MLB Chatter & Trades

• Bauer’s last pitch for Cleveland was the strike to the batter’s eye in centerfield
  • Puig's last moment as a Red is getting thrown out of the game
  • Rival executives who have spoken with the Mets believe a Syndergaard deal has indeed become “less likely,” Robert Murray of The Athletic reports. At least for now, it “appears” Syndergaard will remain a Met, per Murray.
  • But there’s still at least some possibility of a deal with the Padres, but it “feels like a long shot,” per Jon Heyman of MLB network (via Twitter). It seems the asking price is just too great at the moment, with the Mets seeking a package that includes “both major league pieces and prospects.”

Thoughts on Cubs, cub?

don't think anybody wants the guys we would want to trade.....Happ, Almora, and Russell basically. Only thing that really fits this team other than a pretty substantial retool is to get a leadoff guy that can either play CF or 2B. Merrifield is the obvious choice there, but KC is insane in what they want. Cubs already traded away a perennial all star once and I don't think they intend to do it again with somebody like Nico Hoerner, esp when it looks like we're not even one of the top 3 teams in the league right now. Kemp is I guess worth a try at 2B for now as the LH side of a platoon with Bote. I think they're praying Happ gets his shit together. If Castellanos could be had for little, they probably should have done that.

Tigers getting Alex Lange and some guy I haven't heard of from the Cubs. Lange was a first or 2nd rounder out of LSU a couple years ago, where he was their Friday night starter. In AA now, where he struggled at first, but I think he's been decent of late.

Back