****MNF Report- NYG/ATL

• Thread starter Thread starter joebrensports
  • Start date Start date
J

joebrensports

I like:

NYG -4 -120

HUGE problems for ATL tonight as Renardo Foster-undrafted rookie LT from LOU will be going up against Osi Umenyoira. Also, the RT Weiner will be out. This means 2 rookies will be starting along with a 2nd year man. NYG should have a field day. In the last 11 meetings between these teams the road team had won.

I expect a HUGE NYG victory tonight. Could be a 8-10 sack night for the GMEN.

GL

I agree with everything you said above, joebren. Also take a look at the team total for the G-men at 23.5; I can easily see Eli & Co posting more than 3TDs + 1 FG.

GL

Looks solid. My only concern being the the "public" is all over the Giants tonight.

arent we the "public" too? This info about the 3 rookies on the falcons OL is available to everyone so it makes sense for the majority to back the G-Men unless you just play the home dog on MNF on principle. The OL mis-matches are a huge handicapping variable and something this important will skew the public money...You cant handicap turnovers - which is the only way Atlanta stays in this game.

arent we the "public" too? This info about the 3 rookies on the falcons OL is available to everyone so it makes sense for the majority to back the G-Men unless you just play the home dog on MNF on principle. The OL mis-matches are a huge handicapping variable and something this important will skew the public money...You cant handicap turnovers - which is the only way Atlanta stays in this game.

I agree with Sword here. Every once in a while the "public" does win a game. If ATL pulls some magic rabbit out of their hat, then kudos to them. I try not to pay much attention to "fading the public" hype too. How many had NE yesterday? I'm sure they were the pulic darling yesterday.

:cheers:

quick fact: Giants are 8-0 all time at atlanta

including a DD win last year vs vick

Not sure where you got this fact...
2004 Atlanta beat NYG by 4
2003 Atlanta beat NYG by 20

NYG hasn't even won or covered 2 of the last 3.

Agree with many of the thoughts in the post, I just don't see ATL playing inspired ball right now - still too much noise, injuries, poor play. Crumpler being pissed off doesn't help their already shotty offense either - I think NYG will key on that (knowing they might go to him more tonight now) and get at least one pick on his route tonight.

Back