Monday 03/11/13 NBA discussion thread

coach-spo-500x502.jpg

GF not bad

chicks dig a championship winning lebron hand puppet

[h=2]KNICKS AT WARRIORS, 10:30 P.M. ET[/h] March 11, 2013 · 9:55PM
TV: League Pass

• Star forwards David Lee of Golden State and Carmelo Anthony of New York will suit up tonight. Lee missed one game with a right knee contusion, while Anthony sat out three contests due to a stiff right knee. Carl Landry will go back to the bench for the Warriors, and Kurt Thomas will do the same for the Knicks.
  • The memories are obviously still fresh from Stephen Curry‘s 54-point explosion against the Knicks in Madison Square Garden on Feb. 27. New York coach Mike Woodson said he’s hoping that the presence of Lee and center Andrew Bogut — both of whom missed the Warriors’ MSG appearance — will make Curry less aggressive this time around. “We’ve just got to make sure we’re up on screens on the pick-and-roll, and if we’re knocked off, we’ve got to make sure that we’re up and we switch correctly,” Woodson said. “There’s a lot of things that come into play when he’s on the floor after what he did in New York.”
  • Warriors coach Mark Jackson was trying to stay focused on his own game, even as his son, Mark Jackson, Jr., vied for a chance to get into the NCAA Tournament. The younger Jackson and his teammates on sixth-seeded Manhattan are playing fourth-seeded Iona for the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference’s automatic NCAA bid.
  • This contest opens the Knicks’ longest road trip of the season, a five-gamer that also bounces to Denver, Portland, Los Angeles and Salt Lake City.
  • With 15 3-pointers for Houston and 13 by Milwaukee, the Warriors have allowed at least 13 treys in back-to-back games for the first time in franchise history. That streak could easily reach three straight, given that the Knicks rank No. 1 in the league in attempts behind the arc (29.28 per game) and second in makes (10.83, just 0.01 behind the Rockets).
– Geoff Lepper
[h=3]Share this:[/h]

<small>Category: Uncategorized / Tags: / No Comments /
</small>
[h=2]Nuggets At Suns, 10 p.m. ET[/h] March 11, 2013 · 9:30PM
TV: League Pass

• A Denver-Phoenix game has meant an old-fashioned Western shootout for as long as the two teams have played, but only one team is armed for this matchup. The Nuggets have topped the 100-point mark in 22 of their last 23 games and are averaging 111.3 points during this eight-game winning streak. Meanwhile, the Suns 107-105 win over Houston on Saturday marked the first time they had topped the 100 point plateau in a game at US Airways Center since putting up 121 against Charlotte a week before Christmas.
  • The Suns are shooting for three straight 100-point games in regulation for the first time in nearly a calendar year (Mar. 23-27, 2012) – not exactly the type of team Denver coach George Karl is used to seeing in the desert. “There is a sadness a little bit and I would think they want to rebuild their team in the way they have played in the past,” Karl said. “Steve Nash was a great player for them, but you go back to the Kevin Johnson days when I was in Seattle, they always played a fast game.”
  • The Nuggets are 19-6 (.760) against .sub-500 teams this season but one of those losses came against the Suns when Phoenix handed Denver a 110-100 loss at US Airways Center on Nov. 12.
  • The Suns have only 22 wins this season but they have beaten four of the six NBA teams that have compiled 40 or more wins this season. Phoenix has beaten Denver, the Los Angeles Clippers, Memphis and San Antonio. They were swept by Oklahoma City (4-0) and Miami (2-0).
  • It’s a small sample size, but Jared Dudley’s return to a familiar role coming off the bench has paid dividends in the last two games. After averaging just 8.3 points a game in February as a starter, Dudley has averaged 16.5 points and 65 percent shooting from the floor. In 11 games coming off the bench this year, Dudley has shot 51.4 percent from three-point range (18-for-35).
  • Suns coach Lindsey Hunter on Denver’s scoring balance with nine players averaging between 8.1 and 17 points a game: “They have figured out a balance that works for them. I don’t know if that’s because George doesn’t want any more superstars or what, but watching them play is impressive because they really share the ball.”
Jerry Brown

i have nuggets -5 -115

kinda scared that the nuggets have 67% of bets but that shouldnt be the reason i dont bet on them

[TABLE="align: center"]
<TBODY>[TR="class: GameBannerAuto"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]HALFTIME SCORE: NEW YORK 35[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: GameBannerAuto"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]GOLDEN STATE 50[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: TrGameOdd"]
[TD]
added.jpg
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Mar 11[/TD]
[TD]2509[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2, align: left"]2H NEW YORK[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]-3-102<INPUT value=0_1663929_-3_-102 type=checkbox name=text_>[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]o99-102<INPUT value=2_1663929_-99_-102 type=checkbox name=text_>[/TD]
[TD="align: right"] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: TrGameOdd"]
[TD="align: left"]
added.jpg
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]11:53 PM [/TD]
[TD]2510[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2, align: left"]2H GOLDEN STATE[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]+3-102<INPUT value=1_1663929_3_-102 type=checkbox name=text_>[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]u99-102<INPUT value=3_1663929_99_-102 type=checkbox name=text_>[/TD]
[/TR]
</TBODY>[/TABLE]

will they score to get the OVER

Doubtful.

Just my two cents but coming from a knick fan who has watched every game and a guy who has made half his 40u profit this season betting nuggets games, Denver will have between 60 and 70 points at halftime Wednesday, and will finish with somewhere between 120 and 130. Denver and over first half, Denver and over 2nd half, Denver full game, Denver 3rd quarter, Denver 1h tt over and full game game tt over. Completely possible all of those cash on Wednesday. I expect a -9 line and I expect a 25+ point loss.

Cambyspree is a premier fade if you guys are into that kinda thing. His opinion on Knicks games at the other place is the equivalent of ddk's opinion on lakers games.

Back