Michigan @ Penn State

detroit187

Pretty much a regular
Ok, I expected this line to be at minimum 6. I realize Michigan has played like crap against UCONN and Akron, but seems the bye helped them take control of Minnesota.

Penn St has a talented but freshman qb who just isnt good enough yet. They are a one man offense with the great Allen Robinson from my great High School. Thats it. IU just pasted them, their corners are terrible and their defense is slow and cant tackle. I have only seen them play 2 games, but UCF and IU offenses dominated them.

-3 for Michigan is almost a joke but this will be my biggest play in quite some time.

GO BLUE!!

all thoughts and comments welcome.:badass:

Hunt just thinks blue will get blown out, Tigers will lose the series to the A's, Lions will go 3-13 and the wings/stones both miss the playoffs...missing anything Hunt?
icon12.png

I like Bill O'Brien and think Michigan will probably get the Nits best effort, but man, that defense is SLOW, and if you can't run it on IU, you're going to have problems moving the ball going forward. They had some sacks in there, but only averaged 4.4 yards per play against an IU defense that previously couldn't stop Bloomington North High School.

This is the lions Super Bowl. Sold out, white out, tons of recruits means max effort. Lions quit yesterday and looked like they didn't even want to be there. I watched game only to base the play on this one. Im not done capping yet but got in on psu +3 before it moves to +2. Hopefully it moves other way but they are begging for UofM money. Tread lightly here.

In all seriousness, haven't really looked at it, and kinda refuse..might get in at half or some shit..do we get first half michigan from saturday or second half? do we get the team on the road vs UCONN, at home against akron or the team that beat ND at home?

Too inconsistent.

I personally wouldn't buy into last week' performance from PSU. I try not to judge a team from week before...I think it was a big time look ahead...PSU's defense is consistently been kinda shitty but which Mich team shows up? Michigan doesn't spread teams out anywyas. Don't block well enough on edges to do it.

This is the lions Super Bowl. Sold out, white out, tons of recruits means max effort. Lions quit yesterday and looked like they didn't even want to be there. I watched game only to base the play on this one. Im not done capping yet but got in on psu +3 before it moves to +2. Hopefully it moves other way but they are begging for UofM money. Tread lightly here.

The Lions super bowl? fuck I want tickets. It's a dream.

That's what I was referring too with psu/Indiana game. If they were up for that game id be pounding Michigan.

Can psu keep Michigan in front of them for 4Q?

i am fully aware this is a big weekend in nitwit ville. hell, they were talking about this weekend when i was there last november.. homecoming, opening of hockey arena, etc etc.

but fact remains, psu has played two "decent" teams UCF who dominated them, final was misleading thanks to long snapper overfiring punter at end and IU. the only other team worth a pulse if u call it that was syracuse who hung with them on a neutral.

i have seen two penn state games and i think this line reflects last years team, not this years and the two teams are night and day. they have a great wr and kicker, nothing after that besides a white rb that runs hard and a future star at qb who hasnt got it figured out.

i dont fully trust gardner, but his ability to break down the defense and run will be way too much for those slow backers. and again, their corners are terrible, one safety is slow as can be and they cant tackle.

funchess has a field day too. not that mich is so outstanding, but psu hasnt seen this much talent yet.

if line was psu -3, i would probably not bet it, but 3 for mich hmmm

i will see how this moves

jump, i think u can take away something from that minny game. hell, they improved tremendously from home game vs akron. they have some swagger back and funchess was finally used properly. i know its minnesota but compared to akron game much improvement. now if gardner is off target and gives up some pick 6s thats a whole other story.

I was shocked to see this line here. Michigan has struggled famously this year and they did in the first half of the Minnesota game, but they showed their ability to be really good when they don't turn the ball over. I don't think Penn State has the athletes to create turnovers or spy Gardner.

This is the really only 'exciting', so-to-speak home game for PSU this year. A bye week after then a slaughter at night in the Shoe. Defintely some intangibles there.

Per what Jump said, that has been the norm in this regimes era for the most part. The things to take away from last week were patience by DG, better o-line play and the best of all was finally putting Funchess where he can succeed at his best.

Interesting game. Hunt asked me for a line Saturday night and I just did not know. Prolly be in same boat as him for now and watch a half.

gotta say I agree with those who think the Michigan line looks low.. I was expecting -4.5 maybe -6..

I want to bet UofM bet something is holding me back.. Begging for Mich $

psu game last year as their primetime white out, osu throttled them

was thinking same thing. tOSU also had better QB in my opinion. We know psu will be strictly zone to keep mich in front of them and probably won't bring much pressure (dont' think they can if they wanted to really). Can Gardner pick them apart from the pocket without too many picks? Can the psu linebackers cover the space quick enough? and offensively will psu run belton or lynch on stretch plays instead of zwinack. i think tightends have big day for psu.

i just find it hard to believe that happy valley's defense is gonna be able to control gardner. slow start or not, bad 1/2 or not. the line is definitely goofy, but i'm still on blue.

Michigan looked very ordinary till the last third against minny. A couple of turnovers changed everything. They only had 348, 60 more than minny. They are pretty overrated and psu is at home. 2nd half the sky will literally go from light to dark and it could get weird.

was thinking same thing. tOSU also had better QB in my opinion. We know psu will be strictly zone to keep mich in front of them and probably won't bring much pressure (dont' think they can if they wanted to really). Can Gardner pick them apart from the pocket without too many picks? Can the psu linebackers cover the space quick enough? and offensively will psu run belton or lynch on stretch plays instead of zwinack. i think tightends have big day for psu.

psu not using tight ends much at all this year, throwing to Robinson and other wrs. i was shocked by the #s, their two safety valves i read are injured, one being possession wr felder the other gone for the year in TE Lehman. The PSU linebacker are not quick enough to cover space, that is obvious. PSU has always had some good all around backers, no doubt, this years team that is not the case. MLB is slow, #5 is too big and slow. UCF ran all over those guys.

psu not using tight ends much at all this year, throwing to Robinson and other wrs. i was shocked by the #s, their two safety valves i read are injured, one being possession wr felder the other gone for the year in TE Lehman. The PSU linebacker are not quick enough to cover space, that is obvious. PSU has always had some good all around backers, no doubt, this years team that is not the case. MLB is slow, #5 is too big and slow. UCF ran all over those guys.

i'm not trying to steer you away, just trying to figure this out. had this game circled preseason as a big play for michigan but now i think different. i think obrien will break out tight ends this week. he has no choice. i heard felder will be back, but might have received poor info. i looked up some games and broke some down and it seems obrien wasn't utilizing tight ends as much, but rather using them to clear space with decoy routes and keeping them in to block to assist a weak o-line. it seems he was protecting hack from dangerous throws over the middle and relying on simple outs and slants. hack was bad on posts and outs last week throwing inside so that gets fixed this week. they also, unlike last year, haven't run 2 tier out patterns which i think come back this week. he really doesn't have a choice at this point. if they lose this game i don't see a .500 season. psu has only one player with ability to stretch and safeties will be rolling over for double so that will be gone. tight ends only option in my opinion. psu backers are weak but they may excel vs gardner who doesn't have the best accuracy. depth is major issue and its obvious the recruiting before obrien wasn't very good. in my opinion UCF is better than michigan. much better qb. they were able to run so well because psu had to worry about the pass. and ucf's back is damn good. psu struggled on the edge in that game and they seemed to somewhat correct that. its not perfect, but much better. if obrien takes the leash off they have a shot. i think lynch gets the majority of carries this week since he only had 3 this past week. zwinack won't be able to run at all against mich. i can see belton and lynch getting a lot of balls in check downs and screens as well. looking at the game with no research screams michigan BIG, but i don't know yet. every way i run this im getting psu by 4. i'm actually hoping i get talked out of this.

thats the thing here, i think well i know if PSU was favored by 3 i would say whoa no way i make this bet. Where it is, i say vegas thinks michigan is 6 pts better basically.

preseason had michigan by 16, now my system has completely reversed. either system is off or vegas is begging for mich $$$.

lol, well u know a lot about psu so you should be posting more in this forum with your insight

love the name too, chew skoal mint pouches myself, right now actually lol

lol, well u know a lot about psu so you should be posting more in this forum with your insight

love the name too, chew skoal mint pouches myself, right now actually lol

Saw them a couple times last year on the tube and once in person. Was like watching the eagles this year. Just wanted to see what happened. This year only watched indiana game but I save all games that I'll bet thru year so I can go back. Went to sconnie/psu last year and happy valley is pretty impressive.

Was considering trying those skoal mint pouches or those new things that already have dip "pinched." Been trying to quit but tastes so damn good. Probably not best time of year to quit either lol. Enjoy the dip!

same here, got labeled a penn st fan because i liked those kids last year to succeed and thought the program got shitted on because of media malpractice and a former coach was a creep, paterno a scapegoat etc. looks like i was right after all!

switched from long cut to pouches yrs ago, great decision. now i gotta quit period

that whole situation was and still is a mess. everyone to blame on some level. bot seems to be the biggest scumbags second to that creep, but i was never a fan of paterno. not much good to say about him but they did use him a bit. last year was a nice story for the kids and espn created the drama so they could benefit with ratings by playing all their games.

after saturday, sunday, monday its tough to even put a dip in. maybe i'll try the pouches.

Making my annual trip up this weekend...

only thing giving me hope we can win is the line is so strange that someone smarter than me must know something I don't know

Making my annual trip up this weekend...

only thing giving me hope we can win is the line is so strange that someone smarter than me must know something I don't know

the wife and i are flying in as well to meet some friends. found decent tickets. stadium was impressive last year, but i hear this weekend should be nuts. enjoy.

i knew line would move in that direction.

same here, got labeled a penn st fan because i liked those kids last year to succeed and thought the program got shitted on because of media malpractice and a former coach was a creep, paterno a scapegoat etc. looks like i was right after all!

switched from long cut to pouches yrs ago, great decision. now i gotta quit period

I chewed skoal mint longcut for 10+ years, never could make the change to pouches. Ordered some Grinds online and haven't had a dip in 11 days. Like the mint chocolate ones best, just coffee grinds in a pouch. It's okay, enough to pacify the feeling of something in my lip.

Back