MNF New England @ KC Discussion

D-Woww

Old Man Dan
Sharps on KC. I dont have the %'s but I assume the public is on NE. All the way down to 2.5 now. If anyone has the sports insights numbers please post.

I am actually leaning NE here. I am not ready to believe that the pats are done like some people are. and i cant get week 1 out of my mind...we see how bad the titans are now, but they went into arrowhead and had their way with KC.

think NE wins but holding off. may add a prop or 2. but will likely be on NE by kickoff. Like that its under 3 now, but damn, that is a bold move from books ot move it off of 3. Books must be confident kc wins.

also gonna look for travis kelce props if i can find em. think he has a breakout game on national tv

[TABLE="class: rgMasterTable MasterTable"]
<tbody>[TR="class: rgRow"]
[TD="align: right"] 9/29

08:30 PM
[/TD]
[TD] 273 - New England Patriots

274 - Kansas City Chiefs

[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]
2014-273-spct-u.gif

[/TD]
[TD="align: right"] -3.5 -108
+3.5 -102 [/TD]
[TD="align: right"] -2.5 -113
+2.5 102[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

So 60% on NE, but line moves from 4 to 3.5 to 3 to 2.5... KC is definitely the sharp play. I am just not sure I agree with it

was leaning the same way...going to see a lot running tonight IMO and brady has been pressured a ton this year against oakland, miami and Minnesota and KC brings a better pass d than all of those 3...we haven't seen the traditional Brady long bomb either.

was leaning the same way...going to see a lot running tonight IMO and brady has been pressured a ton this year against oakland, miami and Minnesota and KC brings a better pass d than all of those 3...we haven't seen the traditional Brady long bomb either.

please explain?

Brady is horrible at throwing the long bomb...

expect that Pats to have an extra blocker on the LOS, either TE or lineman,, they have been getting crushed... when i see some local stuff i will post..

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The New England Patriots visit the Kansas City Chiefs on ESPN’s “Monday Night Football” (8:30 p.m. ET). Here are the key areas for the Patriots:

Better protection up front; any O-line personnel changes? It is obvious that the status quo won’t be good enough for the Patriots when it comes to their pass protection. The first question is if we will see any personnel changes. One would think tackles Nate Solder (left) and Sebastian Vollmer (right) will keep their spots, so the focus will be on the interior, where guards Marcus Cannon (left) and Jordan Devey (right) have struggled at times (Devey was benched in the fourth quarter last Sunday). The Chiefs rank fourth in the NFL in sacks per pass play, as outside linebackers Tamba Hali and Justin Houston, along with defensive tackle Dontari Poe, represent as tough of a challenge as the team has seen this year. And that doesn’t even factor in what should be an ear-splitting environment at Arrowhead Stadium.

[+] Enlarge<cite style="margin: 0px 0px 4px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; display: block; color: rgb(171, 171, 171); background: transparent;">Brad Barr/USA TODAY Sports</cite>The Patriots have been limiting Rob Gronkowski's snaps but the tight end might be ready to resume a larger role.

More time for Gronkowski. It took tight end Rob Gronkowski five games last season before he was playing every snap once he returned from his injured forearm. This year, Gronkowski has been used on a part-time basis as he comes back from his torn ACL -- 38 snaps in the season opener, 28 snaps in Week 2 against Minnesota, and 42 snaps last week against Oakland. Gronkowski said this week that he’s ready to start rolling more, and his expected rising playing time should have a significant trickle-down effect on the offense, because outside of Julian Edelman, there hasn’t been much consistency.

Run defense without Siliga. With Chiefs running Jamaal Charlesexpected to play (how much remains a question mark), and backup Knile Davishaving been effective, the Patriots know that limiting the running game is one of their keys defensively. The task gets a little tougher without big-bodied defensive tackle Sealver Siliga (6-foot-2, 325 pounds) -- a starter next to Vince Wilfork (6-2, 325) -- as he was placed on short-term injured reserve on Saturday, with the team signing defensive tackle Casey Walker (6-1, 335) off the Panthers’ practice squad. Walker isn’t expected to contribute immediately --Chris Jones (6-1, 309), Joe Vellano (6-2, 300) and Dominique Easley (6-2, 288) are the likely replacements -- so they lose plenty of beef in the exchange.

Better starts. For the third consecutive week, Patriots coach Bill Belichick stressed the importance of starting games faster. This is especially true in a road environment that can be raucous, particularly on a Monday night. As the Kansas City Business Journal reported, there will be three separate attempts during the game to reclaim the Guinness Book of World Record’s loudest crowd roar. The best way to quiet that roar? Start fast and get an early lead.

I think sharps just played a number here. Home dog on MNF against a Pats team, who is a bit over-valued in Vegas power rankings. 3.5 and 4 was a bit too high, so they grabbed it. And now Charles is playing, so I suspect he is worth about .5 in the line. So appropriate value here is probably 3.

I'm shocked books went below the 3 and are offering Pats at -2.5 now. This is a game where it looks like the books are taking a side. I'd imagine the line goes back to 3 later in the evening when folks get off of work.

Edit: Literally as I type this, the line just moved to a juiced 3 at my book. I'm guessing this will be a classic sharp/square game.

So 60% on NE, but line moves from 4 to 3.5 to 3 to 2.5... KC is definitely the sharp play. I am just not sure I agree with it
I think KC is more of a "dumb" play than a sharp play. Who has KC beat lately, Miami? pffft Brady and company will crush this team under the national spotlight tonight.

I think KC is more of a "dumb" play than a sharp play. Who has KC beat lately, Miami? pffft Brady and company will crush this team under the national spotlight tonight.

Not saying KC is the correct play, but your point of them only beating Miami isn't a great one since Miami handled New England...

The same can be said for the Patriots. They lost to a mediocre Dolphins team, beat Minny who was in disarray over the Peterson scandal, and struggled to beat Oakland who is the worst team in the league.

I've been fading the Pats and plan to continue to fade them until the books adjust their lines. No chance they are a top 5 team in the league like they are being lined.

really seems like this should be a stay off game. since its MNF thought, it will get a lot of action. if NE was -3 at KC on a Sunday at 1pm, i doubt many ppl would be on either side

[TABLE="class: rgMasterTable MasterTable"]
<tbody>[TR="class: rgRow"]
[TD="align: right"] 9/29

08:30 PM [/TD]
[TD] 273 - New England Patriots

274 - Kansas City Chiefs
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]
2014-273-spct-u.gif
[/TD]
[TD="align: right"] -3.5 -108
+3.5 -102[/TD]
[TD="align: right"] -2.5 -113
+2.5 102[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

NBAfan used to post this kinda stuff....whatever happened to him..finally get banned?

Not saying KC is the correct play, but your point of them only beating Miami isn't a great one since Miami handled New England...
True, but don't forget that Miami lost every game they played after New England until yesterday in England while New England has won every game since Miami. 2 teams going in opposite directions. Just saying.

Shark I hate to shit all over my own team but I think you're wrong here. Pats issues start at the O-line & they don't stop. Brady is only comfortable throwing to two targets, Gronk & Edelman. He has limited time to do so thanks to the shit line & they can't run for shit due to the same reason. When the defense isn't getting penalized they are getting gashed in any way shape or form. Revis looks like any other Pats DB out there getting lit up. A rookie QB in Carr wasn't the least bit afraid to throw towards him last Sunday & most were for completions.

I thought the Miami game was a fluke, especially the way they came out against Minnesota...well after giving up that opening drive TD anyways. Then came the second half where they couldn't do shit. Home opener against Oakland, just what the doctor ordered, should be a stomp. They sucked. They were one lucky ass pick that should've been a reception from that game being tied.

I smell mediocrity at best for these guys this year. The only reason they MIGHT make the playoffs is because their division sucks almost equally. They will be lucky to finish 8-8 this year.

yep

look like a Saints team to me

except the patriots have the better talent in the secondary to stop the passing game i'd say...number's are skewed because they haven't played this weeks game yet, but they are only allowing qb's to complete 57% of their passes and that ranks third in the league right now.

gsro - Tannehill, Cassel & Carr. Not exactly a murderer's row of QB's. Let see what happens when they face Manning & Luck

Last three Barnwell paragraphs

So why pick New England here? Because the defense has been impeccable. Some of their success will eventually come out in the wash of opponent adjustments, but the Patriots have the best defensive DVOA, paced by the league’s best pass defense. The Raiders actually threw at Darrelle Revis with some limited success last week, but they did little to move the ball consistently.
Kansas City attacked Miami by going after its backup linebackers (and overstretched defensive ends) with throws to Joe McKnight and tight ends. I don’t think that will work quite as well against the Patriots, who have the likes of Jerod Mayo, Jamie Collins, Devin McCourty, and Nate Ebner to hold up in coverage against McKnight and Travis Kelce.
The Chiefs will need to run the ball to stay out of third-and-long, and I don’t know if they’ll be able to do it. Jamaal Charles is expected to play after sitting out for one week with his “mild” high ankle sprain, but he’ll be limited and at high risk of aggravating his injury or creating another one (just as Dee Milliner did with the Jets in Week 2). Knile Davis, who had major fumble issues in college, has already fumbled three times in three weeks; that’s not going to go unnoticed by the coach on the other side of the field. This feels like the game where we remember why the Patriots were Super Bowl contenders before the season.

i see a lot of "patriots did this against this team and chiefs did this agaisnt that team" going on here, and i really think that is a bad way to cap the NFL this season

What happens when the Pats oline play improves? Nothing is destined to remain the same. The 49ers "suspect" defense just blanked out the best offense in the league.

i see a lot of "patriots did this against this team and chiefs did this agaisnt that team" going on here, and i really think that is a bad way to cap the NFL this season

you kind of did that in the first post of this thread, in regards to the Chiefs season opener

Just some thoughts I threw out there but if you really want to know how I capped it, here is my predicted score:

NE 27
KC 10

I parlayed Chiefs ML with under. I can't see them winning unless its a 13-10 type shitfest

Great minds think alike. GL tonight as I am also on Chiefs ML (waiting until gametime as I think public hits this after work before game time) and under. :shake:

Better starts. For the third consecutive week, Patriots coach Bill Belichick stressed the importance of starting games faster. This is especially true in a road environment that can be raucous, particularly on a Monday night. As the Kansas City Business Journal reported, there will be three separate attempts during the game to reclaim the Guinness Book of World Record’s loudest crowd roar. The best way to quiet that roar? Start fast and get an early lead.

The Pats have averaged 18.0 1H points and 4.0 2H points this season.

Last three Barnwell paragraphs

So why pick New England here? Because the defense has been impeccable. Some of their success will eventually come out in the wash of opponent adjustments, but the Patriots have the best defensive DVOA, paced by the league’s best pass defense. The Raiders actually threw at Darrelle Revis with some limited success last week, but they did little to move the ball consistently.
Kansas City attacked Miami by going after its backup linebackers (and overstretched defensive ends) with throws to Joe McKnight and tight ends. I don’t think that will work quite as well against the Patriots, who have the likes of Jerod Mayo, Jamie Collins, Devin McCourty, and Nate Ebner to hold up in coverage against McKnight and Travis Kelce.
The Chiefs will need to run the ball to stay out of third-and-long, and I don’t know if they’ll be able to do it. Jamaal Charles is expected to play after sitting out for one week with his “mild” high ankle sprain, but he’ll be limited and at high risk of aggravating his injury or creating another one (just as Dee Milliner did with the Jets in Week 2). Knile Davis, who had major fumble issues in college, has already fumbled three times in three weeks; that’s not going to go unnoticed by the coach on the other side of the field. This feels like the game where we remember why the Patriots were Super Bowl contenders before the season.

Who the heck was saying that?

Who the heck was saying that?

I was, :Biggest Fan 2:

until they traded logan mankins and the offensive line is a mess,,, if they can get that figured out there should be a domino effect- brady more time to throw - look at 2nd and 3rd reads, etc etc...

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably is a :frog:. This line smells KC +3 and ML.

KC Defensive line goes all :moosefk: on Brady tonight!

Johnny,

Do you ever read what you type, or do you always just let Helen Keller type for you? Is consistant some new form of insight I am not aware of?

Bill Barnwell/Grantland. I like his consistant insight.

I dont think KC will have much success offensively at all. It "seems" like the Pats underachieve as big faves but perform in showcase tightly lined games.

I get the author of the article, just in general I laugh at anyone who thought the Pats were contenders this year. It just has to do with reputation. Perhaps one playoff game, about it. Not a great team whatsoever.

Who likes this one?

[TABLE="width: 100%, align: center"]
<tbody>[TR="class: TrGameEven, bgcolor: #F3F3F3"]
[TD="colspan: 2, align: left"]TRAVIS KELCE REC YARDS[/TD]
[TD="align: right"][/TD]
[TD="align: right"]o39½-140[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

I get the author of the article, just in general I laugh at anyone who thought the Pats were contenders this year. It just has to do with reputation. Perhaps one playoff game, about it. Not a great team whatsoever.

They have a pretty strong defense,hall of fame coach and qb that are all about adjustments. I think may be a bit early to laugh about their chances, but that is my opinion.

Easy there big boy..... hindsight is 20/20.....

not about reputation at all.. Defense (on paper) looked as good as it had in years, with Revis, Broward, a healthy Mayo and wilfork.. offense was going to be fine, then they traded their all pro left tackle...line is a mess...

Back