ML Dogs Week 5 Edition

Here is what I played at Bovada...I just put $25 on each one for fun...

Buffalo (+210)
Washington State (+240)
Akron (+315)
Florida International (+315)
Connecticut (+420)
Louisville (+215)
Charlotte (+285)
Utah State (+285)
UCONN. Wow. I want to live in a world where a) they win a game and b) someone played the money line.

I bet a few of those hit. GL.

Here is what I played at Bovada...I just put $25 on each one for fun...

Buffalo (+210)
Washington State (+240)
Akron (+315)
Florida International (+315)
Connecticut (+420)
Louisville (+215)
Charlotte (+285)
Utah State (+285)
Not sure I've ever seen Akron and UConn on the same card other than hoops

On to Week 5…….

Wow. Week 4 Barks were very loud!
I see you NC St….and you to GT

Let’s dig into Week 5,

Who do we like out there this week?

Don’t forget Smu and hogs! (The couple I got right! Lol). Wish I woulda not played hogs and k-st at the same time as I figured only one would win, happy to get the split but coulda passed on k-st after hogs won and saved myself a bit! Lol.

Wku was so close, had wku not inexplicably punted on 4th and 1 from midfield I think they win that game. I’m sure the coach would like to have that decision back! I mean Hoosiers scored on following drive anyways, woulda been better to let them start from mid field and taken less time off clock! If wku didn’t convert it.

Patterson has Texas #. He is 1-8 in the game prior to Texas, 7-2 against them, 3-6 in game afterward.

But, thankfully, he's not coaching against Strong or Herman now.

Oh wow. I don’t think highly of tcu at all this year. Their defense been flat out garbage. Letting Smu light them up not that damning but Cal scoring 30+ a pretty bad sign that their defense sucks! I have horns wrote down on my initial leans. Havnt dug into game yet but maybe I’ll just leave alone after learning this.

GA Tech a slight dog at home in the Jekyll and Hyde Bowl vs Pitt. Their D is actually pretty decent. Jeff Sims bailed them out off the bench Saturday. If he plays like he did Saturday, they can beat alot of teams.

I think I like pitt. Of course we never know what kind of effort pitt brings! 1st glance the total feels super high doesnt it? There gotta be stuff I’m gonna find when I dive deep into that one.

I like the medium to larger ones, probably something among these for me:

Utah St
Boston College
Indiana
Nevada
Ole Miss
Akron
Kentucky
FIU
Tex Tech
Miss St

Nevada all day! Think I have a slight bias against boise tho!! Lol. Not on purpose, just think Bachmeier sucks, the play calling on both sides sucks, halftime adjustments, or lack thereof really sucks. Run game is abysmal. My only concern is I do think boise strength is pass defense which makes this not the best matchup for Nevada. Strong a nfl qb imo so this be Boise pass defense biggest test. Gabriel passed all over them, he did have the benefit of a great run game supporting him!! Another game where boise staff got owned in regard to halftime adjustments, and Bachmeier poor decision making reared it’s ugly head on the throw that sealed the loss!!

Nevada all day! Think I have a slight bias against boise tho!! Lol. Not on purpose, just think Bachmeier sucks, the play calling on both sides sucks, halftime adjustments, or lack thereof really sucks. Run game is abysmal. My only concern is I do think boise strength is pass defense which makes this not the best matchup for Nevada. Strong a nfl qb imo so this be Boise pass defense biggest test. Gabriel passed all over them, he did have the benefit of a great run game supporting him!! Another game where boise staff got owned in regard to halftime adjustments, and Bachmeier poor decision making reared it’s ugly head on the throw that sealed the loss!!
Nevada stands out to me as well. :shake:

Nevada stands out to me as well. :shake:

I dunno how anyone could lay it with Boise this week? They bigger favs than k-st was?? Seems ass backwards to me but like I said I might have a unreasonable bias against Boise? I think it reasonable, not like I’m typically shittin on the group of 5s. Isn’t it pretty obvious I’m a fan of the little guys snd Boise used to be the class of the group!! Now it obviously cincy!!

Western Kentucky

Like them also but like over better. I worry sparty won’t settle for all them Fgs that Indy did last week. I think their run game be a real problem for wku. That said I have no doubt wku will be able to move all over sparty pass d which doesn’t look very good.

Akron ML and under pays +644. If they are going to win, it'll be because the Bobcats can't score much. I played this for the first half @ +489, 2nd half (full game) @ +644

Irons looks to be fairly talented. Ohio doesn’t look like they been any better than Akron to be -9.5 on the road!!!

Cuse anyone? Their run game and defense should travel, not sure noles should be favored vs anyone with a pulse, it going from bad to worse real fast down there.
Can’t believe over didn’t cash last week with 44 at the half.

Don’t forget Smu and hogs! (The couple I got right! Lol). Wish I woulda not played hogs and k-st at the same time as I figured only one would win, happy to get the split but coulda passed on k-st after hogs won and saved myself a bit! Lol.

Wku was so close, had wku not inexplicably punted on 4th and 1 from midfield I think they win that game. I’m sure the coach would like to have that decision back! I mean Hoosiers scored on following drive anyways, woulda been better to let them start from mid field and taken less time off clock! If wku didn’t convert it.
Yep. WKU not likely to get over that loss in time for Saturday.

WKU could have closed out a ML parlay with TCU and Baylor for me.

Is it possible the loss affected you more than them? After all, these lesser teams are used to losing to big ten (power 5) opponents….imo its way more likely wku comes out fired up vs. flat. But goodluck sir

I know this the wrong thread (by a mile) but since you here, are Saints gonna get to play at home this week?
Yes. I’m supposed to be there…we’ve had season tix forever and it feels like forever since I’ve been. I’m sure it’ll be rocking

Akron ML and under pays +644. If they are going to win, it'll be because the Bobcats can't score much. I played this for the first half @ +489, 2nd half (full game) @ +644

When you talk MAC i listen!

When he fades Ohio I certainly listen.

Akron has a few thing to like on their team. I have ML;d Akron vs Ohio before and gotten crushed, but those were good OU teams and bad Akron teams. Akron teams still bad, but off the floor and this OU group is pretty bad all things considered. Tom Arth and DJ Irons and Bubba Arslanian!

Is it possible the loss affected you more than them? After all, these lesser teams are used to losing to big ten (power 5) opponents….imo its way more likely wku comes out fired up vs. flat. But goodluck sir

I agree w you, I actually think playing with Hoosiers last week gives them belief here. My concern is walker gonna go nuts on wku defense, I don’t think sparty will settle for Fgs like Hoosiers did cause that run game. That said I do think sparty easier to pass on so I expect another high scoring wku special! They could def pull it out.

I agree w mcculran on this one. I don’t think that loss demoralized wku whatsoever, if anything gives them belief they can play w these teams imo. That said I dunno if that means they do hang w sparty? Hoosiers settled for a lot of Fgs which I don’t think sparty will, msu run game is far superior and wku run defense looks really bad (tackling a real issue), gotta think those fg trips will be tds for sparty. On the other hand I rate Hoosiers pass defense as their strength and wku still threw all over them, they should have a field day in the air vs sparty. Over was the 1st bet I made this week as I wanted to get it before it hit or surpassed 62. Good chance I end up on wku ats and sprinkle the ml also.

Wku ml cost me a 2 teamer with Smu that paid fat so I feel your pain (I’m assuming you meant Smu as they beat tcu!). Can’t believe they punted on 4th amd 1 from midfield when it was a 2 point game! I’m sure coach would like that one back! I mean Hoosiers scored after the punt anyways, all punting did was give them a longer field so the td drive killed more clock!

Could change but this is what my data is currently showing me...it's ugly but last time I said it was ugly I won some money....when I like something it's normally not a good thing....

MTSU
Charlotte
Northwestern
Akron
S. Alabama

:popcorn:

Last edited:
Could change but this is what my data is currently showing me...it's ugly but last time I said it was ugly I won some money....when I like something it's normally not a good thing....

MTSU
Charlotte
Northwestern
Akron
S. Alabama

:popcorn:
Went ahead and played them....what the hell. 3, 4, & 5-teamer RRs:
Risking $16.00 To Win $4,271.73

:watchingsports:

Back