mayweather vs pacquiao winner

• Thread starter Thread starter dilaudid8
  • Start date Start date
D

dilaudid8

good morning guys its not football but i'm back with a winner yes a winner. I use to be a real big fight fan back in the 70s when fighters where fighters not now a days who cares with these losers but wait on may -2 there is money to me made i'm talking about mint gov mint to the bank baby the best fight of all time. money wise the gross money this fight will bring in is unreal I was waiting for this fight fuck the stats i'm not saying this baby will be easy but the better fighter is Pacquiao i'm not 100 percent what the money line is pac -man+245 or +235 bet this now before this baby will drop congrats pac-man mayweather head will look like a Pumpkin after this fight guys if money is tight and your kld's need new shoes you owe it to yourself bet smart not with your heart remember bet with your head mayweather sorry my brother after this fight book a flight to U of M hospital because mayweather will need a Neurosurgeon the bet
pacquiao+235 :stretcher:

health here...Ive said it here but Manny bounces a bit much and Floyd will figure that out quick enough

I don't expect Floyd to fight a MM I type fight...at all

I am not a conspiracy theorist but they rate to make a combined $180 million dollars and the only way I see a rematch is with Manny winning.... and the rematch would bring them more, I think. Unfortunately there is no history of match fixing in boxing for the sake of money....

gl D8

Mayweather is just the better fighter at this point in their careers (which is why we finally have the fight).

They were both with HBO when their representatives began to negotiate the fight intensely at the end of 2009 and into early 2010.
All of the deal points were agreed to for a March 13, 2010 fight -- including a 50-50 financial split -- except for one: the method of drug testing in the lead-up to the fight. Mayweather, ahead of his time, demanded random blood and urine testing and Pacquiao declined to accept the specific protocol Mayweather wanted.

Ya he doped and Mayweather used it as an excuse to dodge him (again).

He should have demanded his girlfriend got tested for dope before he beat her.

Don't think May would throw the fight and risk his perfect record

I've read a lot about it and I side with Twinkie here. Pac more fit for WWE in terms of doping history

Sorry to change subjects, but how bout tonight's fight? Gennady Golovkin vs Martin Murray. Golovkin is a beast, fucking determined, marching up the ranks. No way you can take him at -2000 but I'm taking UNDER 7.5 rounds. All Golovkin does is knock mother fuckers out. 31-0 with 28 KO's, and most of them ending real early. Gonna eat a little juice here at -160 and take the UNDER. Hoping for a quick knock out. Thoughts anybody?

Don't think May would throw the fight and risk his perfect record

I've read a lot about it and I side with Twinkie here. Pac more fit for WWE in terms of doping history

If I thought it wasn't going to be fixed, I would be on Mayweather at this price against a completely washed up version of Manny. I just have a feeling the thing is a big set up for the next huge payday.

He is a very boring fighter to watch so I hope Manny at least goes out never stopping from moving forward and swinging so that we all aren't wasting our money and time watching another shitty Mayweather match.

If I thought it wasn't going to be fixed, I would be on Mayweather at this price against a completely washed up version of Manny. I just have a feeling the thing is a big set up for the next huge payday.

He is a very boring fighter to watch so I hope Manny at least goes out never stopping from moving forward and swinging so that we all aren't wasting our money and time watching another shitty Mayweather match.
clown ty I think your right about a rematch I think mayweather will have problem's fighting a southpaw. don't forget mayweather is 3 years older mayweather has no power not saying pac-man has alot he did years back but pac-man really wants mayweather and bad but the fight is in vegas. meaning pac-man will have to knock him out to win because I dont think vegas will let pac-man win mayweather will be running for his life can pac-man catch him I think he will but it should be a great fight like you said I hope its not a trash fight pay per view will be like 100 and pac-man is getting great odds bol

Sorry to change subjects, but how bout tonight's fight? Gennady Golovkin vs Martin Murray. Golovkin is a beast, fucking determined, marching up the ranks. No way you can take him at -2000 but I'm taking UNDER 7.5 rounds. All Golovkin does is knock mother fuckers out. 31-0 with 28 KO's, and most of them ending real early. Gonna eat a little juice here at -160 and take the UNDER. Hoping for a quick knock out. Thoughts anybody?
Damn the KO streak continues but unfortunately for me it came in the 11th.

Ya he doped and Mayweather used it as an excuse to dodge him (again).

He should have demanded his girlfriend got tested for dope before he beat her.
if it is a character contest, I guess Paq wins for the post

but the post makes not much sense for the ring and what was asked:shake:

if it is a character contest, I guess Paq wins for the post

but the post makes not much sense for the ring and what was asked:shake:

He is basically saying he couldn't beat Pacman as he was (the doped version). That's all I am saying. I think he has every right to want to fight the guy on a level playing field (no dope) but if it were me and I really thought I was the best I would have taken that money, shut everybody up and done the fight. The way he has made his record is Julio Cesar Chavez-like. I hate his style of boxing, as a local here in LV it is widely known he is a shitty person, and I admit I am biased against him.

He will run and counterpunch and get rewarded for it again. The other guy will have to make the fight, again. Then he will brag afterwards about how he is a technician in the ring, a boxing master artist and so on ... yawn. Hope he gets beat, doubt he would if the sport was on the up and up ... but the sport isn't, he isn't stand up, and so I think D8 has a shot.

:cheers3:
He is basically saying he couldn't beat Pacman as he was (the doped version). That's all I am saying. I think he has every right to want to fight the guy on a level playing field (no dope) but if it were me and I really thought I was the best I would have taken that money, shut everybody up and done the fight. The way he has made his record is Julio Cesar Chavez-like. I hate his style of boxing, as a local here in LV it is widely known he is a shitty person, and I admit I am biased against him.

He will run and counterpunch and get rewarded for it again. The other guy will have to make the fight, again. Then he will brag afterwards about how he is a technician in the ring, a boxing master artist and so on ... yawn. Hope he gets beat, doubt he would if the sport was on the up and up ... but the sport isn't, he isn't stand up, and so I think D8 has a shot.
clowncar is 100 percent right what a dishonest sport boxing is its unreal a lot of these judge's should be shot. its all about money and having fav my god how many times have you seen boxing matches fixed all the time that;s why i'm saying Pac- man will have to knock mayweather out or beat him real bad and then the judge's still might give the fight to mayweather . I think mayweather will get hit I wish this fight was 15 round;s like the fight's use to be . clowncar made a great point you could be seeing 3 fight's between these fighters its about money 3 fight'ss would bring in over 1 Billion dollars easy

:cheers3:
clowncar is 100 percent right what a dishonest sport boxing is its unreal a lot of these judge's should be shot. its all about money and having fav my god how many times have you seen boxing matches fixed all the time that;s why i'm saying Pac- man will have to knock mayweather out or beat him real bad and then the judge's still might give the fight to mayweather . I think mayweather will get hit I wish this fight was 15 round;s like the fight's use to be . clowncar made a great point you could be seeing 3 fight's between these fighters its about money 3 fight'ss would bring in over 1 Billion dollars easy

No disrespect, but you guys clearly haven't been paying much attention. The judges damn near awarded Maidana the fight against Mayweather, just because he was competitive. One judge found a way to score the Canelo fight a draw, when he lost 11 rounds. So this "Manny has to knock him out" bullshit is for the birds. You could argue the exact opposite. That they're trying to force a Mayweather loss.

In terms of "boo hoo he just runs and pot shots", let's put a little blame on his opponents, shall we? I mean, if that's ALL the guy does, then he seems pretty one dimensional, no? Surely a master of the ring like Pacquiao can figure that out, right? Should be an easy nights work for the Pac-Man.

I always get a kick out of people putting all this blame on Mayweather, for being so much better than his opponent. The name of the game is hit and don't get hit. If you want a war, you have to drag him into one. If you don't want him moving, then cut the ring off, pin him in, and do something about it. The blame is on Pacquiao, if he can't do it. Not Mayweather. It's YOUR job to hit your opponent. It's NOT your opponents job to let you.

People have such goofball opinions when it comes to Mayweather. Like he's supposed to stand in the center of the ring and play rock 'em sock 'em robots, like a moron.

No disrespect, but you guys clearly haven't been paying much attention. The judges damn near awarded Maidana the fight against Mayweather, just because he was competitive. One judge found a way to score the Canelo fight a draw, when he lost 11 rounds. So this "Manny has to knock him out" bullshit is for the birds. You could argue the exact opposite. That they're trying to force a Mayweather loss.

In terms of "boo hoo he just runs and pot shots", let's put a little blame on his opponents, shall we? I mean, if that's ALL the guy does, then he seems pretty one dimensional, no? Surely a master of the ring like Pacquiao can figure that out, right? Should be an easy nights work for the Pac-Man.

I always get a kick out of people putting all this blame on Mayweather, for being so much better than his opponent. The name of the game is hit and don't get hit. If you want a war, you have to drag him into one. If you don't want him moving, then cut the ring off, pin him in, and do something about it. The blame is on Pacquiao, if he can't do it. Not Mayweather. It's YOUR job to hit your opponent. It's NOT your opponents job to let you.

People have such goofball opinions when it comes to Mayweather. Like he's supposed to stand in the center of the ring and play rock 'em sock 'em robots, like a moron.
jap your right about mayweather its not his fault he is much faster . if PAC-MAN is better he should catch mayweather he will this time around I really believe Pac-man will cut that ring off he can't duck PAC-MAN anymore was he scared off PAC -MAN 100 percent yes he want's that percent record. but your wrong mayweather is a vegas guy the fight your talking about you said he almost lost everything was set up he won the fight that's all that matters by 1 or or 2 a win is a win . you really don't think the other judge's talk before they give the zebra that point card the judge' know who won the fight before anybody else

jap your right about mayweather its not his fault he is much faster . if PAC-MAN is better he should catch mayweather he will this time around I really believe Pac-man will cut that ring off he can't duck PAC-MAN anymore was he scared off PAC -MAN 100 percent yes he want's that percent record. but your wrong mayweather is a vegas guy the fight your talking about you said he almost lost everything was set up he won the fight that's all that matters by 1 or or 2 a win is a win . you really don't think the other judge's talk before they give the zebra that point card the judge' know who won the fight before anybody else

Wait. You just went full conspiracy theorist. You should never go full conspiracy theorist. You're basically saying that no matter what the scores say, it ALL favors Mayweather. That's just goofy. Sorry, but it is.

You're kidding yourself if you think Mayweather was EVER scared of Manny. Not a chance in hell. There's a million reasons the fight didn't happen. And half of them are because of Team Pacquiao. You can like it or not, but it's a fact.

Funny how Manny was walking away from 50/50 split with 14 day cutoff, but all the sudden he's ready to fight for 60/40 with no cutoff. Can't help but wonder why that is.

already placed a bet on pac to win and once pac to win via ko comes out, i'll place a bet on that as well.

any of you guys think this ends in a draw?

It will be a two fight crappy undercard and the main event should be a typical floyd snoozefest.

I'll pass.

We will have to agree to disagree about a few things jab. 1. Mayweather was shaking in his boots, scared to fight Manny five years ago. 2. The fight not happening was almost all on the Mayweather front. 3. While I agree somewhat that it is your job to hit the guy and not be hit ... there is no fight without another person in the ring with Mayweather. The other fighter always, always, always makes the fight against Mayweather and since almost all of those people fail at making the fight against Mayweather, he is the most boring champion since I started watching the sport. It's a yawner watching him run away from his opponents. I remember when Oscar beat Trinidad .... he spent two rounds running from Trinidad so they stole the fight from him so lets not pretend MW isn't getting favorable treatment. He deserves to be behind the 8 ball on the scorecard when he is running away. The opponent has to expose themselves for a punch to be thrown in the fight. And that is all MW does .. counter and run. It is just soooooo boring to watch his fights.

Why doesn't boxing force people to fight?

That's why I love the UFC, the champ has to fight the number one contender or at least someone up at the top of their weight division. Like last night, the champ Rousey fought #1 contender Zingano. Here are more coming up...

4-18-15 Lightweight Division: Champ Anthony Pettis is fighting #1 contender Dos Anjos. Going to be a pretty good fight btw.
4-25-15 Bantamweight Division: Champ TJ Dillashaw vs #1 contender Renan Barao.
5-23-15 Light Heavyweight Division: Champ Jon Jones vs #1 contender Anthony Johnson.

I think it's ridiculous a fighter can pick and choose who he wants to fight. It should be mandatory.

We will have to agree to disagree about a few things jab. 1. Mayweather was shaking in his boots, scared to fight Manny five years ago. 2. The fight not happening was almost all on the Mayweather front. 3. While I agree somewhat that it is your job to hit the guy and not be hit ... there is no fight without another person in the ring with Mayweather. The other fighter always, always, always makes the fight against Mayweather and since almost all of those people fail at making the fight against Mayweather, he is the most boring champion since I started watching the sport. It's a yawner watching him run away from his opponents. I remember when Oscar beat Trinidad .... he spent two rounds running from Trinidad so they stole the fight from him so lets not pretend MW isn't getting favorable treatment. He deserves to be behind the 8 ball on the scorecard when he is running away. The opponent has to expose themselves for a punch to be thrown in the fight. And that is all MW does .. counter and run. It is just soooooo boring to watch his fights.
wow....this is so wrong, I couldn't even start anywhere. I would be up all night....

Why doesn't boxing force people to fight?

That's why I love the UFC, the champ has to fight the number one contender or at least someone up at the top of their weight division. Like last night, the champ Rousey fought #1 contender Zingano. Here are more coming up...

4-18-15 Lightweight Division: Champ Anthony Pettis is fighting #1 contender Dos Anjos. Going to be a pretty good fight btw.
4-25-15 Bantamweight Division: Champ TJ Dillashaw vs #1 contender Renan Barao.
5-23-15 Light Heavyweight Division: Champ Jon Jones vs #1 contender Anthony Johnson.

I think it's ridiculous a fighter can pick and choose who he wants to fight. It should be mandatory.

Your 1st question- Boxing isn't a company run by one man.

Then that's what's wrong with it. Being able to pick and choose your opponent is weak.

Very weak indeed. Mayweather is making $120 mil for this fight, Manny is making $80 mil. UFC HW champ makes $500k per fight. Boxing's model is definitely fucked up

And when did the UFC ever put a fight together the fans wanted? Couldn't put Fedor-Brock together; didn't put GSP-Silva together, and didn't put Silva-Jones together. Hell, they couldn't even get Vitor to Machida just a month ago.

Floyd and Manny arent naturally the same weight. Floyd fights at 147 and 154; Manny only fights at 147 because of big names( his own words). He said he could go back to 140 easily.

And when did the UFC ever put a fight together the fans wanted? Couldn't put Fedor-Brock together; didn't put GSP-Silva together, and didn't put Silva-Jones together. Hell, they couldn't even get Vitor to Machida just a month ago.

Floyd and Manny arent naturally the same weight. Floyd fights at 147 and 154; Manny only fights at 147 because of big names( his own words). He said he could go back to 140 easily.
Jones has fought all of his fights at the light heavyweight division around 205 lbs, Silva has fought 95% of his fights at the middleweight division around 185 lbs. I don't know the ins and outs on who should move up or down but it was going to be a big move for either. Silva has also said he didn't like the fact that he was 12 years older then Jones (his own words). But agree with you that GSP at the welterweight and Silva should have met somewhere in the middle and fought. They were being pussies.

I'm not even going to address the first thing. Because saying "he was shaking in his boots" is childish, and it's your opinion, backed up by zero facts.

Number 2, again, why would Manny and Arum walk away from 50/50 with a cutoff, only to come back and settle for 60/40 with no cutoff? When you can answer that, we'll talk who's fault it was (actually, no we won't. It doesn't matter now).

As for how "boring" Mayweather is. I don't ask that everyone think that he's exciting. But did you even watch the Maidana fights? The Canelo fight? Cotto? Mosley? Mayweather stood in the middle of the ring and beat the hell out of Canelo, Mosley, and Cotto. And in the first fight, he beat Maidana at his very own game. Shit, there were points in the Canelo fight where Mayweather was walking him down.

You say that the opponent always brings the fight, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Maidana brought the fight. That's it. Mayweather stood in front of Canelo. He stood in front of Cotto. He stood in front of Mosley. Mayweather TOOK the fight from them. Why do you think that when a guy gets in there with Mayweather, he cuts their workrate in half? Because they know that 1) they're gonna miss, and 2) he's gonna make them pay for missing. It makes then gunshy. They don't WANT to throw punches, because they pay for every mistake.

Anyway, I could go on forever. Your mind appears made up. And that's fine. But a lot of what you're saying is terribly, terribly wrong.

And Manny has a better shot now, than he did 5 years ago. Hell, even Freddie Roach said that, last week. His words "5 years ago, maybe Mayweather wins. Not today"

My first comments in this forum. IMO Pac-Man WILL KO Mayweather before the 8th round is over.

Floyd is not taking him seriously, thus when Pac-Man tags him Floyd goes down like the sack of crap he is....

My first comments in this forum. IMO Pac-Man WILL KO Mayweather before the 8th round is over.

Floyd is not taking him seriously, thus when Pac-Man tags him Floyd goes down like the sack of crap he is....

When has Floyd Mayweather ever NOT taken a fight seriously? FFS, he took Ortiz seriously. He took Guerrero seriously. You think he's not taking Manny freaking Pacquiao seriously? This is the same guy who has dedicated himself to the sport, is constantly in shape, and always prepared in the ring, mentally and physically. There is NOTHING to suggest that he won't take the biggest fight of his career seriously.

Also, Pacquiao couldn't KO Algeiri, having knocked him down 75 times. I'd be surprised if he KO's Mayweather.

I'm not even going to address the first thing. Because saying "he was shaking in his boots" is childish, and it's your opinion, backed up by zero facts.

Number 2, again, why would Manny and Arum walk away from 50/50 with a cutoff, only to come back and settle for 60/40 with no cutoff? When you can answer that, we'll talk who's fault it was (actually, no we won't. It doesn't matter now).

You're right, it doesn't matter now as they are going to finally fight, but didn't Mayweather insist on having random drug tests all the way up to the fight, including the day of? There was no 'cutoff' since Mayweather wasn't budging that he wanted random BLOOD testing, not simply urine testing (which is what the Nevada State Commission requires).

Pacquiao had agreed to move off his hard-line stance of refusing a blood test inside 30 days before the fight, but Mayweather wouldn't budge off his desire for random testing all the way until the fight, Arum said. Nor would Mayweather agree to a public apology for remarks he made accusing Pacquiao of using performance-enhancing drugs, Arum said.

The sides had negotiated every point of the deal except for the drug testing procedures. The fighters agreed to unlimited random urine testing, but Mayweather insisted on random blood testing as well, even though the Nevada State Athletic Commission, which would regulate the fight, requires only urine testing.

Pacquiao (50-3-2, 38 KOs) didn't want any blood testing but had agreed to take three blood tests: one during the week of the kickoff news conference, which would have taken place next week; one random test to be conducted no later than 30 days before the fight; and a final test in his dressing room after the fight. Mayweather (40-0, 25 KOs) would have been subject to the same testing procedures

Arum said Pacquiao agreed to shorten the window for a blood test to 24 days before the fight. In order to receive a Nevada boxing license, Pacquiao took the standard annual blood test 24 days before his May 2009 fight with Ricky Hatton.

"Manny accepted what was on the table and Mayweather rejected it," Arum said. "Haymon and Schaefer tried to convince Floyd all [Tuesday night] and [Wednesday] and he wouldn't agree to it. He didn't want the fight. He never wanted the fight. I always knew the fight wouldn't happen."

The drug testing became a major issue when Floyd Mayweather Sr., the father of the fighter, made several public remarks accusing Pacquiao of using performance-enhancing drugs without a shred of proof. Mayweather Jr. later made similar remarks about Pacquiao using PEDs, even though Pacquiao denies it and has never failed a drug test.

"When the fight was offered, Manny accepted it with no hesitation," Pacquiao adviser Michael Koncz told ESPN.com from the Philippines, where he was with Pacquiao. "We're not surprised. We saw this coming once they started this drug bull----. It was a way for them to get out of the fight. I don't think Mayweather expected Manny to accept the challenge so quickly."

Mayweather offered a 14 day cutoff. It was shot down by Arum. That's a fact.

We've each got 5 years worth of old articles that suit our argument. I honestly couldn't care less about it anymore.

2009:
Mayweather announced his retirement in 2008 but made a winning return in late 2009 after almost two years out of the ring. During that time Pacquiao had enhanced his reputation with wins in different weight divisions, prompting calls for a showdown with Mayweather.
Negotiations were hampered by rows over dates, money, venue, weight and even glove size, but there was hope that a fight could still go ahead in spring 2010. However, it was comments from Mayweather's father about "supplements" and Mayweather's insistence on blood tests that finally undermined the deal.
Pacquiao refused to test right before the fight but said he would provide blood before the launch press conference and after the bout. "Mayweather's camp would not give in on the issue," reports Bleacher Report. "Pacquiao ultimately decided to pursue legal action based on what he believed were insinuations that he was on performance-enhancing drugs."

2010:

Pacquiao reportedly had a change of heart over the testing in early 2010, provided that he only had to donate a small amount of blood no later than two weeks before the fight. That prompted reports of a bout in November of that year, only for Mayweather to announce he would not fight again in 2010.
The year ended with Mayweather unleashing a homophobic and profanity-filled rant about Pacquiao on video sharing site Ustream, for which he later apologised.

2011:

Informal negotiations appeared to continue between the two camps, but no dates or concrete plans were ever put forward. In December Mayweather was convicted of domestic violence and eventually served two months in jail in 2012.

2012:

Amid rumours of a fight on 5 May in Vegas, the two men reportedly spoke over the phone about a deal. However, Mayweather told ESPN that he had refused to split the pot with Pacquiao.
"I told him no that can't happen, but what can happen is you can make more money fighting me then you have made in your career," he said. Pacquiao refused to the deal without an agreed share of the takings.
Hopes of a fight were made even more remote when Pacquiao lost two consecutive fights in June and December 2012 and Mayweather served his domestic violence prison sentence. However, the pair did settle the defamation case prompted by comments from Mayweather's father in 2009.

2013:

With Pacquiao's reputation still damaged by his 2012 defeats, Mayweather taunted him by suggesting that he was now "desperate" to fight him. But he also claimed that Pacquiao's promoter was the problem. "I will never do business with Bob Arum... and Pacquiao is Bob Arum's fighter," he said.

2014:

In January and after Mayweather's taunts about money, Pacquiao offered to fight him for free, with the proceeds going to charity. Mayweather did not take up the offer.
After a quiet 2014 Pacquiao, back to winning ways in Las Vegas, again called on Mayweather to fight him. "For the first time in years, Manny didn't play the 'I leave it to the hands of my promoter' card and even dropped the pretence as he called out Mayweather to fight him next year," notes FHM Philippines.
In December Mayweather offered 2 May as a date and Pacquiao has now said he accepts.

Mayweather offered a 14 day cutoff. It was shot down by Arum. That's a fact.

We've each got 5 years worth of old articles that suit our argument. I honestly couldn't care less about it anymore.

But in 2010, Manny agreed to a 2 week cutoff. Floyd then backtracked on that. That's a fact as well.

Right, Pacquiao offered to fight for free, and blah blah blah. As if that were ever going to happen.

Trust me, I could dig up articles about Arum wanting to build a stadium, Manny being scared of needles, etc. I just don't care enough to do it.

But in 2010, Manny agreed to a 2 week cutoff. Floyd then backtracked on that. That's a fact as well.

You're exactly right. But that doesn't change that they walked away from it to start with. Manny walks away, Floyd is accused of ducking. Floyd walks away, Floyd is accused of ducking. The double standard is laughable.

Back