Mayweather/Hatton 24/7

• Thread starter Thread starter signalcaller
  • Start date Start date
S

signalcaller

Show just started its first episode tonight and was great. Heres the quote of the year though. Roger Mayweather (Floyds uncle) was asked about why is Floyd is still fighting and what does he have to fight for. heres his response

"Why is that Bill Gates guy still making those fuckin computers, he wants to be rich. Floyd wants to be rich"

Classic quote. Anybody else watch it. Cant wait for this fight. Pretty Boy is going to beat Hatton down

"i think you saw more action in those 4 rounds than you have in floyds whole career" -hatton

"make the fucking fight happen"- pretty boy floyd

I can't wait to see that little s**t brit get beat down.

Who you liking in this one BAR??
Bro..from like 2004-2006 I would cap boxing a lot...and watch every fight...been away for a bit with the fight game...

I have seen Hatton live a few times...like him a lot..but I need to talk to some guys first about this before I make a wajor...

I have some local friends that follow a lot...only other boxing expert I follow is a guy at covers...

he was $Jay$..then OksoIBalze24_7 and is now MMMCapper at covers...check his thoughts out..he is best boxing guy I know on the net

Theres only 1 Mayweather !!

that shit was hilarious HBO always does a great job. One of the best shows in all. I love how they hype all big fights.

I wonder if they will show Floyd betting on games again lol.

Thoughts since I'm a avid boxing fan...

Mayweather IS one of the best fighters to come along in the past decade. He is pound-for-pound probably one of the best the last 50 years.
However, I believe boxing and good fights are all about styles. Some fights are better simply because the styles mesh so well. This also means some fighters can have another fighters number based just on their style doesn't fit the others defense.

Mayweather has a near flawless defense and generally does just enough to win a fight. He doesn't care about making it look good, he just cares about winning. When you throw 30 - 40 punches a round you doing "just enough" to win rounds.

I believe the crowds influence judges more than we think. This crowd at MGM will be pro Hatton and will have the normal chanting and bands playing, which could steal him some of the closer rounds.

Hatton is going to keep coming at Floyd and in typical fashion bang away at the body. Hatton's defense is going to have to be ready for Floyd's fists on the counter. Hatton also swells up because he doesn't much care if he gets tagged, which concerns me a great deal. What counter puncher doesn't love someone who continually keeps coming at them?

However, Floyd hasn't been in the ring with someone as strong on the inside as Hatton. If Floyd isn't going to put together better combinations than he did against ODLH, Hatton has an outstanding chance to win this late.

Mayweather is coming off a dancing with the stars appearance and knows the ODLH fight did not make fans happy. He may take some chances in this fight to try and increase his appeal, but if he stands in the middle he will lose.

Hatton on the other hand has nothing to lose because everyone in the US thinks he's going to lose anyway. His fans in Europe will love him regardless and this is his biggest fight of his career. You know he'll be going balls out and/or go out swinging.

I don't believe Floyd will be able to KO Hatton. Hatton however could KO Floyd. The only way this gets stopped in Floyd's favor is if there's a cut or Hatton swells so much he can't see.

BUT, what I like about this is if Floyd is going to only throw his typical 30 - 40 punches per round, Hatton may be able to simply out-point Floyd with a steady assult if he can throw 60 - 70 punches per round. Obviously they have to be clean shots, but if Hatton can land shots, he could win just because of his output.

27% of 40 punches is 11 per round. Hatton only needs to connect on 20% of 60 punches (13) to technically out-point him. He landed 32% against Tszyu and avered 65 punches per round! It's obviously not that exact of a science and I believe boxing is slightly more legit than the WWE, but if Hatton has one of those 90 punch rounds he can do over the first 3 rounds, he could have a distinct advantage early and I don't believe Floyd fights that well from behind or when his punches thrown stat goes up.

I already hammered Hatton at +280 because of my believe that he will simply out land Mayweather.

paint Hatton as the hero and Floyd as the obnoxious asshole, let some people bet Hatton and here I come to sweep up my PBF money. Too fast for Hatton, he won't get near him with those punches

Floyd is the fastest fighter I have seen. He really doesnt let clean punches land on him. I dont think he will knock out Hatton anyways but outboxes him to a fairly easy victory. I cant wait till the Brits hammer this line down. Ill be all over PBF

Floyd is the fastest fighter I have seen. He really doesnt let clean punches land on him. I dont think he will knock out Hatton anyways but outboxes him to a fairly easy victory. I cant wait till the Brits hammer this line down. Ill be all over PBF

I really can't disagree, but what do you think about Floyd's punching output VS. Hatton's?

Hatton throws nearly twice as many per round as Floyd and if they both land between 27% - 32% Hatton wins because of output IMO.

Rickey Fatton

LOL that shirt was great that they made. That was a shitty episode though. They need to focus more on Floyd. Thats what makes the show entertaining.

I wanna see a Floyd/Cotto fight. Anybody think that one will happen

LOL that shirt was great that they made. That was a shitty episode though. They need to focus more on Floyd. Thats what makes the show entertaining.

I wanna see a Floyd/Cotto fight. Anybody think that one will happen

would love to see it, I have been a huge Cotto fan and I just love watching PBF, no hate towards him.

I don't think there is a boxer today that is going to take Floyd down though

Back