, quick guard teams. Miami, New Jersey, Toronto, Philly come to mind... I think they match up well against teams like the Bulls. The key to the Bucks this year I believe will be team ball movement. Both Chilla (eames nickname for Charlie V) and Bogut are two big men that have great court awareness and find the cutters to the hoop. Michael Redd can take over the game at any point and should have his 25-30. Mo Williams has done a nice job at the point so far this year and Charlie Bell can come in defensively and provide a quick spell. Steve Blake has been a big suprise to me. He doesn't really show up in the box scores, but when he's in the games he's done a great job as a floor general moving the ball to open men. Like Bogut and Chilla, he may be two passes away from the score and the assists aren't there (although ast/48 is outstanding). Patterson can body up on Deng who's been lights out lately, and if he's not up to the task I could see Chilla and his long arms on him. I also think we'll see more of Dan Gadzuric tonight matching up with Big Ben. In a close ball game, I really like the Bucks to pull off the game. Redd is a go to player and the Bulls struggle as a team to shoot free throws. Tyrus Thomas, Big Ben, and Deng are all liabilities, and even Hinrich could be a bit more reliable.

Golden State at Dallas
Agree completely with BAR. Couple of more thoughts... Monta Ellis is the leading scorer at 15.7 a game... Monta WHO??? Baron Davis has been awful this season and he's notoriously a bad free throw shooter, especially for a guy who gets contact so often. Jason Richardson doesn't have the explosiveness and doesn't seem to be in game shape recovering from his knee surgeory. Troy Murphy moving to center has cut down his rebounding effectiveness. Pietrus needs to shoot more and Dunleavy is struggling with Nellie's system. I'm hoping to see more PT for Devin harris this year. I think he's exactly what the Mavs need to cure their offensive woes. He's more of a pass first point guard who can get to the line and cause the defense to collapse giving Howard and Nowitzki more open shots. Terry has struggled this season and its about time he stepped his game up. The Mavs have only had 16 blocks/steals combined in their first two games, and I"m hoping that Diop and Croshere have had their asses chewed out to be more aggressive. Look for two nights of frustration to come out tonight. I'm looking at Mavs 1H and game, but think the line will drop a bit more yet. So I'm still waiting.

Have the rest of them coming... just wanted to get these out there so I don't lose them.

Pistons at Utah -4
If the line goes up too much more, I may take the Pistons ML based on the value. I think this game is more of a toss up, and I disagree with BAR for riding the Jazz. Sheed hasn't been the Sheed of old in his first few games, but he's picked it up a bit every game (might be because he actually stayed in those games). Mohammed and McDyss will do a good job of clogging up the lanes, but Utah has enough scoring punch they should be able to put up some points. I worry about their defensive abilityt though on Billups and Hamilton. I think a ton of points will be scored in this one, and I can't see why I shouldn't take the over 190.5??? Pistons averaging 97.5 a night and Jazz getting their 107 while their opponenets combined have been averaging 187 against what are a few of the weaker teams in the league. Looking at a larger over play here and a possible Piston's ML.

$125 Minny +5.5
$75 Minny ML +186
I think Garnett will be able to take the team on his shoulers tonight against an over-rated Kings squad. James was a great addition for the T-Wolves in the offseason and I look for them to win a grinder of a game.

$175 Portland +12
$50 Portland ML +590
Portland has the young guys this season to pull off some upsets. They're severely overrated and I think the Clippers are definately overrated. I"ll discuss this game a bit mroe througout the day if anyone would like...

His point on Stons struggles in Utah is very valid though...Utah has won 12 of last 14 in Utah and last win was in 02...they also swept the season series last year..

Add a slighty worse Det club this year, esp defensively...and a much improved Utah club, esp offensively..

Then a two time zone basically trip for the Pistons off a home, away, home, away scenario and the first of a semi-long west coast swing..

And Utah is off a home game two days ago..

Scenario, trends, even matchups seem to point Utah IMO.

GL badger

grabbed some NY +7.5 before it dropped...see over 60% on SA and still dropping, like that scenario :)

Bulls have been shooting horribly... once we get our stroke we won't drop games to a team like the Bucks... who aren't on our level.. Bulls need a statement win.. and should be 2-1... probably a no play for me but GL.

Inspekdah - avatar/sig bet tonight?

I'll take my Bucks straight up against your Bulls...

Bucks win, you use either a Badger or Bucks avatar through Friday night and put in this quote in your signature "The Milwaukee Bucks are an elite NBA team just like Fondybadger told me."

If the Bulls win I'll put up a Bulls avatar (or something else of your choice) and put a sig "Inspekdah and the Bulls showed me the Bulls are legit and the Bucks are looking for the lottery" (or something similiar).

Just want to have a bit of fun tonight and make things a bit more interesting on the forum while keeping it friendly.

I will say this much, there is a lot of money on the Bulls yet the line came down at the greek.

:4_12_13:

Fondybadger said:
Inspekdah - avatar/sig bet tonight?

I'll take my Bucks straight up against your Bulls...

Bucks win, you use either a Badger or Bucks avatar through Friday night and put in this quote in your signature "The Milwaukee Bucks are an elite NBA team just like Fondybadger told me."

If the Bulls win I'll put up a Bulls avatar (or something else of your choice) and put a sig "Inspekdah and the Bulls showed me the Bulls are legit and the Bucks are looking for the lottery" (or something similiar).

Just want to have a bit of fun tonight and make things a bit more interesting on the forum while keeping it friendly.

I gotta warn you as a friend and as a Bucks fan, Bulls should win this game. But hey it would be cool to see a Bulls fan give it up by using a Bucks avatar (a la mine)

good luck today fonzy, leanin to tha magic an knicks here also. make tha money, great start to tha season sofar keep that shit rollin.

FONDY,

I like that Pistons play everyone is writing these guys off early maybe its warranted and maybe its not.

Back