MistaFlava's NBA FRIDAY ***Power Selection*** (Writeup and Analysis)

MistaFlava

Cheerleader
2007 NBA Internet Posted Record: 12-10 (+0.40 Units)
2007 NBA Internet ATS Record: 8-5 (+4.10 Units)
2007 NBA Internet O/U Record: 4-5 (-3.70 Units)

*Reminder: I post the lines I wagered on. These are my plays and personal thoughts on games. I am not asking everyone to agree, only posting these to help people with information.

-----------------------------------------------

Friday, February 9

Golden State Warriors -1 (50 Units) ***PLAY OF THE NIGHT***

The college game should be just about done by the time this baby gets under way and hopefully I will be looking to make it 2-0 on the night with this one. This is an intriguing one just like last night was an intriguing bet on Sacramento. I didn't post it nor did I count it in my record but these are two games I said I would fade the Bulls on at all costs and fade them I have and fade them I am going to do. What you have to understand about the Bulls is that they struggle badly against Western Conference opponents on the road and that has always been a known fact. This is game #6 of the long ass western trip and the only two games they have won on this trip so far was when they were favored on the spread and went 1-1 ATS in those two ML wins. Other than that, they are 1-4 ATS on this road trip and the only thing on their minds right now is probably hopping on that plane after the game and heading back home to patch things up. Not only do they have to play on back-to-back nights where they are 6-7 ATS on the year but they have to do it without Tyrus Thomas who ironically messed up his ankle last night and Nocioni is out once again and the Bulls are now 0-2 ATS on the year without him. Golden State on the other hand is coming home after a six game eastern trip of their own where they won only two games and went 2-4 ATS. The last time we saw them at home, they killed Charlotte by 26 points and I think we can expect some of the same tonight. The Warriors are without Jason Richardson tonight and possibly without Baron Davis but im not worried one bit. Sarunus Jasekivicius was an oustanding replacement last time out with his 20 points and I see him being just as good tonight against a very tired Bulls team. Golden State is 14-9-1 ATS this season when playing on only one days rest and this could be that one game that sets them off on a streak of wins. For those who still don't believe me about fading the Bulls on the road, they are 6-17-1 ATS away from home this year. Enough said about that.

The Golden State Warriors come into this game somewhat shorthanded but like I said before, it does not concern me and some of the other players are probably going to step things up here. In their last five games, although they were all on the road, the Warriors scored a nice 98.4 points per game but shot only 42.3% from the floor. However, they are a completely different team at home as they are averaging 108.0 points per home game this season and are shooting 47.8% in those home games. The Bulls defense has been lagging a bit and you can't blem them at all considering this very long and grueling road trip. You know what they say about tired legs, the defense is the first to take a hit. The thing with these two teams is that in their last five games (all on the road for both teams), they have noth struggled on offense while both allowing too many points on defense and making too many mistakes at that end of the floor. I know the Warriors are probably down to their third string point guard tonight but the bottom line is that they will have to get physical to win this game and Al Harrington is going to have to have a big game against Ben Wallace and PJ Brown. The inside work should leave Stephen Jackson open for shots all night long and he is quite familiar with playing against the Bulls. Golden State is averaging 26.3 assists per home game this season which is miles above the NBA average. The Warriors have also been a lot better defensively at home which should be a cure for their recent poor play. They have forced 18.6 turnovers per home game and average 9.2 steals at home this season. I think this game is going to end up high scoring and as much as Chicago may stick around early in this shootout, by the time we hit mid-third quarter, expect Golden State to start pulling away and win this game by 10+ points.

Trend of the Game: Chicago is 3-14 ATS in their last 17 games versus the Pacific Division.

Golden State 112, Chicago 98

:shake:

Last edited:
Thanks guys...figured it was about time to start making cash in the NBA. Haven't touched it since December really...

GL

Back