MistaFlava's MPC COMPUTERS BOWL ***Power Selection*** (Writeup and Analysis)

MistaFlava

Cheerleader
2006 CFB Bowl Record: 7-13 (-$18000)
2006 CFB Bowl ATS Record: 7-13 (-$18000)
2006 CFB Bowl O/U Record: 0-0 (+$0.00)
2006 CFB Season Record: 76-59-3 (-$4700)

1 Unit = $100

I guess I have become absolute fade material but it doesn't mean I will stop trying. This will probably be my 3rd straight losing Bowl Season and I just can't get a grip on some of these games. Congrats to all those who have won! Very impressed with some.

---------------------------------

150px-MPCComputersBowlLogo.png

MPC Computers Bowl

Nevada Wolfpack +3 (25 Units)

The Nevada Wolfpack are probably one of the most underrated teams in the Country along with BYU because of their geographical location. Most people have absolutely no clue that if you bet on Nevada all season long you would be up a lot of money as they went 8-4 straight up and 10-2 ATS (at one point winning 8 straight). That's as impressive as it gets and judging by the opening line for this game, Nevada is pulling a Rodney Dangefield and still not getting any respect whatsoever. How can you now give credit to head coach Chris Ault who has been here for 22 seasons now? He has worked hard to field the best possible team for the Wolfpack and his good work is being rewarded with a 4th College Bowl Game appearance. This is Nevada's second straight Bowl Game and only their second in the last 11 years. The schedule wasn't that tough for Nevada this season but they did give Hawaii a great run for their money on the Island (losing by 7 points), and then followed that up with a spanking of the much improved San Jose State Spartans before finally losing to Boise State in their season finale. The Wolfpack are averaging a nice 30.9 points per game this season and they have done it by averaging 363.1 total yards of offense and 5.6 yards per play. Miami's defense is solid as usual and they have allowed only 15.1 points per game this season on only 249.6 total yards per game and 4.4 yards per play. On the ground, RB's Robert Hubbard and Luke Lippincott both rushed for 5.0 yards per carry with 1392 combined yards and 15 combined touchdowns. However, Miami probably has one of the bets run defenses in the Country allowing only 63.5 rushing yards per game on only 2.2 yards per carry. In the air, QB Jeff Rowe would like nothing than to end his great career with a win over a huge program like Miami. Rowe has completed 64.7% of his passes this season for 7.3 yards per pass attempt, 16 touchdowns and only 7 interceptions. He has been sacked 25 times so he needs to be careful against a good pass rushing Miami rush. The Canes don't allow many passes to be completed but they do allow 6.8 yards per pass attempt and Rowe should be looking to hit Marco Mitchell or Mark McCoy on some deep routes. Unlike Miami, the Wolfpack are a very disciplined team that doesn't take too many penalties if De'Angelo Wilson can return punt for his usual 15.2 yards per return, Nevada will be in business from the getgo. I have been impressed with this Nevada team since last year and I think they can come very close to winning this game and sending Coker off with one more loss validating the coaching change.​

The Miami Hurricanes are probably one of the most talented teams in the Country at every single position but I can't really recall one single game this season where they played like it. What in the world makes anyone think they would start playing well as a team in Larry Coker's final game? If you lost your mind enough to bet on Miami as a favorite at any point this season, you would realize that they were 2-4 ATS as favorites, 6-6 straight up on the year and only 4-7 ATS. This is the same Miami team that struggled to beat Houston (won by 1), that struggled to beat Duke (won by 5), that lost three straight to Maryland, Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech and that lost to Virginia the following week before beating Boston College. Coker didn't look like he gave a damn about the Bowl Game last year against LSU and the Hurricanes got spanked right into this season. So why should he come in here, have his guys ready to go against a team from the WAC. Miami is used to playing against teams from big BCS conferences and I can't remember if Coker ever had to coach a Bowl Game against a minnow of college football. Nonetheless, the Hurricanes are still in a State of dissaray and I don't see them coming out on the SMURF TURF and playing well at all. The Hurricanes come into this game averaging 19.5 points per game this season and they have done it by averaging 314.6 total yards of offense and 5.6 yards per play. Nevada's defense is pretty experienced and they managed to escape the WAC by allowing only 19.0 points per game on 327.6 total yards of offense and 5.4 yards per play. On the ground, Miami has had issues running the ball all year long as they average 123.3 rushing yards per game on only 3.7 yards per carry. RB Javarris James was the leading rusher but he's young and lacks experience and it doesn't seem like Coker really took him in the right direction. Nevada is allowing 136.1 rushing yards per game on 4.3 yards per carry this season but they need make sure they make tackles tonight of James will blow by them. In the air, QB Kyle Wright just hasn't come along and he's completing only 60.8% of his passes this season for 6.6 yards per pass attempt, 8 touchdowns and 7 interceptions. Nevada's defense is very good at putting pressure on QB's and hopefully they find a way to beat the front seven of Miami in order to force Wright into make his usual bad decisions. Nevada allows only 6.7 yards per pass attempt and have recovered a whopping 17 fumbles on the year. The Miami QBs have thrown way too many interceptions for my liking and seeing that Nevada has 19 interceptions on the year by 10 different players (has to be tops in the NCAA), I would say Miami turns the ball over which leads to the end of the Larry Coker chapter in Coral Gables. It was a nice run for Larry but his guys won't have enough juice to give him one final win.​

Just to let you all know, Nevada head coach Chris Ault has taken his team to three Bowl Games prior to this one and although he is 1-2 in those Bowl Games, not once has he lost a game by more than 3 points. Sure the opposition wasn't all that impressive but it goes to show that Ault doesn't take these Bowl Games lightly and he probably made sure to let his players know how lucky they are to be in a Bowl Game for the second straight year. I know this is Larry Coker's last game at Miami but I mean cmon...do the guys want to win this one that badly for him? How did the Miami players prepare for this Bowl Game and what did they do in their spare time between the last game of the year and right now? I just have too many question marks in my mind about this Hurricanes team. You also have to consider that playing on this blue SMURF TURF has to definitely be an advantage for a WAC Conference team because they played here several times and already know what adjustments have to be made to win the game. The dogs are barking loud this Bowl Season and I'm not about to miss the dog train this time out.​

Trend of the Game: Miami is 1-7-1 ATS in their last nine games as a favorite.​

Nevada 24, Miami 19​

:cheers:​

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! HAVE A SAFE NIGHT!​

Best of luck today Flava, still plenty of time left to right the ship, so just keep plugging away at it and things will turn around.

Have a safe NYE.

My head is a bit of a mess these days and I was watching the Vikes getting raped by the Rams when I wrote it.

Haven't followed Miami much this year so it should read QB Kirby Freeman. Didn't realize Wright had missed the last three games and wouldn't be playing in the Bowl Game. Oh well. Capped the game with Miami QB's as a whole this season.

Regardless I still like Nevada a lot.

carolinablue said:
Best of luck today Flava, still plenty of time left to right the ship, so just keep plugging away at it and things will turn around.

Have a safe NYE.

Thanks buddy, same to you!

I think Miami opens up the offense and runs wild on Nevada. Time for olson and legget and others to show the scouts they have talent..
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=AswbPDU0ATuvRb__3Y3PGmya1LYF?slug=ap-mpccomputersbowl&prov=ap&type=lgns
They are saying all the right things, and I think that win against BC shows that this team hasnt quit just yet. Nevadas defense is vastly overrated I mean big deal they shut out Utah St and La tech.Nevada is 0 -3 against teams ranked in the top 30 and those games werent even close I think Miami wins by double digits.. Good health to you

abcs said:
I think Miami opens up the offense and runs wild on Nevada. Time for olson and legget and others to show the scouts they have talent..
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=AswbPDU0ATuvRb__3Y3PGmya1LYF?slug=ap-mpccomputersbowl&prov=ap&type=lgns
They are saying all the right things, and I think that win against BC shows that this team hasnt quit just yet. Nevadas defense is vastly overrated I mean big deal they shut out Utah St and La tech.Nevada is 0 -3 against teams ranked in the top 30 and those games werent even close I think Miami wins by double digits.. Good health to you

And Miami almost lost to Puke....

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">flava, I like Nevada as well tonight, don't know how the Florida guys will react to the cold weather.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

MistaFlava said:
My head is a bit of a mess these days and I was watching the Vikes getting raped by the Rams when I wrote it.

quote]

You a Vikes fan Flava? If so you have my condolences, from one fan of misery to another.

Zeke said:
MistaFlava said:

quote]

You a Vikes fan Flava? If so you have my condolences, from one fan of misery to another.

Im a Bills fans...so I share your pain when it comes to misery but I had money on the Vikings unfortunately.

I cannot believe the 3 teams I bet on today in the NFL each had a defensive touchdown go against them. Was the difference in the Brown and Jags games.

You'll bounce back man. When the going gets tough, the tough takes an evening off from watching sports (watch a bad movie instead of the Nevada game), gets drunk & enjoys themselves. Tomorrow is another day.

Back