Mets vs. Brewers Wild Card Discussion Thread

Severino is very good at holding runners so it could help mitigate how noncompetitive the Mets have been throwing runners out. How do the Mets allow the Braves twice to steal 2nd uncontested in crucial situations? Giving up free bases doesn’t work well in October.
Brewers are 17-17 in stolen bases vs the Mets.

i played muts gm1, as much a play against milw as it is confidence in muts but the way they came back and won gm1 yesterday against a beaten and broken Braves team was somewhat impressive I guess, lol.

Really? I don’t think milw is all that good. This is like the only dog I like this round.
Hope you’re right and then this series price would make sense. Itll be interesting to see how the Mets recover this quickly from the epic game yesterday, the celebration and the flight. I know it’s only an hour flight but with this short turnaround and a depleted bullpen for game 1, chances are Milwaukee will continue to run all over this defense. Not sure which way I’m going on this series yet because this low price is causing me to pause. GL

Hope you’re right and then this series price would make sense. Itll be interesting to see how the Mets recover this quickly from the epic game yesterday, the celebration and the flight. I know it’s only an hour flight but with this short turnaround and a depleted bullpen for game 1, chances are Milwaukee will continue to run all over this defense. Not sure which way I’m going on this series yet because this low price is causing me to pause. GL

I tend to think teams can get thru a day like yesterdsy carried by adrenaline the next day, eventually it will catch up, maybe gm2? Maybe not til next series? I’m not super confident here I just can’t get off the fact I been waiting a month to fade milw, lol.

Speaking of the celebrating it really annoys me, 1/3 the teams make the playoffs now, could we maybe hold back the joy of getting in on the last day?? The Braves felt especially forced, Mfer limp in by virtue of Mets not trying in gm 2 and are on their way to a quick death in San Diego, let’s hold off on spaying liquor everywhere!

Really leaning Milw here in gm 1

Could happen, im just not a fan of that team. I’d been way more confident if snakes were here that for sure! I don’t trust either starter, muts could be out of gas but I’m just gonna approach it with the mindset that I’ll take muts again 2marro with plus if they lose today. I just don’t think Milw is very good, put them In the al east I doubt they a playoff team. Total milw fade, Mets losing wouldn’t shock me at all.

The other side to Muts being out of gas Is when the last time milw played a meaningful game? It been a minute I think, they had that garbage div locked up for most of sept! At least I get a muts team that played a “must win” and got it done yesterday, like the way they had to comeback late also!

I've kept my mouth shut long enough so bear with me while I vent for the last time about this choking franchise. This is the last Brewers game I watch until they win a playoff round. No more regular season nonsense and no more watching this team which after this series will be 1-11 in its last 12 playoff games.

More like the Brewers choked as they have every playoffs since 2018.

That why I played muts, not sure I even wanted to I just kept telling myself it don’t matter who it is we just fading milw like been planning on for the past month!

Should have did same thing with o’s, didn’t realize they couldn’t score 1 freaking run, all I was focused on was expecting Burnes to hold kc down.

That why I played muts, not sure I even wanted to I just kept telling myself it don’t matter who it is we just fading milw like been planning on for the past month!
No reason to fade them in the regular season. Its the playoffs where the choking happens and why I am dropping my user name.

No reason to fade them in the regular season. Its the playoffs where the choking happens and why I am dropping my user name.

Yes this what I been waiting for. Winning the nl central just doesn’t prepare ya for the playoffs, that div is so so bad!

Burnes should have done this last year instead of blowing a 3-0 lead.

He wasn’t facing kc limp dick lineup last year. Dont remember who he faced but I assume if was better than what kc throwing out there. Its a damn shame he got more run support from brewers than he could get from o’s

I've kept my mouth shut long enough so bear with me while I vent for the last time about this choking franchise. This is the last Brewers game I watch until they win a playoff round. No more regular season nonsense and no more watching this team which after this series will be 1-11 in its last 12 playoff games.
Orioles seem destined to jump on the wagon, now 9 in a row

He wasn’t facing kc limp dick lineup last year. Dont remember who he faced but I assume if www better than what kc throwing out there. Its a damn shame he got more run support from brewers than he could get from o’s
It was Arizona but an ace should not be blowing 3-0 leads in a playoff game.

So I was thinking this series would go all 3 but I can’t bring myself to bet milw. Manaea got banged around by these guys over the weekend after 7 or so straight quality starts, gotta think he pitches better today, Harder for me to trust Montas, feel like it almost a given he gonna allow 3-4 runs. Milw has the pen but Mets tagged them after the early hook on Freddy p yesterday, Mets have won more games late when trailing than any team in the league, think they have a small starting pitcher edge, lineup edge, gotta be Mets or nothing imo.

I would have gone with Civale or Meyers over Montas who is sure to have a blow up inning but I wouldn't have pulled Freddy after he settled in and retired 9 in a row. Then again I don't believe in overmanaging like Murphy and most of the other clowns managing teams today.

Have made a shit load of money off Manaea last month and a half[ he got me last start]. His k total have been straight cash as has his outs.

At least we'll be able to raise another division championship banner. Who cares if it will be 1 win in their last 12 playoff games. Such a disappointing ending to what was an overacheiving season considering the win total was 77.5.

I would have gone with Civale or Meyers over Montas who is sure to have a blow up inning but I wouldn't have pulled Freddy after he settled in and retired 9 in a row. Then again I don't believe in overmanaging like Murphy and most of the other clowns managing teams today.
Murphy and Montas are the only reasons right now I think the Brew move on

Love those two, Murph ASU guy obv and Montas been their best starter for awhile

Murphy and Montas are the only reasons right now I think the Brew move on

Love those two, Murph ASU guy obv and Montas been their best starter for awhile
Murphy sucks and no Montas has not been good at all. He is usually good for the first two or three innings before the roof caves in. Civale or Meyers would have been far better choices but they aren't winning this game or series anyway.

Murphy sucks and no Montas has not been good at all. He is usually good for the first two or three innings before the roof caves in. Civale or Meyers would have been far better choices but they aren't winning this game or series anyway.
Montas has been great for my wagers

And I now know how good Murphy is since you think he sucks but I went to plenty of ASU games when I first moved here and he was the staple. Guy could wear a sausage costume and coach third like the old days. Better than Counsell with less talent.

It's annoying having money on your team...as in YOUR team

Like it's not enjoyable to discuss because I know you're just going to come in and derail what I believe to be a good wager out of sheer spite

I'll be on them today and don't need to hear about how I'm wasting my money. If it loses, fine. Don't need the peanut gallery pseudo fan chiming in with the I told you so BS

TIA

Montas has been great for my wagers

And I now know how good Murphy is since you think he sucks but I went to plenty of ASU games when I first moved here and he was the staple. Guy could wear a sausage costume and coach third like the old days. Better than Counsell with less talent.
I think most managers suck and are pretty much interchangeable. When Ned Yost who was probably thre worst manager the Brewers ever had won a World Series with the Royals I came to realize how little a baseball manager really means.

Murphy is definitely a college coach with the overreliance on bunting and his favoritism towards a scrub like jake Bauers tells me he is in over his head but I think most of these guys are clowns. The GM and front office staff is what makes an organization not the dope in the dugout.

Reactions: KJ
It's annoying having money on your team...as in YOUR team

Like it's not enjoyable to discuss because I know you're just going to come in and derail what I believe to be a good wager out of sheer spite

I'll be on them today and don't need to hear about how I'm wasting my money. If it loses, fine. Don't need the peanut gallery pseudo fan chiming in with the I told you so BS

TIA
They've lost 10 out of their last 11 playoff games. I hope you win your bet and I'm the last one anyone should listen to when it comes to betting on or against this team. I'm just a frustrated fan expressing my displeasure with witnessing the same disappointment every postseason.

I think most managers suck and are pretty much interchangeable. When Ned Yost who was probably thre worst manager the Brewers ever had won a World Series with the Royals I came to realize how little a baseball manager really means.

Murphy is definitely a college coach with the overreliance on bunting and his favoritism towards a scrub like jake Bauers tells me he is in over his head but I think most of these guys are clowns. The GM and front office staff is what makes an organization not the dope in the dugout.
I agree with some of this

Managers are the face of the franchise on a national level and why I'm ecstatic that we have the one we do. He wears it with the team win/lose.

At least facing a lefty probably means that Bauers and his sub .200 batting average will be on the bench though that also means that Turang and Mitchell will have trouble getting on base. Its up to Montas to show why Cincinnati thought he was worth 20 million a season despite his mediocre career.

Yost really was the worst, that was comical when KC won. Then the next year, you have Joe Maddon taking out in the 5th inning a guy who had absolutely dealt all season and all playoffs to put in a starting pitcher in the middle of an inning in the 7th game of the world series.

At least facing a lefty probably means that Bauers and his sub .200 batting average will be on the bench though that also means that Turang and Mitchell will have trouble getting on base. Its up to Montas to show why Cincinnati thought he was worth 20 million a season despite his mediocre career.

Didn’t take them long to bail on that opinion, lol. How they get milw to take him with that kind of money? I assume it a short deal? And/or cincy picked up some of the tab?

Seems odd to me they didn’t set this up to go meyers here, I’m not his biggest fan but he been really good, better than Montas. He had 4 fantastic innings vs Mets over weekend which would put him on ultra short rest now so that obviously why he not pitching, just dunno why they didn’t have the foresight to set things up differently, they had the time and nothing better to do! They pulled him after 50 something pitches, i assume so he good and ready to go if they force a game 3. Just not sure they make it to him!

Didn’t take them long to bail on that opinion, lol. How they get milw to take him with that kind of money? I assume it a short deal? And/or cincy picked up some of the tab?
The contract has an option for next year which will be declined. I understand the reasoning behind the deal, Montas has above average stuff but walks a ton and is certainly not a big game pitcher but they gave up nothing to get him.

Seems odd to me they didn’t set this up to go meyers here, I’m not his biggest fan but he been really good, better than Montas. He had 4 fantastic innings vs Mets over weekend which would put him on ultra short rest now so that obviously why he not pitching, just dunno why they didn’t have the foresight to set things up differently, they had the time and nothing better to do! They pulled him after 50 something pitches, i assume so he good and ready to go if they force a game 3. Just not sure they make it to him!
Civale or Meyers were both better options with Meyers being the guy I would have gone with but veteran baseball men like Pat Murphy will almost always go with experience over a rookie when the choice is not 100% clear.

Civale or Meyers were both better options with Meyers being the guy I would have gone with but veteran baseball men like Pat Murphy will almost always go with experience over a rookie when the choice is not 100% clear.

They should pay attention to the way sport is trending, the hot player tends to perform better than experience guy. Maybe Meyers an innings thing? They been pulling him early his last few starts. Montas walks to many for my taste, that about only thing he does consistently.

I agree with some of this

Managers are the face of the franchise on a national level and why I'm ecstatic that we have the one we do. He wears it with the team win/lose.

Still pisses me off cardinals fired Shildt, maybe that why I like pads, hope another former cardinal rubs it in their faces!!!

The contract has an option for next year which will be declined. I understand the reasoning behind the deal, Montas has above average stuff but walks a ton and is certainly not a big game pitcher but they gave up nothing to get him.

Yea I wasn’t mad at them for getting him, didn’t know reds gave him so much money so when you said that it just surprised me brewers would take on a bigger contract. They needed innings from somewhere but I agree it def the walks that turns me off.

Back