MLB Offseason...

Tampa was the big one

I would love to see how they workout that lineup scores only 20 less runs than Boston and 50 less than toronto

St Louis is not really a surprise for me. I'm part way through them, but I have them going backwards in a big way in pitching.

TB is a strange one. They scored 644 runs last year, I had them adjusted to 661. No idea how they got 713

when did B.J. Raji sign with the Red Sox?

CbxczmwVAAAHNn0.jpg

in the playoffs last year, i'd want him taking about every at bat in a big spot. and there's no way you'd rather have gordon than him and i'm saying this as a huge Gordon fan. They were taking him out for defense some last year....think about that.

Just catching up on the baseball thread as I'm getting pumped......Gordon was not removed for a devensive substitution once last year

Dexter Fowler re-signs with the Cubbies for one year. The talk was a deal with Baltimore for 3 years pending a physical, but he said he never even had a verbal agreement with the O's and decided to re-sign with the Cubs. Great move for the Cubs, further solidifying them being the WS favorite. I like the move a lot.

That's a really deep outfield for the Cubbies now; wow. I wonder if it makes it more likely they move Soler or Baez. My guess is yes.

my guess is no

I don't care what Theo is saying, young players won't develop if they are at the end of the bench or platooning. They need to be playing everyday. I'll be schocked if one of them isn't gone by midseason. I would guess Soler since Baez can play multiple positions; although I think soler is going to be a stud. I don't see Baez being at the same level. Too many holes in his swing.

How many at-bats you projecting for Baez now, cub?

300-350, maybe? They'll try to protect him and they definitley have the horses to do it. I guess it's somewhat dependent on how well Russell hits, b/c it's hard to see them wanting to rest Bryant and Rizzo much and now there's really not much reason to ever want to play Bryant in the OF. Shit, they even signed Victorino today who will prob be the 5th OF.

It's an embarrassment of riches, think they move one of those position players. And have you seen the Tribe's outfield? Tribe-Cubs are this year's tandem for my annual natural trade partners for trades that never happen.

I think the Cubs would do Carrasco for one of em, but pretty sure the Indians want more and the Cubs aren't going to do that.

I don't want the Tribe to give away Carrasco, Salazar or Bauer, I'm bullish on all those guys with the club-friendly contracts. I'd rather try to win 3-2 games.

I don't want the Tribe to give away Carrasco, Salazar or Bauer, I'm bullish on all those guys with the club-friendly contracts. I'd rather try to win 3-2 games.

I've probably mentioned it 5-10 times on this board over the past couple years but I don't understand how Salazar isn't a top 10 pitcher in MLB. Tribe staff is soooooo good. If Salazar finds his groove it's GG for the AL central

Back