Michigan State win total over 7.5

Jeffeo

Pretty much a regular
MSU has a stellar team coming back this fall. Mel Tucker has this program fast tracking with his ability to coach up players and have them buy into his coaching. IMO the defense will be the backbone. Tucker is coaching the secondary and his hands on approach will upgrade that liability that it was a year ago. With 9 defensive starters coming back that'll be a veteran group that plays hard. On the offensive side, the O line lacks game experience, it will take a minute to get up to speed. Last year the Spartans rotated 9 different players, on the O line, in and out during games. The running back shoes will be hard to fill since K. Walker went to the pros but they have a couple of able backs in Collins and transfers Berger and Broussard. Most important is the QB Thorne and his recieving corps are back and looking to expand on their successful season last year.
The schedule is not favorable. They are on the road for Washington, Michigan and Penn State and at home against Wisconsin and Ohio State. Daunting as that may be, Coach Tuckers approach is always one game at a time. Barring any injuries to key position players, the Spartans will be up to the task.
Go Green and GL to everyone this upcoming season

From all I’ve heard on preseason previews and pod’s seems like you may be in minority here,, seems lot of folks expecting them to take several steps back this year. Certainly not the worst thing in the world disagreeing w the majority!! I guess my concern other than schedule is they did win quite a few games they coulda easily lost, teams that do that often do regress the following year, I am excited to see the passing attack, couple really good wr’s imo.

Twink and Bank thanks for the replies. When they travel the third week to Washington that will be a great indicator of what this team is about. Last year they went down to Miami and played like rabid dogs in sauna conditions. IMO if they do well here, on the road against a decent Pac-12 opponent that will set up the rest of the season..I'm hoping to see wins against Wisconsin and Penn St., and UM, they have a cake walk until they play the Spartans. The Ohio State game is a must see since Sparty got blown out last year. Paybacks are a bitch. We'll see. Excited to finally see some football. Go Green!

Twink and Bank thanks for the replies. When they travel the third week to Washington that will be a great indicator of what this team is about. Last year they went down to Miami and played like rabid dogs in sauna conditions. IMO if they do well here, on the road against a decent Pac-12 opponent that will set up the rest of the season..I'm hoping to see wins against Wisconsin and Penn St., and UM, they have a cake walk until they play the Spartans. The Ohio State game is a must see since Sparty got blown out last year. Paybacks are a bitch. We'll see. Excited to finally see some football. Go Green!

Oh no man. You didn’t just say they gonna give osu payback? You lost me now! Lol. they be lucky not to get best by more this time! Buckeyes in a totally different stratosphere than sparty, or most everyone else In big10 outside maybe Michigan, even that questionable! Wiscy feels like a stretch to me but at least that prob be close!

Nice thoughts...

I admittedly am super interested to see this defense. This is the ole catch-22 of having returning players, but those returning players were a turnstile at times. Right? We've seen this work both ways over the years.

Thorne is one of those guys who will make huge plays, but also commit a few bad plays as well. I was surprised Reed came back to be honest. Between him and the tight ends, those are some nice weapons. I don't know what happened to Berger at Wisconsin, but it seemingly wasn't good. The kid is talented, so I know they hope this is an attitude they can turn around. Broussard is pretty solid.

The o-line there has been a mess for years. That really will be the telling story here...

What else to factor in? Chemistry. A team built like this -- transfers -- has the potential for issues. Last year they had none, and that was surprising. Credit the staff there. Now, we are looking at a 5-6 win team tops last year without KW. That kid was just special.

Looking at the schedule...

Typically, one would be worried about a team like Washington on the road but they have trouble scoring. This game will likely hinge on that o-line...

Maryland is a toughie -- unless this defense is much better like you expect...

October in general is just brutal. If the Spartans can somehow get 2 wins in the month, then this bet looks solid.

The only challenge in November is the game in Happy Valley.

Good luck on the bet.

Back