MLK Day Discussion and Picks thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Lets start with the 1:08 starts....

No thanks on any of them.

Jamal has been playing so good lately that he could singlehandily cover with a huge quarter or something. If the Knicks have any heart they come out strong to avange the massacre from earlier this year.

Charlotte is such a good home dog and SA... you just never know..small lean Charlottes way.

No thanks on Dallas and Washington.

Back in a bit.

I have blue balls right now, all the anticipation and then pass...feels like a normal day @ the Marlo household

Here are the plays locked in.

Detroit -3 2 units
Cleveland -3.5 3 units

Explanation to follow. Bad headcold right now and last night was an eventful evening to for sure. Did my capping late Saturday night so these were the two I was eyeing. Plenty of day left on these. Sorry, couldn't get my azz outta bed until Hunt texted me...:whip:

found this interestin.....lol

After stewing over the sweep all summer, all-star center Dwight Howard and the Magic had circled their Nov. 2 date at Amway against the Pistons -- just the second game of the season.
Howard talked about how he wanted to "destroy" Detroit. New Coach Stan Van Gundy reminded the team then of the losing streak against the Pistons, drawing a big "8" on the lockeroom greaseboard.
Pistons Coach Flip Saunders reflected his club's confidence after being told of the Magic's motivational ploy, drawing a "9" as motivation on his greaseboard.
The Pistons made the rematch look more like a replay of the playoffs, toying with the Magic even without their leading scorer, Rip Hamilton.
Orlando actually regressed in a 116-92 loss, allowing Detroit to shoot 59 percent and pull away thanks to a 10-0 run to begin the third period.
"I think the Pistons are in our heads," Magic General Manager Otis Smith said.
Howard conceded that the Magic were probably "too emotional" in the first meeting, adding, "Instead of organized energy, our emotions were all over the place. We got to be mature and come ready to play."
Finally beating the Pistons could go a long way in helping the Magic emerge as one of serious contenders in the Eastern Conference, said point guard Carlos Arroyo. He will start against Magic killer Billups because of Jameer Nelson's injured right foot.

looks like Carlos wants some of Mr Big Shot today...GL there Carlos.....haha

gl today BAR:cheers:

I didn't expect it to be bigger or smaller. I just expected it.

G Luck with whatever you play.. I lean Portland over my hawks, i would bet it but im bitter with them for not covering the last wager

I will explain later..I know people thought that it would be a bigger play...but I have my reasons

From the "N.B.A. Friday" thread:

Swear to goodness that I had no clue GSW won last night...

I watched game till they started 2nd qtr 0-14 from floor..then I saw a score late when I was out and I thought it said Chicago won..

fuckin awesome..

just been on run since Friday morning so hadn't even logged into my account..thats great..plus the Portland comeback..

good stuff...congrats fellas.

Detroit is gonna be a BIG play Monday!

I already locked it in for 5 units!

That could buy me 3 scooners at double-discount happy hour at the muni you jackass!

:3_8_14:

:spank:

:hang:

No Jermaine for Pacers is usually a good thing. I do actually lean that way in the game at Philly catching 3 points.

I did play Cleveland but looking at Detroit I saw the bench and Wallace both playing poorly. Why do you expect it to change?

Thats crazy abcs

Brewer..didn't vote

Here are my starters for both conferences

West:

Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Tim Duncan
Carlos Boozer
Yao Ming

(remember, these are by position)

East:

Jason Kidd

Lebron James
Kevin Garnett
Dwight Howard

I left the 2 guard open becauswe I think you could throw any of these guys in...(Johnson, Hamilton, Allen)

Pigeon...thats what I am hearing as well.

Why is Detroit a smaller play than intially thought? One, didn't get the line I would have liked. Two, Orlando really needs to get this Mouse off their back...

but..alas...

Orlando is mismatched at basically every position. Billups averaged 26 last year in regular season and about 22 in playoffs I believe. He had a very efficient 18-8-7 back in the first meeting in Orlando. Small backcourts have no chance against rip and Chillups. Up front, Rasheed and Dice are very effective in tandom against Dwight. He gets flustered a bit and committs more tunrovers against Detroit than other teams.

Detroit has been playing down to competition lately. The qoutes outta the lokerroom after the game at UC were very telling. This group should be rather focused this evening and get the job done.

Heres another factor I have noticed for many moons in the nubya...Detroit has been up here in Michigan/Illinoi area for the last week in fridgid weather. Its horrendous. Then add in a few months of winter weather. That can get nyone complacent..hence why January every year is the dog days for NBA teams. Well, they sure are excited to be down in the sunshine state and that should reinvigorate them somewhat.

GL with your play...

GL tonight BAR. I'm a bit nervous about the Pistons ecspecially with the fact that they get ORL at home on Friday again, but you seem to have them figured out. :) Losing 3 of 4 for the Pistons certainly helps the cause.

Great season you're having as well. :cheers:

is this just a complete fade of Miami?

another ncie spot here for the Heat, Christmas revenge, Bron off big revenge W over Spurs...agree Miami sucks, but any other aspect to it?

Great first half down in ORL as far as intensity and excitement. I haven't seen Rasheed this motivated in a few weeks. He wants the ball and is very active. Orlando got hot from deep i nsecond qtr and the Detroit penetration defense has been average at best. Crowd is relly into it and there have been some spectacular plays. Still feel solid about the play but def glad I kept it smaller because ORL def is busting their butts out there to get over this Detroit hump.

SF, love what cavs have been doing lately. They will be right there by seasons end. Sideshow Bob has been averaging almost a double double lately and bringing hustle. Miami is a very bad team and they continue to get respect at home as far as lines go. I think its close for a half then Cleveland wins by 10-15 when all said and done.

Chauncy wasn't forcing the issue. He needs more time in post though. I do expect a big second half from him.

Reminds me of this
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9EGMtbucFD0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9EGMtbucFD0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Not sure cleveland is real interested in playing tonight. Look like a bunch of lathargic fucking ass-licking slugs...

that typically is cleveland for 3 quarters. so long as its with single digits by 4th Q, I think cleveland covers

But see, this is why I hate the nba...cleveland is so obviously not playing hard and is just sleep walking through this game, and that is not the way the game was meant to be played...they look like a lazy bunch of assbags

I agree that its not the way the game was meant to be played, but thats what makes betting this game a bit easier/ its an angle. probably more flat spots for teams in an NBA reg season than any other sport

True. Very true. And I know that, I think. I guess I forget or would like to think the teams I bet on aren't going to come out flat...fuckers...

Back