MLB Friday

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Thoughts first, I'll add the picks later.

I love the Mets tonight. They're killing the ball and the Yanks are a sub .500 team what they deserve to be performing the way they have been throughout the year.

Dodgers could be the play as well.
Normally, I love Vlad and the Halos, but Ervin has been sub par this year, home or away regardlessly. The Angels played last night in Seattle and Dodgers had a day to rest, they're sending out Penny and they have a great batting lineup, top 3 in the NL definitely, perhaps even THE best, alongside the Mets.

Angels went 7-11 in the interleague last year, and Scioscia isn't the biggest fan of the interleague as it seems. I think I'll lay this mini road chalk with Penny.

Other thoughts/picks coming up shortly.

GL :cheers:

Zito and the Giants are definitely one of the leans as well. I love the fact he's going against his former team and has so far had mediocre run support, I think the guys will step up here, the A's have bullpen woes, I think Gaudin will regress a bit after a great start, and I see the Giants stepping up here.

Can't believe you called the Dodgers lineup one of the top 3 in the NL, perhaps even THE best.

Team Stats YTD: LAD Avg: 4th/16; Runs 6th/16; HR 14th/16; RBI 6th/16.

yeah I'm aware of these stats and I probably should have explained it better. These guys are still playing with a lot of reserve, we've only had occasional glimpses of their top notch form so far, they still lack consistency (look at Furcal for example, he's been sub par up until 10 days ago, look at him now), but please tell me which team do you see as better in the NL, except the Mets.

Last 7 Days

Hitting
Code:
Player	AB	R	H	HR	RBI	AVG
Saenz	3	0	2	0	1	.667
Furcal	26	6	15	0	6	.577
Betemit	9	4	4	2	4	.444
Garciaparra	23	2	10	0	6	.435
Martin	19	2	6	0	4	.316
Pierre	27	3	8	0	5	.296
Ethier	21	3	6	0	6	.286
Gonzalez	21	5	6	0	0	.286
Kent	22	5	6	2	2	.273
Clark	4	0	1	0	0	.250

Imagine when Kent starts hitting, how this will look like.
I remember their run last year (late into the season), when they started clicking, Betemit, Martin, Ethier, Nomar, they were all killing the ball, there's no denying that could happen this year again. And frankly, I don't see similar talent and depth in the NL. Maybe NYM and Atlanta, they have it.

Who else?

For the record, I do think the Halos are the better team here, but with Ervin on the mound, and how shaky he's been, I think they lose this one.

MLB 2007: 53 W-4V-45 L +41.55 units

Mets (Perez) (1.99 @ Pinnacle) 6 units

Subway series, taking the dog tonight. I'm not the biggest fan of Oliver Perez (4-3, 3.00 ERA), but no way are the Yankees the better team, not at this moment at least. One might argue the Mets have inferior opposition to teams NYY are facing in the AL, but you can compare the two teams against better ballclubs and you'll still end up with the same conclusion. The Mets are blazing guns right now, they have been killing lefties as opposed to their city rivals.
Pettitte (2-2, 2.68 ERA) is a great pitcher and in his Houston days he did dominate the Mets (2-0, 2.90 ERA, even though Mets' hitters are a combined .331 off him)) but at this point the Yanks are just too inconsistent, their pen is quite shaky, their bats are on and off, plus they'll play without Giambi (DH).
I can't see beyond Mets as home dogs against slumping rivals.

Tigers (Miller) (1.94 @ Pinnacle) 6 units

World Series replay. Are we really going to let this one go, just because Looper (5-2, 2.29 ERA) has been solid so far this year? How about Cards' offense? They're underachieving badly, and I don't think the best time to bounce back would be facing the Tigers in a revenge series after last year's WS.
I have no clue how this Miller kid will pitch tonight, all I know about him is from the articles, which actually say he has great stuff and I'll take a gamble with him on the mound in front of a huge crowd at Comerica.
The Tigers loved the Interleague last year and they're by far the better team between these two this year.

Dodgers (Penny) (1.94 @ Pinnacle) 4 units

I hoped for a pick 'em, 1.94 is close enough. The Halos are one of my favorite teams but I don't trust Ervin Santana (2-5, 5.51 ERA) this year. Last season he was a dependable home pitcher but this year he's letting in too many regardless of where he pitches.
I'm aware the Angels are 11-3 at home against the Dodgers in the last few years, but I'm going against that trend tonight. The Angels only went 7-11 in the interleague last year, and neither of the two coaches (Scioscia or Little) are Interleague's biggest fans.
Brad Penny (5-0, 1.39 ERA) will get the nod for the Dodgers, and I think he'll be good enough to limit the Angels bats, at least to some extent.
The Halos played last night in Seattle while their city rivals had a day to rest, featuring their top pitcher against a pitcher who's struggling, I'm willing to give it a shot.
Especially since I think these Dodger bats are due to start hitting on a consistent note, so far we've only seen glimpses of their top form, but they have more potential than just glimpses.

Leans:
Giants (Zito)
Indians (Lee)

thanks, I know you're on your Halos, from a fan perspective I'd be glad to see them win, but from a betting angle I like the Dodgers here.

GL :shake:

GL man on the Mets big with you and looking at the Tigs right now. Andrew Miller sounds to be some pitcher. Looper is defintly not as good as his numbers show. Tigers offense hopefully shows him who the real Looper is. GL Tonight

Back