• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

ML Dogs Week 2

ProV1Colt

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Not too many Dogs hit last week but we did have one BIG DOG BARK Texas St +1300 and how about Coach Prime +575!

Week 2 Starts after Duke/Clemson tonight

Let's get the discussion going for Week 2!

Who stands out and Who Do You Like........

I love me some cincy this week at pitt!

I have a longtime love hate relationship w Satterfield, I think he does some genies things offensively but I also think he a bit of a douche and sometimes I’m baffled w what he doing in a game when I know he can be better! Then there the issue of his teams late in games, it doesn’t much matter if they played 3 awful qrtrs and getting their ass kicked more times than not they would storm back and make it a crazy finish, on the flip side they could be up 3-4 tds in 4th and let a team beat them somehow!

Matter a fact last year vs pitt his offense did nothing for 3 qrtrs then scored 17 points in the 4th to win!! Lucky for him as aggressive he can be and unwilling to ever adapt to things happening in a game, since Pickett left pitt has went Back to never throw a pass if they don’t have to weak ass 1950’s football that the defensive minded head coach loves so they don’t often increase a lead to a insurmountable number, they just try and kill the clock. My only concern is this stupid ass new clock rule plays right into pitt’s idea of winning football. It will not be as easy for satterfiekd teams to storm back with qrtrs vanishing rather quickly! Early in the game will be more important than it used to be in games he coaches and since they played a pushover week one I have no clue how his team will handle the moving clock?

What I really like is Emory Jones imo is a bigger more durable looking version of Malik Cunningham! Several years and multiple teams ago Jones was a 4 star duel threat and I think he has not only matured as many of us need to do at 18-19-20 (some of us late bloomers 30+!) he is also with a coach who runs a system perfect for him! I have no doubt cincy offense gonna light some teams in big 12 up this year, they prob won’t light pitt up but they will have a chance to hit them for some big plays as Pitt d is fantastic but has always been aggressive to the point they can get burnt!

The defensive side I believe Cincy still has some pretty talented holdovers in the front 7 to where I think they will be able to hold up pretty well against the pitt run game, How much you like or believe in Jerkovic making plays on 3rd downs will mean a lot in this game. At one point I thought he was a decent qb at BC, then he got hurt and to my eyes has never been the same guy. Feels like he gotta be damn near 30 by now! I didn’t really see much of their blowout win to see how the ball looked out of his hands? Regardless this week he will be throwing under way more pressure and we have to see.

For my money I am almost positive cincy offense is better than pitt. I think they might even stack up in the front 7 on d. Not sure why they 7.5 dogs? The way I see it at most pitt should get a few points for home field but I’m not convinced at all they the better team, getting +250 seems like a solid play to me.

The more I think bout the more that bearcats/pitt line feels very dismissive of cincy to me! This team played in the playoff just a few years back! They are now a power 5 team which I’m not sure anyone realizes, lol. Let’s say k-st, Kansas, baylor, okie st was at pitt this weekend, would any of them be getting more than a td? Does anyone really think pitt is very good this year?? The bearcats will play with and beat plenty the big 12, this line crazy to me. The acc been one my fav conferees to bet for years so I feel I know pitt and both these coaches really well, I think pitt been backsliding w their offensive philosophy and talent level at some the defensive spots and I know they can be beat deep! To me this a mid level acc team playing a big12 team who is probably only behind tecas and maybe Sooners far as what they bringing to the conference they stack up imo. Someone tell me why this thinking is off base I’d love to get a opinion of what I might be missing?

Saban rarely loses at home but Texas D should be able to keep it a low scoring game and has the weapons to score some points if the OL can keep a clean pocket for Ewers and he can actually connect on any deep balls. That’s a big ask given the interior OL issues. Tackles are a strength. The right team is favored but Bama is usually favored by double digits at home and Texas is still pissed over that garbage safety reversal from last year. Sark will have some fun stuff dialed up and Saban will probably see most of it coming. Milroe will move the chains with his legs more than arm - a mobile QB is a cheat code in CFB when preferred options break down. This is the best front 7 Texas has fielded since the team that lost to Bama in the national championship game when Colt went down early.

All this screams under to me which means I’m dead wrong and we’ll probably see a shoot out.

1st time thru and I might have some interest in these....

Vandy
NC State
Texas State
Appy State
ODU
FIU

Last edited:
1st time thru and I might have some interest in these....

Vandy
NC State
Texas State
Appy State
ODU
FIU
honest question brother. what have you seen from FIU that makes you think they can win SU? UNT is a play for me ATS, and I just cannot imagine that anyone who has watched FIU play football this season likes what they have seen from their team...

Should James Madison be favored at Virginia? Does JMU have the type of QB to beat a even a bad P5 school? I am not aware of any reasons to be liking 2023 Virginia football, I think they could lose to William and Mary in a few weeks and just judging by the score and yards vs Tennessee they were a total noncompete vs them. But a 6 pt home dog to JMU? I don't know if this particular version of JMU is that team?

VMI at Bucknell, you know I had VMI last week partially as a play against Davidson and partially as a play on some improvement out of VMI and their new coaching staff. I think it was a great matchup for VMI to play what I suspect is going to be a declining Davidson team this year. The fact that they made the playoffs the last two years and VMI beat them should not be viewed as some big accomplishment as I really don't think this year's Davidson team is close to that good. Now, VMI did dominate them on the stat sheet and yardage, but they only won 12-7 because they did a lot of things wrong and I'm not going to assume they correct all those mistakes because they themselves are not and have not been a good team. Are they better than Bucknell, yeah in all likelyhood they are. However, I see some positives from Bucknell in their loss at JMU. First of all, they have a new QB and QB play has been Bucknell's bane on offense. They have this Ralph Rucker kid, a rFr who was a former walkon at Oklahoma. He seemed decent last week 13-19-140-0-0 and added 17y rushing. If they can get some average QB play, they have a decent RB in Baker, all their receivers are back with Harris being pretty good and all their OL are back. The D front 7 isn't awful, actually a little better than I assumed because their 2021 D was really bad, but they got a lot better last year. Last week vs JMU, Bucknell trailed 3-17 at HT, but had a 204-187 total yardage edge. They were SOD once at the J23 after a long drive and had another 4th down conversion called back by penalty that they then punted on. It's not necessarily like they played better than James Madison, but they played better than expected I would say and coming home vs a team more their size, I don't know, could be a spot they surprise. They did pull a couple upsets last year. It is strange in that they were +21.5 week 2 at VMI last year, lost by 10, kind of made it look better on the final than it was played throughout, but that line was 21.5. The 5dimes Maddux line is only indicating 7.5 here at home and VMI is supposed to be trending up now. I thought this line could be DD and maybe after it opens that is where it gets bet to. I might be taking a ML shot on Bucknell, last week showed that VMI is not ready to be trusted yet even vs Davidson who is likely the weakest team they will play this year.

That is where I started thinking that JMU isn't all that hot of a team at this point in the year right now to be road fav at even a bad P5 team. Last year, yeah, but right now they don't look like they are last year good yet.

Should James Madison be favored at Virginia? Does JMU have the type of QB to beat a even a bad P5 school? I am not aware of any reasons to be liking 2023 Virginia football, I think they could lose to William and Mary in a few weeks and just judging by the score and yards vs Tennessee they were a total noncompete vs them. But a 6 pt home dog to JMU? I don't know if this particular version of JMU is that team?

For as much I like the acc I honestly don’t know the 1st thing bout Uva this year. Some of that is me not having as much time this year to do work on everyone but some of it is also they have become prob the most irrelevant acc team I can think of since this coach took over. I can barely remember anything bout them last year other than the qb I don’t like who now plays for ncst, lol. You obviously know more bout jmu than I ever will, I gotta assume Uva is easily the worst team in the acc but I can’t even begin to pretend what they have to offer, what they try to accomplish, or if they have the slightest bit of hope in doing so. Clearly I’m no help, lol. I used to assume If one these schools was favored if was telling but i don’t even know what Uva brand of incompetence is to try and discuss matchups.

Saban rarely loses at home but Texas D should be able to keep it a low scoring game and has the weapons to score some points if the OL can keep a clean pocket for Ewers and he can actually connect on any deep balls. That’s a big ask given the interior OL issues. Tackles are a strength. The right team is favored but Bama is usually favored by double digits at home and Texas is still pissed over that garbage safety reversal from last year. Sark will have some fun stuff dialed up and Saban will probably see most of it coming. Milroe will move the chains with his legs more than arm - a mobile QB is a cheat code in CFB when preferred options break down. This is the best front 7 Texas has fielded since the team that lost to Bama in the national championship game when Colt went down early.

All this screams under to me which means I’m dead wrong and we’ll probably see a shoot out.
I played under Sunday night with very little hesitation.

We are thinking very similar in this affair.

I played under Sunday night with very little hesitation.

We are thinking very similar in this affair.

Pretty much everyone opinion I respect on bama or in general seems to feel this way. Hard to say if that good or bad, l When any of them individually tell me things I listen, when it becomes a collective agreement we all seem to get kicked in the nuts! Lol. Not sure I recall it happening much on a total tho.

I want to like texas at least w the points. Seem to recall while Ewers was in the game last year it felt like horns were the better team. Now the guy who drug bama to that win is starting for the panthers. That was at texas tho. I want to like Stark teams but they always find a way to disappoint when I do.

honest question brother. what have you seen from FIU that makes you think they can win SU? UNT is a play for me ATS, and I just cannot imagine that anyone who has watched FIU play football this season likes what they have seen from their team...
Fade of that defense for NTx laying DDs on the road.

This could serve as an inspirational moment where they play over their heads, or it could be a distraction and lead to lack of focus on the field. One of those things, but either way, pretty big deal - just can't say how it translates to the outcome.

Nov 26, 2022:
NMSU 49
Liberty 14

IMO the weirdest result/score of the whole season last year. NMSU wins by 5 tds as a 24-point dog.

Obvious revenge spot for Liberty but with a new coaching staff. Aggies lose some luster after deficating the bed vs UMass but I'd give them a punchers chance.

Nov 26, 2022:
NMSU 49
Liberty 14

IMO the weirdest result/score of the whole season last year. NMSU wins by 5 tds as a 24-point dog.

Obvious revenge spot for Liberty but with a new coaching staff. Aggies lose some luster after deficating the bed vs UMass but I'd give them a punchers chance.
I would add it’s a MASSIVE revenge spot.

:shake:

Nov 26, 2022:
NMSU 49
Liberty 14

I don't know what to make of Liberty this season

Was it last year that these two teams played twice? Just such a letdown season imo for the Ags, pretty sure going to a bowl game was an emotional peak moment for them. I remember when they had to turn down a bowl invite in Tucson I believe because the athletic department couldn't afford the trip

currently every single play I have this week is a dog and talking over 10 plays.......will be interesting to see post week dog fav ats results but seems imo a very dog centric card

I'd even lean FIIU, shit FIU..........north texas may have the worst defense in america.

I love me some cincy this week at pitt!

I have a longtime love hate relationship w Satterfield, I think he does some genies things offensively but I also think he a bit of a douche and sometimes I’m baffled w what he doing in a game when I know he can be better! Then there the issue of his teams late in games, it doesn’t much matter if they played 3 awful qrtrs and getting their ass kicked more times than not they would storm back and make it a crazy finish, on the flip side they could be up 3-4 tds in 4th and let a team beat them somehow!

Matter a fact last year vs pitt his offense did nothing for 3 qrtrs then scored 17 points in the 4th to win!! Lucky for him as aggressive he can be and unwilling to ever adapt to things happening in a game, since Pickett left pitt has went Back to never throw a pass if they don’t have to weak ass 1950’s football that the defensive minded head coach loves so they don’t often increase a lead to a insurmountable number, they just try and kill the clock. My only concern is this stupid ass new clock rule plays right into pitt’s idea of winning football. It will not be as easy for satterfiekd teams to storm back with qrtrs vanishing rather quickly! Early in the game will be more important than it used to be in games he coaches and since they played a pushover week one I have no clue how his team will handle the moving clock?

What I really like is Emory Jones imo is a bigger more durable looking version of Malik Cunningham! Several years and multiple teams ago Jones was a 4 star duel threat and I think he has not only matured as many of us need to do at 18-19-20 (some of us late bloomers 30+!) he is also with a coach who runs a system perfect for him! I have no doubt cincy offense gonna light some teams in big 12 up this year, they prob won’t light pitt up but they will have a chance to hit them for some big plays as Pitt d is fantastic but has always been aggressive to the point they can get burnt!

The defensive side I believe Cincy still has some pretty talented holdovers in the front 7 to where I think they will be able to hold up pretty well against the pitt run game, How much you like or believe in Jerkovic making plays on 3rd downs will mean a lot in this game. At one point I thought he was a decent qb at BC, then he got hurt and to my eyes has never been the same guy. Feels like he gotta be damn near 30 by now! I didn’t really see much of their blowout win to see how the ball looked out of his hands? Regardless this week he will be throwing under way more pressure and we have to see.

For my money I am almost positive cincy offense is better than pitt. I think they might even stack up in the front 7 on d. Not sure why they 7.5 dogs? The way I see it at most pitt should get a few points for home field but I’m not convinced at all they the better team, getting +250 seems like a solid play to me.

Briggs and Corleone are studs on the line. Briggs started for virginia at dt as a frosh.....both are better then what fickell has at wisconsin. still have a pace brother on d.......but upfront probably one of better units in big twelve......now outside of that i know they have lot of transfers i'm unsure of quality, including offensive line. I have them pegged as an under team this year.....curious if that 70 point outburst means they are better then i thought on offense

will probably add cincy to my card i agree.......narduzzi is not a good favorite coach as well.

Briggs and Corleone are studs on the line. Briggs started for virginia at dt as a frosh.....both are better then what fickell has at wisconsin. still have a pace brother on d.......but upfront probably one of better units in big twelve......now outside of that i know they have lot of transfers i'm unsure of quality, including offensive line. I have them pegged as an under team this year.....curious if that 70 point outburst means they are better then i thought on offense

will probably add cincy to my card i agree.......narduzzi is not a good favorite coach as well.

I certainly don’t want to make more out of them smashing a overmatched team in week 1, but I do have to admit I didn’t really take a look at them till after that game as I’m really far behind where I normally would be far as doing homework on teams before season so I’m catching up as we go, obviously I wasn’t worried bout that 1st game so wasn’t much reason to dive in till this week.

So maybe I have let a tad of that game influence me? I don’t think so, I didn’t even know that Emory Jones was the qb so after learning that and knowing Satterfirkd very well I def think their offense should be respected at least as much as you would have ville the last 2-3 years with Cunningham running Satterfiekd offense. I think Jones is a bigger most likely more durable version of Cunningham, think he has a liver arm also.

One thing I think we maybe could take away from that game is I don’t recall him pushing the ball down the field w that kind of accuracy at Florida. It appears they have several talented wrs and satterfuej is very good using the run game to set up shots. Pitt has gotten incredibly vulnerable to big plays in passing game as nardozxi generally phis his corners on so his teams can be more aggressive up front.

I think they are def a middle the pack big 12 team at worst and could be better, I have very little doubt they gonna put up a bunch of points and have a chance to beat a lot the big 12 teams and certainly not convinced pitt the better team. It will really come down to if Emory Jones has finally found a home and can live up to the potential, I think he has a big year. One my few concerns relates to your comment bout Narduzxi as a fav, I think this stupid new clock rule gives a distinct advantage to guys like him who prefer to limit teams amount of possessions. Last year satterfiefs ville team was totally, shscored 17 points in 4th to win, this year not sure they woulda been able to pull that off.

Vanderbilt has been mentioned a couple times. I can't help but wonder how Griffs will do in his first start vs a power 5 - Elon sacked Griffs 4x last week; either a pass protection issue or lack of awareness from him. On the other side, Swan for Vandy, he played in this game last year but did not start - he came in after it was already 35-10 and pretty much took the season over after that. Definitely think Vandy stands a better chance this year vs a lesser WF O and a potentially better 'Dore O then what they had vs WF last year.

I think ODU is worth a shot. I will try to have more thoughts later and I put some the handicapers thread.

Louisiana's QB play is spotty and they have weak WR room. Their best weapon is RBs and ODU shut down the run vs. VT.

I think the offense hits more big plays that were open against VT.

currently every single play I have this week is a dog and talking over 10 plays.......will be interesting to see post week dog fav ats results but seems imo a very dog centric card

I'd even lean FIIU, shit FIU..........north texas may have the worst defense in america.
Definitely feels like a big time dog week to me.

I think ODU is worth a shot. I will try to have more thoughts later and I put some the handicapers thread.

Louisiana's QB play is spotty and they have weak WR room. Their best weapon is RBs and ODU shut down the run vs. VT.

I think the offense hits more big plays that were open against VT.
There he is!

Hate the matchup but situationally Virginia has to be gold. First home game since that piece of shit stole three lives. Going to honor the victims, will be super emotional. Virginia should play inspired. Like the Marshall thing but on steroids

Hate the matchup but situationally Virginia has to be gold. First home game since that piece of shit stole three lives. Going to honor the victims, will be super emotional. Virginia should play inspired. Like the Marshall thing but on steroids

I heard Muskett is hurt? Maybe that explains some of the reason they are home dog? I can't believe Tony Muskett is their starting QB. He wasn't bad or anything, just didn't think he was a FBS starting QB at a Power 5 school. Kind of says where Virginia O is I guess, it's L-O-W. But I do like the situation and as stated before, feel that JMU QB situation isn't good either which could hurt them on the road here vs even a bad P5 team. What is the UVA QB situation @VirginiaCavs

Yes, Muskett is hurt, but unclear on if he will play.

I like UVA either way, but not as much with the backup.

JMU started really poor vs. Bucknell but McLoud came in and did well. Why wasn't he the starter? Or was his performance a suprise?

I heard Muskett is hurt? Maybe that explains some of the reason they are home dog? I can't believe Tony Muskett is their starting QB. He wasn't bad or anything, just didn't think he was a FBS starting QB at a Power 5 school. Kind of says where Virginia O is I guess, it's L-O-W. But I do like the situation and as stated before, feel that JMU QB situation isn't good either which could hurt them on the road here vs even a bad P5 team. What is the UVA QB situation @VirginiaCavs
I haven’t seen anything besides day-to-day and game-time decision, and some hype for the backup (yikes). It is his non-throwing shoulder but still. Backup was awful vs Tennessee backups but it does seem weird to say that we need Muskett lol.

Played this one...a 3, 4, 5, & 6-teamer RR with:

Eastern Michigan Eagles +580 1st half
North Carolina State Wolfpack +248
Texas State Bobcats +370
Washington State Cougars +183
FIU Panthers +370
Rice Owls +260
Risked $84 ($2 per Parlay) to Win $32,630.55

BOLTA!!

This Miami fan isn't betting on Cristobal. The only coach worth anything in this game is Petrino and I question whether Jimbo will actually give him full control of the offense.

Was not impressed with Miami last week despite being on them 2h. Figured Miami OH in the heat wouldn't put up much resistance.

Like Petrino to stick it to them tomorrow.

And how about Duke?! We gotta start finding these BIG ones. A few members been hitting em!!
EMU @ Minny: I think the best chance at a big ML dog winning today is Eastern Michigan over Minny. Minny just might be in a letdown spot after a tough-played opening win last week. I have my SDQL trends that support a ML play on EMU but I actually just settled on playing the 1st Half.....but won't be shocked if EMU pulls the outright upset. They are 4-4 SU last 8 games vs. P5 teams including last year's win over AZ. St. so they are no stranger to this stage. Phil Steele says Minny has a deep stable of WR's and a strong armed QB this season but also states EMU has the #1 back seven on defense in the MAC this season....so they might match up well on D as they also are facing a rushing attack that only managed 55yds last week vs. Neb. Not saying EMU will win but I am saying this game looks to me like the best chance of a big dog winning compared to any other dog >500ML this week. Best of luck in what you decide!

:popcorn: :shake:

Last edited:
Just spent the rest of my weekly lunch money/allowance....LOL I know I'm pitiful but here I am putting my money where my mouth is however putrid it may seem....

Eastern Michigan Eagles +770
Risk: 8.00
Win: 61.60

Eastern Michigan Eagles +570 1st half
Risk: 8.00
Win: 45.60

BOLTA!!

Played two more 3, 4, & 5-teamer RRs:

FIU Panthers +340
Jacksonville State Gamecocks +370
Eastern Michigan Eagles +740
Washington State Cougars +173
Rice Owls +230
Risk $23 ($1.43 Per Parlay) to Win $6,366.42

Jacksonville State Gamecocks +300 1st half
Eastern Michigan Eagles +550 1st half
Rice Owls +230
Washington State Cougars +173
FIU Panthers +250 1st half
Risk: $22 ($1.42 Per Parlay) To Win $2,994.15

BOLTA!!

Hit two 3-teamers with FIU, Rice, & Wazzou winning…paid out ~$156 total. Risked $145 so won a whopping $11 bucks on the day. Helluva day of football though! Still down overall from last week we’ll see what week 3 brings.

:tiphat:

Nice. I cashed a Cincy/texas ml parlay, actually had pennix pass yards over with them also cause I’m greedy! Lol. I was Uber confident Cincy would win even tho in typical sartterfjejd fashion they tried to blow a 20 point 4th qrtr lead! Dude can dual up some offense but he has no ability to adjust off what he decided to do that week so eventually it goes stale. Luckily he had those defensive holders to cover up the fact his offense couldn’t even drain any clock giving pitt multiple chances w ball and chance to take lead. Cincy gonna go up big on a few these big 12 teams with way better offenses than pitt and I’ll be there to be betting a live ml and watch then blow a huge lead!

Back